• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Grits

In God I Trust And Live
    Jul 12, 2012
    Frederick
    Anybody know of any local shops in Frederick releasing? I'll know what one is going to do by Tuesday, my 10th day.

bobthefisher

Durka ninja
    Aug 18, 2010
    Definitely not where you are!
    Did you read what I said? I'll know Tuesday for at least one. The FFLs have enough work without me calling. If you are waiting for a release at one of the Frederick FFLs then say so.:)

What's the shop's name? Post their name and give them some credit, it's good for business.

The more FFL's that start releasing the more that will follow. I'm honestly waiting on what Bass Pro shop is about to decide, as they're a major retailer with big lawyer money. If they start releasing on the eighth day, you better believe the flood gates will open, and those that are last to get on board will feel the pinch.

Shoobedoo

US Army Veteran
    Jun 1, 2013
    Keyser WV
    What's the shop's name? Post their name and give them some credit, it's good for business. .

I believe it's Gunrunners in old town Frederick, they are closed on Mondays.

They are my "go to" LGS, and I know the owner well. He's a great guy and I'm very loyal to them, but my guess is this isn't going to sway him.

Don't get me wrong, nothing would make happier if he did, as I have an AR-15 and an HK93 sitting there waiting for me to pick up, but I kind of doubt Bob is going to budge on this. Just my gut instinct after being a customer there for 5+ years, and purchasing a safeload of regulated guns from them.

Reloader

Ultimate Member
    Oct 23, 2007
    Arnold, MD
    What's the shop's name? Post their name and give them some credit, it's good for business.

The more FFL's that start releasing the more that will follow. I'm honestly waiting on what Bass Pro shop is about to decide, as they're a major retailer with big lawyer money. If they start releasing on the eighth day, you better believe the flood gates will open, and those that are last to get on board will feel the pinch.

Bass Pro never released even when times were good without hearing back from MSP. That's one of the reasons I would never buy handguns there.

bobthefisher

Durka ninja
    Aug 18, 2010
    Definitely not where you are!
    Bass Pro never released even when times were good without hearing back from MSP. That's one of the reasons I would never buy handguns there.

Only more reason to keep bugging the crap out of them. Let them know you'll be taking their business elsewhere. Starting mid next week (give people time to digest these instructions) I'm going to start calling around and seeing who's a go.

bigwillc

Apr 12, 2013
    Charles County - Da Dorf
    Only more reason to keep bugging the crap out of them. Let them know you'll be taking their business elsewhere. Starting mid next week (give people time to digest these instructions) I'm going to start calling around and seeing who's a go.

I betcha your local Bass Pro could probably care less that you or any of us are taking our business elsewhere. As long as there isn't a mass exodus or boycott from their stores they'll continue to do what they want in terms of customer service or when they choose to release firearms. If they already have our money what's their incentive......

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    I just visited Free State Armory for the first time. Definately had to blow off some steam. A little .223 decompression.

Very nice, polite, and helpful folks. Nice range with electronic distance controls for the targets. Computerized is Cool.

I asked about a new purchase and was told they have to wait until paperwork comes back from MSP to release. I told them I'm Retired Military, a Maryland Designated Collector, NRA Pistol Instructor Certified, and an all-round honest guy (honestly). They didn't bite, but they do have a pool table in the showroom, so I cut them some slack. Who wouldn't like to shoot pool for 3 months?

Notice to Continental Arms in Timonium, my membership is almost up with you. I'm going to Free State. The prices are right and the attitude is right and their getting my business.

If I'm spending thousands of dollars and waiting hundreds of day, I want to get stroked some by the people taking my money.

We've been together a long time and breaking up is hard to do.

Sooooooooooo!!! It's not you it's me.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    I betcha your local Bass Pro could probably care less that you or any of us are taking our business elsewhere. As long as there isn't a mass exodus or boycott from their stores they'll continue to do what they want in terms of customer service or when they choose to release firearms. If they already have our money what's their incentive......

I spoke with Bass Pro at 10 this morning.

I was told they are holding our firearms hostage until they hear from MSP.

You want to hear the reason why???

wcm250f

May 13, 2013
    I spoke with Bass Pro at 10 this morning.

I was told they are holding our firearms hostage until they hear from MSP.

You want to hear the reason why???

Yes I would like to know. They are holding my ruger.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    OK, I'll tell you, but like Samuel L. Jackson said: Hold onto your butts.

I was told that since all the handguns they sell have to have fired shell casings that the handguns are USED and that Bass Pro was not in the business of selling USED handguns.

This is basically word for word.

I don't know if SHE didn't explain it right.

I don't know if SHE misunderstood what someone had told her.

BUT: WTF???

I was so flabergasted that I didn't say a word except to thank her for her time. I didn't want to say anything else stupid this morning.

Now, Bass Pro has a way of bringing up past phone calls I think. I would love some more clarification on this, but I'm not calling back down there until the Firearms Manager gets in on Monday.

wcm250f

May 13, 2013
    If that was true then they would never be able to sell a firearm. Sounds like a employee that doesn't know what she is talking about. When I spoke with Bass pro, they told me that they had not received the letter yet, but heard about it and was not sure how they were going to handle it. When I called was two hours after other ffl dealers received the letter from msp

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    If that was true then they would never be able to sell a firearm. Sounds like a employee that doesn't know what she is talking about. When I spoke with Bass pro, they told me that they had not received the letter yet, but heard about it and was not sure how they were going to handle it. When I called was two hours after other ffl dealers received the letter from msp

YEAH!

Exactly!

I could tell she was searching for an answer, but that was not the right one.

They received that letter yesterday morning. I spoke with them about the letter too.

Gbh

Ultimate Member
    Nov 25, 2012
    OK, I'll tell you, but like Samuel L. Jackson said: Hold onto your butts.

I was told that since all the handguns they sell have to have fired shell casings that the handguns are USED and that Bass Pro was not in the business of selling USED handguns.

This is basically word for word.

Wow. I guess every car and truck sold would be considered "used" because someone drove it off the carrier into the parking lot. You should share her comments with the BP manager.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    loops12

Latest threads

Top Bottom