• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

pjd832

Jul 26, 2012
    Let me restate what I posted three posts ago.

I don't like separate but unequal classifications of people.

It's reasonable to assume that long-serving LEOs have a greater perceived risk than I do.

We'd all like to have the same rights. However, I have no problem with retired cops bearing arms. It makes both them and me safer.

Rather than bitching that "he has it and I don't," it might be more useful to say "at least he has it; that's a step in the right direction."

That way we're all pulling for the same result, rather than getting snarky about someone else being better off.

"Divide and Conquer" works well as a policy for tyrants. Keep the opposition fighting each other so they can't get together to oppose tyranny. Does that sound at all familiar?

Was this directed at me?..... if so because I don’t announce my livelihood/history so I get my boots tongue polished by anonymous people online doesn't automatically mean im bitching about “he can and I can’t” as you infer...more accurately it’s I can and think everyone should be able to as well.

To some the words in the oath/s taken actually mean something, to others it’s just words they mumble through to get to the next step. If you truely believe leosa/retired leo carry is paving the way to equal rights for all that’s seriously flawed thinking.
    Have a great day!

billymx48

Jun 20, 2015
    I think every law abiding citizen shoud be able to carry period. So I believe this would be a step in the right direction. I mean for years we have had our 2a rights chipped away at maybe this would be a way to put the chips back on slowly and reverse the trend. Do I think it will pass.....probably not because its to much like a little bit of a win for the 2a community and now a days we can't have any kind of win. so I wish the representatives good luck and glad they are at least trying something pro 2a. :):):):):)

pjd832

Jul 26, 2012
    One of the main reasons Bush singed into law the LEOSA was to protect LEO's especially when off duty. Many times LEO's come into contact with people who want to do harm to them while off duty due to various reasons related to their position as an LEO.

I don't see think that potential threat simply goes away because the LEO retired. I mean does the retired Police Officer that he put some clown in jail years ago that now wants payback simply explain he is retired now and all is good? c'mon really???

No one is discounting that is a potential situation, however STATISTICALLY speaking, those incidents are fractions of a percent of overall violent attacks/murders across the country. I believe the concept is equal rights for all not outright deny constitutional rights to the majority, but “grant privileges” for certain groups.

pjd832

Jul 26, 2012
    I think every law abiding citizen shoud be able to carry period. So I believe this would be a step in the right direction. I mean for years we have had our 2a rights chipped away at maybe this would be a way to put the chips back on slowly and reverse the trend. Do I think it will pass.....probably not because its to much like a little bit of a win for the 2a community and now a days we can't have any kind of win. so I wish the representatives good luck and glad they are at least trying something pro 2a. :):):):):)
    Leosa has nothing to do with 2A

East2West

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 20, 2013
    Nomalley, Nobama
    One of the main reasons Bush singed into law the LEOSA was to protect LEO's especially when off duty. Many times LEO's come into contact with people who want to do harm to them while off duty due to various reasons related to their position as an LEO.

I don't see think that potential threat simply goes away because the LEO retired. I mean does the retired Police Officer that he put some clown in jail years ago that now wants payback simply explain he is retired now and all is good? c'mon really???

Many times? Is there data to back that up?

What about LEOs who don't live in the area they work? Do they still fall under these exemptions?

What about the victims of violent crimes? Is there a bill that allows them to carry despite their state's laws?

GlocksAndPatriots

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 29, 2016
    Let me restate what I posted three posts ago.

I don't like separate but unequal classifications of people.

It's reasonable to assume that long-serving LEOs have a greater perceived risk than I do.

We'd all like to have the same rights. However, I have no problem with retired cops bearing arms. It makes both them and me safer.

Rather than bitching that "he has it and I don't," it might be more useful to say "at least he has it; that's a step in the right direction."

That way we're all pulling for the same result, rather than getting snarky about someone else being better off.

"Divide and Conquer" works well as a policy for tyrants. Keep the opposition fighting each other so they can't get together to oppose tyranny. Does that sound at all familiar?

Except it's NOT a step in the right direction. All of these "steps" that are supposed to "pave the way" for universal carry never come to pass.

ktm rider

Feb 21, 2011
    Undisclosed and Secure
    Many times? Is there data to back that up?

What about LEOs who don't live in the area they work? Do they still fall under these exemptions?

What about the victims of violent crimes? Is there a bill that allows them to carry despite their state's laws?

Well, I work at a max security Federal Pen and I have been confronted twice by ex inmates while out in public that recognized me from work. One was civil and one not so much but no incident occurred. Before this law was passed we had no way of defending our selves. Being any type of LEO makes you more of a target out in society wether you think its true or not.

Here is a one example how many more would you like to see ?

https://www.bop.gov/about/history/hero_albarati.jsp

FrankOceanXray

Ultimate Member
    Oct 29, 2008
    It can be seen as a step in the right direction. Get this in and then use the fairness, all created equal to bring the protections afforded here to non LEO.

The institution you believe is oppressing you is really an imagination, sold and bought wholesale by you. You are not alone and that is what makes things work to an extent. It is against the law to speed, to cheat on your taxes, to drink underage, to not partake of unapproved, non-prescribed drugs and many more. How often are those occurring? And how often is it caught, even cared bout, let alone punished. Last I checked, illegal immigration was.. illegal. Is it really?

Rab1515

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 29, 2014
    Calvert
    It can be seen as a step in the right direction. Get this in and then use the fairness, all created equal to bring the protections afforded here to non LEO.

The institution you believe is oppressing you is really an imagination, sold and bought wholesale by you. You are not alone and that is what makes things work to an extent. It is against the law to speed, to cheat on your taxes, to drink underage, to not partake of unapproved, non-prescribed drugs and many more. How often are those occurring? And how often is it caught, even cared bout, let alone punished. Last I checked, illegal immigration was.. illegal. Is it really?

Except the equal protection doesn't seem to apply to the 2a because the courts won't enforce it.

CrazySanMan

2013'er
    Mar 4, 2013
    Colorful Colorado
    Why is it only active and retired police? My brother was a Baltimore City cop for 12 years, he quit the force under protest. He had multiple death threats and a few physical attacks from people he had previously put in jail who came looking for him. He was denied a MD CCW because there wasn't a specific credible threat and couldn't use the LEOSA laws to protect himself. That's one of the reasons he moved to Utah.

GUNSnROTORS

nude member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 7, 2013
    hic sunt dracones
    I’m hoping you are not taking offense to my post but I don’t see a sarcasm emoji so I guess I should explain myself officer? :sarcasm: I read the OP thinking the law might be trying to remove 2A rights from a group which would motivate another group to join the defense of citizens (as a whole) rights. I’m 100 % with what Bob is saying. If one were to take offense that quickly I just hope they are not carrying red flags, so I truly hope that was :sarcasm:
    Funny part is that when I sent that post I was feeding my sisters pig, so that post completely confused me, nice night out so I was taking my time. No offense meant towards LEOS at all.... hold on, there’s someone at my door oh and good post Bob

Can't speak for cstone, but his reply to your first post was probably in agreement.

He was quoting Animal Farm, where the pigs were literal pigs. Orwell used the pigs to represent the communist leaders during the Russian Revolution and into the Stalinist era.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    Can't speak for cstone, but his reply to your first post was probably in agreement.

He was quoting Animal Farm, where the pigs were literal pigs. Orwell used the pigs to represent the communist leaders during the Russian Revolution and into the Stalinist era.

Thanks, I’m not familiar with that one.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Why is it only active and retired police? My brother was a Baltimore City cop for 12 years, he quit the force under protest. He had multiple death threats and a few physical attacks from people he had previously put in jail who came looking for him. He was denied a MD CCW because there wasn't a specific credible threat and couldn't use the LEOSA laws to protect himself. That's one of the reasons he moved to Utah.

Your brother needs to reread HR218 or he is not telling you the entire truth.

East2West

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 20, 2013
    Nomalley, Nobama
    Well, I work at a max security Federal Pen and I have been confronted twice by ex inmates while out in public that recognized me from work. One was civil and one not so much but no incident occurred. Before this law was passed we had no way of defending our selves. Being any type of LEO makes you more of a target out in society wether you think its true or not.

More than 2 per 330,000,000

Who is victimized more, LEOs with situations like yours and the other one you provided, or witnesses/victims that sent these criminals through the system?

East2West

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 20, 2013
    Nomalley, Nobama

"Being any type of LEO makes you more if a a target out in society"
    That's a steep claim. You're stating as fact that off duty LEOs are crime victims at a higher rate than non-LEO citizens?
    Or stating that LEOs FEEL that they're at a greater risk to become a crime victim than non-LEO citizens?

Is the data on this actually compiled somewhere?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom