• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hibs

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2015
    Maryland
    Ah. OK. Rock on. Your profile says Maryland. I do admire your follow thorough.

Posted initial question three hours ago, now have gun and parts on the way lol.
    I frequent the area, just not a permanent resident ;-)

I have been eyeballing them hard. Good to hear some first hand experiences from the forum members on the MKE clones. All said and done even with accessories I’ll be about a grand less then a real HK. As long as it shoots the same, I feel OK about that

Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House
    linkstate, a decisive mind is a sharp mind. You have to grab it when you see it. In my experience, if you don't, you only end up with regret.

Hibs

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2015
    Maryland
    Yes, they go FAST. If you want one, get it now. It might seem expensive until you start looking at the cost of an HK stock and realize they start at around $600. Again, the MKE collapsible stocks are built just as well as HK examples.
    Ordered!

linkstate

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2013
    Howard County
    linkstate, a decisive mind is a sharp mind. You have to grab it when you see it. In my experience, if you don't, you only end up with regret.

Truth. Too many coulda, shoulda, woulda firearm purchase hesitations on the regret list. Either through availability drying up and/or significant cost increase over time.

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    Some kind of delayed blowback makes a huge difference. Other options are the CMMG RDB setup, that’s probably cheapest. Angstadt Arms, JP make roller delayed uppers, and Mean arms makes a bearing delayed upper. If willing to go with a different platform, the Stribogs are worth a look with a good price point. https://grandpower.eu/products/product-categories/stribog-line/45acp-stribog-line/stribog-sp45/

Oh, thanks. :rolleyes:

I never had much interest in a large format pistol, like the Stribog, in 9mm.

I didn't know they came in 10mm and .45 now. 10mm sounds nice, but I have a lot of .45 lying around...

guzma393

Jan 15, 2020
    Severn, MD
    The CA mp5 is a solid buy, but i ran into QC issues with myns. I got the core "k-model", but should be a similar animal. Fortunately, it wasn't anything too drastic. Be sure to check for bolt gap and other google-able preventative maintenance measures. In my case, I think the ejector bar was out of spec as it wore out in less than 1k rounds, leading to intermittent ejection patterns and jams.

After switching it to a german OEM ejector bar, along with a german OEM spring, the ejection issues drastically improved, where the occasional jams is from running really dirty ammo, causing the gun to get carboned up more than usual, especially when suppressed. To further aid in ejection and extraction performance and reliability, I noticed factors of magazines (MKE ones work great), spare extractor springs, and keeping the extractor and ejector parts clean further assure reliable operation. So far, i've ran the gun 5k+ rounds with no noticeable wear.

As mentioned in other posts, it's a hit or miss if your AP5 will run FP's or HP's. Myns hates HP's and FP's, but I heard using HK OEM mags may solve this issue. Other than that, it feeds flawlessly with standard fmj, and in my case, my RN cast subsonic loads.

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    Good buy! You’ll be very happy with the MKE. I got mine when they were being imported by Zenith and it’s been flawless.

FullSizeRender.jpeg

I’m not an MD resident, don’t need to comply with 29” rule.
    If you can find one of these in stock, they are VERY nice for the price point.

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    I’ve owned the MKE Z-5RS and AP5 along with an H&K SP5. Both MKEs had the Action 3 cuts on the bolt face that’s supposed to help feed hollow points, but I never tried them myself. My POF has the original style bolt face and feeds HSTs fine from German mags though.

In addition to build quality, SP5 money gets you an F bolt group and ambi FBI 0-1 trigger group. If you care about that sort of thing, it’s cost effective to buy the SP5 rather than hunting down those parts to swap into an MKE.

The annoying thing about the SP5 is the dog bone semi auto shelf that’s unique to itself. It cannot take other trigger housings without modification. The MKE has a front push pin and takes regular housings, though sometimes requiring opening that front window a bit.

The AP5s certainly run and you’ll be happy with it though.

rhott25

Nov 17, 2018
    I bought the Palmetto State Armory AR-V 9MM PCC. It's absolutely worth every penny. It uses the CZ Evo mags that's $15 per. The gun itself is under $1k. But to be honest...I just love the weapon. Lifetime guaranteed because it's from PSA and it's just 100% fun.

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    I bought the Palmetto State Armory AR-V 9MM PCC. It's absolutely worth every penny. It uses the CZ Evo mags that's $15 per. The gun itself is under $1k. But to be honest...I just love the weapon. Lifetime guaranteed because it's from PSA and it's just 100% fun.
    Those are very easy to bump fire off the shoulder with controlled and aimed bursts

Hibs

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2015
    Maryland
    Yep I was eyeballing those too, definitely look fun.

linkstate

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2013
    Howard County
    I have an AR style collapsible set up that will make you MD SBR legal. $100 and its yours. All you have to do is pop 2 pins and swap.

I appreciate the offer but I think I’ll have to pass. I don’t have plans to add an SP5 or clone anytime soon. I have enough parts for various things I was sure I was going to use someday collecting dust.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I got my Sig MPX K just for the reason to carry it in a back pack.
    I got rid of my Sig MPX K because after 2 years I never carried it in a back pack.

Hibs

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2015
    Maryland
    I got my Sig MPX K just for the reason to carry it in a back pack.
    I got rid of my Sig MPX K because after 2 years I never carried it in a back pack.
    I’m well aware that what I envision may not actually happen, lol

What do you do when you travel / hotel overnights etc? Just a pistol? I thought you just made a thread about this. Or do you have a folding AR?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom