Let me join the fun, my M&P15-22 is here !!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Maxicooper

Sep 16, 2008
    Ellicott City, Md
    Forgot to mention, this has become one my favorite accessories recently. ;)

Wilson Combat Accu-tec flash hider

4082391859_3467101e9a.jpg

guthook

Grrr.
    Apr 7, 2008
    St. Mary's
    :tdown: 1st time to the range today with mine. :tdown: The first 75 rounds went fine with no problems. ( Gun was cleaned and lubed prior to first use) Then I started having FTE's in just about every mag. Put a total of 400 rounds down range. FTE's got worse and worse as I went along. I tried cleaning and lubing after about 200 rounds. No help. CCI mini-mag HP and CCI Blazer worked the best. The Winchester SuperX was the worst. I ended up only putting about 25 of the Winchesters down range before giving up on them.

I called Smith & Wesson and talked to Customer Service, They want the gun back to look at. They are sending me a FedEx Label to ship it back. They said to just ship the gun. They didn't wan't me to ship the magazine, told me to keep it.

I was very pleased with the accuracy, I was shooting 50 yards with just the iron sites and grouping was fantastic!

I noticed that each spent cartrige was about half way out the side and caught by the bolt. The next round was always in the chamber, after clearing the spent cartrige, the round in the chamber fired each time.

Man that stinks. BUT.......read over some of the other threads on .22lr ammo. Winchester .22lr ammo isn't very highly regarded around here. The CCI Mini-Mag High Velocity is pretty much the functional standard.
    Good luck with your return, hopefully you'll get a second mag out of the deal.:)

n3cal

Aug 10, 2009
    St. Mary's County
    Hats off to Smith & Wesson! They fixed the gun and got it back to me in less than a week! The repair paper said it was updated to current specs. I've put over 300 rounds through it since getting it back and its been perfect! No more issues. I've stuck to using the CCI ammo for now. They told me to send in the gun without any mags which I did. When I got it back there were two new mags in the box with the gun! :D

md_rick_o

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 30, 2008
    Severn Md.
    Hats off to Smith & Wesson! They fixed the gun and got it back to me in less than a week! The repair paper said it was updated to current specs. I've put over 300 rounds through it since getting it back and its been perfect! No more issues. I've stuck to using the CCI ammo for now. They told me to send in the gun without any mags which I did. When I got it back there were two new mags in the box with the gun! :D

that is great customer service, quick fix and magazines for your trouble.

janoss

Oct 1, 2009
    Great project. When you are all done, you should make a parts list of what came stock and what you added. You should get out to the Marriotsville range and shoot it outside.

Maxicooper

Sep 16, 2008
    Ellicott City, Md
    Great project. When you are all done, you should make a parts list of what came stock and what you added. You should get out to the Marriotsville range and shoot it outside.

Thank you. It is a fun project indeed. :D

I would love to get out and shoot there. Is it member only range, or open to public?

I will definitely go and check out the range, if it open to public.
    I may be going out to shooting range one or two more times before sending the rifle in for barrel threaded and install the flash hinder. ;)

Maxicooper

Sep 16, 2008
    Ellicott City, Md
    Good seeing you at the range Maxi, love the new AR. I'll have to get a .22 conversion and bring my AR inside for some shooting fun.

Likewise. We had a blast on the day. My son keep asking me everyday when we're going to the range again. ;)

Btw, we should get together at OnTarget again sometimes. :D

Great that you already have an AR to start with. Spike Tactical's upper will fit you perfectly. :thumbsup:

Unless you want to have a "Tacticool" in addition to your AR, then 15-22 is the way to go. :cool:

PS: I like your new IS-F :thumbsup:

EVOIXGSR

Straight Baller Status
    Mar 13, 2008
    Baltimore Co.
    How is the accuracy on the 15-22? Still trying to decide between this and the GSG-5 from Gun Connection.... decisions, decisions...

Maxicooper

Sep 16, 2008
    Ellicott City, Md
    How is the accuracy on the 15-22? Still trying to decide between this and the GSG-5 from Gun Connection.... decisions, decisions...

I haven't got a chance to take it to any outdoor range, only shooting at indoor range. With Eotach and MBUS sights, my setup is not for long range shooting any way.

So far, I very happy with the result. Pretty accurate out of the box. :thumbsup:

Maxicooper

Sep 16, 2008
    Ellicott City, Md
    Last weekend range report.

175 rounds of CCI std. velocity, 25 rounds of Fed. Lightning (Walmart bulk), zero mulfunction. :thumbsup:

The groups below were each shot using 25 rounds of CCI std. velocity.

We had a blast, but I need more practice btw. :P

4145336072_fdf1264d7d_o.jpg

Maxicooper

Sep 16, 2008
    Ellicott City, Md
    My 15-22 was sent to Scott's shop today for barrel threaded and install this Wilson Combat's Accu Tech flash hider. :D

4082391859_3467101e9a.jpg

Will post an update as soon as I get the rifle back. Can't wait indeed. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom