Let me join the fun, my M&P15-22 is here !!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Maxicooper

Sep 16, 2008
    Ellicott City, Md
    She's back !!!

Barrel threaded and Wilson Combat flash hider project was completed. :D

The rifle was done a week ago (a week before scheduled). I really like the way the rifle looks now.

Here are some snapshpts earlier this evening, ...

4281077578_4a76f44cbb_o.jpg

4280334199_ff1f2780f7.jpg
    4280334109_da9dec88b7.jpg

4281077550_1b73fdea72_o.jpg

:D

Thanks Chad & Scott's Gunsmithing for barrel threaded and installed the flash hider. Excellent job indeed. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

reckless1

Jan 17, 2010
    Hello gents,
    i actually live in kingston jamaica and came upon your thread...i just imported my 15-22 and also found that the cci ammo works best. N3CAL i had the same problem yesterday when it seems that one of the winchester .22 ammo i was firing ruptured in the breach and there went my extractor. so unfortunately i cant just ship my rifle back to smith and wesson but will have to call them to see if i can get replacement parts or the entire bolt assembly..

Maxicooper

Sep 16, 2008
    Ellicott City, Md
    Maxicooper love the accessories, i just ordered the timney trigger and magpul sites...

I'm looking very closely to the Timney competition, 4.5 lbs, as well. It looks very well made. The trigger upgrade project will the final touch to the rifle, but I might have the project on hold for a while.

4084354481_a24a19b6ac_m.jpg

After all the upgrades I had earlier plus my new purchase of the 66 F-comp, I'm broke. :P

Looks good, thanks. :D

reckless1

Jan 17, 2010
    maxicooper,

nice .357, i spoke with smith and wesson this morning and they are not setup yet for spare parts ordering for the M&P 15-22 through customer service, so i am going to have to ask the dealer out here to order a complete bolt assembly and probably the extractor for me (this way i have spares)...

Maxicooper

Sep 16, 2008
    Ellicott City, Md
    I've just got back from On Target. The range was reopened today after the range was closed for renovation.

I have just had a chance to sight in the 15-22 today, after having barrel threaded. Test fired 100 rounds of Mini Mags, ........ zero mulfunction. :D

angeloriol

MP15-22 / springfield v10
    Feb 1, 2010
    just got my m&p15-22

i got mines on 1/27 and sent it for repairs on 1/28 ejector went missing after about 200 + rounds shot flawless before that happened i got the threaded version your piece looking good maxi i ordered the hogue grips ur piece inspired me on getting mines only thing oi hate is all the bad reviews and having to send it back.... so soon :mad54: lol

Maxicooper

Sep 16, 2008
    Ellicott City, Md
    Congrats on your new rifle. :thumbsup:

Sorry to hear about having to send back the rifle. Look at the bright side, you're sending your rifle for an update to the current spec. :D

MDMOUNTAINEER

Glock, AR, Savage Junkie
    Mar 4, 2009
    West Virginia
    :drool: Very well done! Just got mine a week ago. I got one with a factory flash-hider but that wilson combat might take it's place. How do those magpul BUIS hold up? I think I'm gonna do the skeletonized timney and an eotech but just leave it at that. I am envious, that was very well thought out!

Maxicooper

Sep 16, 2008
    Ellicott City, Md
    Nice lookin' rig!

Thank you. :D

:drool: Very well done! Just got mine a week ago. I got one with a factory flash-hider but that wilson combat might take it's place. How do those magpul BUIS hold up? I think I'm gonna do the skeletonized timney and an eotech but just leave it at that. I am envious, that was very well thought out!

The Magpul sight are great. It's perfectly co-witness with the Eotech. Works great as back-up sights. Looks great as well. :thumbsup:

I'm interested in the Timney skeletonized model as well. But I'm not sure how it will look on the rifle.

Congrats on your new rifle. You will love it. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

MDMOUNTAINEER

Glock, AR, Savage Junkie
    Mar 4, 2009
    West Virginia
    I must admit I was a little reluctant at first with all the negative stuff floating in some of the reviews. I can deal with finicky ammo, but I there were people reporting damaged receivers etc. I haven't shot mine yet but the advice is appreciated. I really like that wilson combat, but that makes yours unique so I'll let it be. Come to think of it, I haven't seen many with factory flash hiders.

Maxicooper

Sep 16, 2008
    Ellicott City, Md
    I must admit I was a little reluctant at first with all the negative stuff floating in some of the reviews. I can deal with finicky ammo, but I there were people reporting damaged receivers etc. I haven't shot mine yet but the advice is appreciated. I really like that wilson combat, but that makes yours unique so I'll let it be. Come to think of it, I haven't seen many with factory flash hiders.

Please do not hesitate to have fun with the rifle. It is a blast to shoot !!! :thumbsup:

My suggestion: Make sure to throughly clean the rifle before your first trip to the range. Use good quality ammos, for at least for the first couple of hundreds rounds.
    I found CCI Mini Mags, Stingers and CCI Standard Velocity work flawlessly in my 15-22. Once you find the right ammo for your rifle, stick with it. ;)

Enjoy shooting (and modding :))

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom