• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • scottyfz6

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2018
    I picked up a few items from DC laser yesterday, all done to the ATF spec. Turn around was a week, but I dropped off more than a few.

All very cleanly and well done.

scottyfz6

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2018
    Any polymer lowers?
    I did not, but it would need the embedded metal plate. He asked when I talked to him. I dont know if he does the install of the metal plate. Depending on what it is it would not be too hard to put one in. Think metal plate with tabs, heat and epoxy.

garywent

Jul 30, 2022
    Baltimore
    Can we get a list of any FFL that is actually going to be doing this engraving sticky posted on the top of the 2A Maryland board please. This thread has been hijacked and goes in every direction possible. All we really need is a list if there's going to be one.
    Duffy's in Sparks is doing it. $50 for one, $25 each additional.

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham

Also see post 424 in this thread.

dant98

Oct 25, 2013
    Apparently I've been living in a cave. I only learned about this bill recently. I'm contacting some FFLs in my area to see about engraving services. If anybody has had any success getting this done on polymer frames, let me know.

6-Pack

NRA Life Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    Carroll Co.
    Apparently I've been living in a cave. I only learned about this bill recently. I'm contacting some FFLs in my area to see about engraving services. If anybody has had any success getting this done on polymer frames, let me know.
    Lock Stock and Barrel in Taneytown/Keymar did a few of mine while I waited. Nice folks and he cut me a break because I was doing 5+.

GuitarmanNick

Ultimate Member
    Jan 9, 2017
    Laurel
    Lock Stock and Barrel in Taneytown/Keymar did a few of mine while I waited. Nice folks and he cut me a break because I was doing 5+.
    Just spoke to them about what is needed for an all polymer lower. A piece of aluminum(must be thick enough to accept .003" engraving depth) can be epoxied into the frame. On a PF940v1.5, the picatinny rail can have an opening cut into it and the aluminum strip can be secured with epoxy on the inside.
    As for where to get the aluminum, any old aluminum pan can be used to donate the needed material.
    Looks like it is possible to save my v1.5 build, after all.

Gcs7th

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2012
    AGC
    Alejandro with Blue Custom works will be at the AGC this weekend doing ATF compliant serializations. A portion of all engravings will be donated to the AGC. His contact info is below.

Saturday may be a little busy as it overlaps with MD 10th Calvarys club meeting. However if your looking to join the AGC this is a great opportunity to see the range and meet another great club.

Im with Arlington Rifle and pistol club who’s hosting Alejandro who is also an Arlington member. If you have any questions about an AGC membership you can talk to 10th Calvary or come to any Arlington Rifle and Pistol club event or contact any of the board members via our website.

Attachments

• CBD529FE-779C-4902-8710-8CE4A75C52C4.jpeg
      CBD529FE-779C-4902-8710-8CE4A75C52C4.jpeg
      69.7 KB · Views: 92
    Last edited:
    And from what someone else said they aren't doing it right?
    Im waiting on the ATF to tell us how it's supposed to be done before I get have them engraved and frankly Duffy's price is too high. It would cost me several hundred dollars to do all mine. Hopefully they won't be the only place around to do them.

Gcs7th

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2012
    AGC
    Alejandro with blue custom works is doing ATF compliant engraving. The issue with the ATF compliant engraving is it needs to be entered in the FFLs bound book, as it comes in with no SN leaves with a ATF compliant SN, the FFL needs to track they don’t reuse SNs, and is logged who it is returned to. It’s a bit of paperwork and now if that gun ever comes up lost stolen or recovered they will be contacting the FFL who did the engraving.

Again this is a gunsmithing service so not everyone can do it or wants to but there are plenty here willing to help keep everyone legal.

jkeys

Jan 30, 2013
    And from what someone else said they aren't doing it right?
    Im waiting on the ATF to tell us how it's supposed to be done before I get have them engraved and frankly Duffy's price is too high. It would cost me several hundred dollars to do all mine. Hopefully they won't be the only place around to do them.
    Duffys is doing it per MD law. It isn't right or wrong. They just refuse to comply with the new Federal rule that goes into effect next month. It doesn't affect you at all unless you are planning to sell your homemade firearms.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Scooby225

Latest threads

Top Bottom