• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

TexDefender

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2017
    I was unaware that supporting equality and fairness under the law in United States made me a whiny bitch.

If so, I wear that label with pride. Better that than a supporter of Animal Farm type laws.

I support law enforcement but once you quit the job, the protections and privileges the state grants as a condition of wearing the uniform go with it.

If you think that is a problem then such people don't belong in law enforcement at all. Thin blue line, blue wall of silence and all that are NOT compliments.

Matt
    Only when you call for a repeal, so wear it with pride.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

SCV/SAR Patriot

UNRECONSTRUCTED
    Uh, no.

Until evil ceases to exist in the hearts an minds of mankind, I'd rather someone on my side was carrying the means of defense.

It would be far preferable for all those who are mentally capable to tool up until everyone can carry legally. Not that there's any likelihood of the end of evil. We seem to need adversaries to challenge us; it's evolutionary. Mankind would stagnate absent mortal challenge .

Personally I don't want to rely on having someone "on my side" carrying for my defense. That should be up to the individual who's in charge of their own protection to decide, don't you think?

East2West

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 20, 2013
    Nomalley, Nobama
    We lobbied for that privilege. Get the police unions on your side and all the other pro gun lobbies to do the same.

So you lobbied to have a privilege (read right) but not for everyone to have that same privilege (read right)???

Now wait, I thought we were all on the same team, and that it was the legislators who were trying to divide "us"???

TexDefender

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2017
    More than 2 per 330,000,000

Who is victimized more, LEOs with situations like yours and the other one you provided, or witnesses/victims that sent these criminals through the system?
    Lobby and get the law changed in Maryland so victims can get a permit easier.

East2West

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 20, 2013
    Nomalley, Nobama
    Uh, no.

Until evil ceases to exist in the hearts an minds of mankind, I'd rather someone on my side was carrying the means of defense.

It would be far preferable for all those who are mentally capable to tool up until everyone can carry legally. Not that there's any likelihood of the end of evil. We seem to need adversaries to challenge us; it's evolutionary. Mankind would stagnate absent mortal challenge .

You'd rather someone who is "on your side" (which is a whole different debate) be carrying than to be able to carry yourself???

Interesting

TexDefender

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2017
    Tracey Carrington, the Dawson Family, Guy Coffee, Kareem Guest, Moses Malone.

Just a few local names readily available via quick Google search for people murdered for being witnesses to crimes.

How many off duty LEOs have been murdered by people they've locked up?

How many retired LEOs have been murdered by people they locked up?

What's the off duty/retired LEO murder rate in the US vs the murder rate of civilians?

Statistics are not on the side of your argument. Off duty officers and especially retired officers are at no greater risk of being the victim of a violent crime than a civilian is. A PERCEIVED threat is no excuse for special treatment.
    Shame you are so good in convincing people, you should get this ball a rolling. I'm sure you could convince the police unions and lobbies to join you.

TexDefender

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2017
    "I'm special because..." is a BS argument. It's the same argument the congress critters use to exempt themselves from all kinds of things to include insider trading laws and the ACA.

Why is 10 years (down from 15) so special? Wouldn't someone who made a single arrest face the same threat? Wouldn't simply having worn the uniform be the same threat? If you say "no", you're being elitist and furthering the "us vs them" mentality.

What about veterans? We've carried M16s, M9s, M4s, M60s, M240Bs, etc for years...generally 4 at least. By the same argument they should be able to legally posses and carry anything they want since they've had extensive training and plenty of experience using weapons in deadly scenarios. We've also been called out as targets by terrorist organizations, yet we don't get LEOSA status or special status when it comes to carrying.

LEOSA is a cruel joke to the rest of the populous. Just because you may benefit from LEOSA status doesn't mean the law is good, correct, or constitutional. If you think LEOSA is good, then you buy into the idea that you are, like the pigs in Animal Farm, "more equal than others".
    No it just has a better lobby. Try getting them to join your cause.

TexDefender

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2017
    So you lobbied to have a privilege (read right) but not for everyone to have that same privilege (read right)???

Now wait, I thought we were all on the same team, and that it was the legislators who were trying to divide "us"???
    What you think the law appeared out on thin air?

East2West

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 20, 2013
    Nomalley, Nobama

No, I get it, I just wanted to hear it from you that we aren't all on the same team and that LEOs have no interest in being treated like everyone else.
    I've been saying it for a while here and thought maybe I was wrong and looking at things from the wrong angle.
    Thank you for helping me out.

TexDefender

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2017
    No, I get it, I just wanted to hear it from you that we aren't all on the same team and that LEOs have no interest in being treated like everyone else.
    I've been saying it for a while here and thought maybe I was wrong and looking at things from the wrong angle.
    Thank you for helping me out.
    That what you are striving for isn't it? So you got what you wanted.

frozencesium

BBQ Czar
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 5, 2008
    Tampa, FL

Cop-out and you know it. LEOS like being special. The police lobby has no interest in constitutional carry and in many cases are against it due to the perceived threat of an armed citizenry. So yeah, they ain't going to lobby for "the rest of us".

TexDefender

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2017
    Cop-out and you know it. LEOS like being special. The police lobby has no interest in constitutional carry and in many cases are against it due to the perceived threat of an armed citizenry. So yeah, they ain't going to lobby for "the rest of us".
    What? You can't lobby? You can't join forces with police organizations? Seems that is the cop out!

East2West

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 20, 2013
    Nomalley, Nobama
    Well how are laws changed? And besides you don't like law enforcement, you made that clear.

There it is the ol "you hate cops" line. That's MDS version of calling people racist when they don't agree with you.
    I'm sorry that pointing out the preferential treatment that police receive in the eyes of the law, and the fact that they will be the ones enforcing immoral and unconstitutional laws makes you think I hate cops.

If I stop questioning things and just blindly support LEOs, will that make it better?

TexDefender

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2017
    Is that the key to getting special rights? Having a good lobbying group?
    Most laws are made, when a group of individuals ban together with other individuals and lobby for the law they want.

TexDefender

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2017
    There it is the ol "you hate cops" line. That's MDS version of calling people racist when they don't agree with you.
    I'm sorry that pointing out the preferential treatment that police receive in the eyes of the law, and the fact that they will be the ones enforcing immoral and unconstitutional laws makes you think I hate cops.

If I stop questioning things and just blindly support LEOs, will that make it better?
    Dude your as slick as an eel. But anyone can see through you. You take one extreme to another.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Noha

Latest threads

Top Bottom