Let me join the fun, my M&P15-22 is here !!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Maxicooper

Sep 16, 2008
    Ellicott City, Md
    It's here, the Eotech. :thumbsup:

4051834722_1c580e8ab3_o.jpg

4051836110_ba7bf7cfeb_o.jpg

End of "phase one". ;)

Maxicooper

Sep 16, 2008
    Ellicott City, Md
    Phase I (completed, 10/09)

• Tango Down BattleGrip Quick Detach Vertical Grip
    • GG&G Sling Thing, front sling mount
    • Blue Force Vickers Sling
    • Magpul MBUS front & rear
    • Eotech 511 rev. F

4051835376_627fa00ec2.jpg

Phase II (I hope to complete by Christmas '09)

• Surefire G2Z
    • LaRue Tactical Offset Flashlight Mount LT-606
    • Magpul CTR Mil-Spec stock
    • LaRue Tactical 1.25" Swivel QD Sling Mount for Stock
    • Magpul MIAD system grip kit

Phase III (Spirng/Summer '10) :D

• Upgrade trigger set
    • Attach flash suppressor
    • Sound suppressor

Maxicooper

Sep 16, 2008
    Ellicott City, Md
    2nd range report:

Was at On Target last night to sight in the new Magpul backup sight and the Eotech. Spent 200 rounds of different brand of ammunitions, the rifle works flawlessly with CCIs (Stinger & Mini Mag HP).:thumbsup:

I found that my rifle doesn't like Remington Golden Bullet and Remington Viper.
    Especially the golden bullet, I got all kind of wierd thing in every 10 - 15 rounds. :tdown:
    I changed mags (I brought 3 mags) and still got problems, so it's not the bad magazines. It's that my rifle doesn't like the rounds.:sad20:

I will try to find some value box from Federal or Winchester next time, if I could find it around here.

So far, I really have fun with the rifle. Love it...love it...love it.... :D

n3cal

Aug 10, 2009
    St. Mary's County
    Thanks for the report. Hopefully I'll get a chance to try my 15-22 out for the first time tomorrow at Myrtle Grove! I've got about 500 rounds of CCI, Winchester, and Agulia Golden Eagle Target rounds.

Sinjin

Jan 21, 2009
    2nd range report:

Was at On Target last night to sight in the new Magpul backup sight and the Eotech. Spent 200 rounds of different brand of ammunitions, the rifle works flawlessly with CCIs (Stinger & Mini Mag HP).:thumbsup:

I found that my rifle doesn't like Remington Golden Bullet and Remington Viper.
    Especially the golden bullet, I got all kind of wierd thing in every 10 - 15 rounds. :tdown:
    I changed mags (I brought 3 mags) and still got problems, so it's not the bad magazines. It's that my rifle doesn't like the rounds.:sad20:

I will try to find some value box from Federal or Winchester next time, if I could find it around here.

So far, I really have fun with the rifle. Love it...love it...love it.... :D

I've pretty much completely determined that mine doesn't like Winchester or Remington of any type that I can find...FTF or FTE every magazine. I've tried everything else I can think of and that's been suggested, other than sending the gun in to S&W.

I need to pick up some CCI to see how that goes.

Let us know how you fare with the other brands!

CHUNKERMD

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2009
    West MD
    I read the feedback- My first experience was -not too good-,however, all CCI-minimag fired and now I believe there is a break in period. There is a protocol to loading the mag's for the temperament of the tool. Good groups with a Barska sight after just randomly locking on to the rail.

Maxicooper

Sep 16, 2008
    Ellicott City, Md
    Just got 2 bricks of Federal Lightning from Walmart this afternoon. I will try it this coming week. Just hope the rifle loves the rounds, it's about half the price of the MINI Mag. :rolleyes:

ssssshhh, Santa decided to sent me the Magpul CTR before Christmas. It is on the way, yeah. :D

n3cal

Aug 10, 2009
    St. Mary's County
    :tdown: 1st time to the range today with mine. :tdown: The first 75 rounds went fine with no problems. ( Gun was cleaned and lubed prior to first use) Then I started having FTE's in just about every mag. Put a total of 400 rounds down range. FTE's got worse and worse as I went along. I tried cleaning and lubing after about 200 rounds. No help. CCI mini-mag HP and CCI Blazer worked the best. The Winchester SuperX was the worst. I ended up only putting about 25 of the Winchesters down range before giving up on them.

I called Smith & Wesson and talked to Customer Service, They want the gun back to look at. They are sending me a FedEx Label to ship it back. They said to just ship the gun. They didn't wan't me to ship the magazine, told me to keep it.

I was very pleased with the accuracy, I was shooting 50 yards with just the iron sites and grouping was fantastic!

I noticed that each spent cartrige was about half way out the side and caught by the bolt. The next round was always in the chamber, after clearing the spent cartrige, the round in the chamber fired each time.

Maxicooper

Sep 16, 2008
    Ellicott City, Md
    Sorry to hear about the problem. I think it might be a good idea to send it back to S&W for some adjustment. Just a minor tweak inside, and it should work flawlessly. ;)

+1 on the accuracy. I haven't tried at any range longer than 30 yards. At 20 yards off hand, I'm very happy with the result. :thumbsup:

I'm planning to change the grip since the stock one is a little too small for me. At first, I was thinking about getting the Magpul MIAD. I think I wanna go with a basic Hogue Overmolded instead. :D

I had 2 bricks of Federal Lightning and couple of boxes of Rem. Thunderbolt that I would like to try, hopefully sometimes next week. Will post the result. ;)

Sinjin

Jan 21, 2009
    :tdown: 1st time to the range today with mine. :tdown: The first 75 rounds went fine with no problems. ( Gun was cleaned and lubed prior to first use) Then I started having FTE's in just about every mag. Put a total of 400 rounds down range. FTE's got worse and worse as I went along. I tried cleaning and lubing after about 200 rounds. No help. CCI mini-mag HP and CCI Blazer worked the best. The Winchester SuperX was the worst. I ended up only putting about 25 of the Winchesters down range before giving up on them.

I called Smith & Wesson and talked to Customer Service, They want the gun back to look at. They are sending me a FedEx Label to ship it back. They said to just ship the gun. They didn't wan't me to ship the magazine, told me to keep it.

I was very pleased with the accuracy, I was shooting 50 yards with just the iron sites and grouping was fantastic!

I noticed that each spent cartrige was about half way out the side and caught by the bolt. The next round was always in the chamber, after clearing the spent cartrige, the round in the chamber fired each time.

Same problem I'm having. :sad20: I'm going to go shoot this week with some minimags...if that doesn't do it, back to S&W for me, too. :(

n3cal

Aug 10, 2009
    St. Mary's County
    Took a close look at my 15-22 after getting home from the range, looks like my extractor is missing. Can anyone confirm this? The manual dosen't have a parts breakdown.

Attachments

• IMG_0409.jpg
      IMG_0409.jpg
      84.8 KB · Views: 497
    Last edited:

n3cal

Aug 10, 2009
    St. Mary's County
    Thanks for posting that pic Maxicooper. I think the extractor is missing. :sad20:
    Here is another angle.

Attachments

• IMG_0411.jpg
      IMG_0411.jpg
      81.5 KB · Views: 528

Maxicooper

Sep 16, 2008
    Ellicott City, Md
    Phase I (completed, 10/09)

Phase II (I hope to complete by Christmas '09)

• Surefire G2Z
    • LaRue Tactical Offset Flashlight Mount LT-606
    • Magpul CTR Mil-Spec stock
    • LaRue Tactical 1.25" Swivel QD Sling Mount for Stock
    • Magpul MIAD system grip kit

Phase II has begun. (sooner than I thought)

I saw an UPS box in the living room and another one's expected to arrive tomorrow. :D

Stay tuned for the update. :cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom