• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ThePhantomPatriot

Politically Incorrect
    I spoke with Sandy this morning, she called asking if I wanted or knew someone that would want Rogers reloading bench. If you want it speak up quick as it's going in the dump very soon.

She is moving into an Apt in Bel Air and she sold the house. She didn't need a house anymore nor the work that comes with one. The kids are finding new places to live as they should and Sandy will be much better off in a one bedroom Apt. I'll keep in touch with her and keep you all informed of hows she's doing.

I wound up taking his fire engine red work bench, it brought back memories since he taught me how to reload some Mosin rounds on that table. Roger built that bench himself and it is very sturdy and durable (he was a carpenter). He was very strict with reloading, if I over-poured my powder a few grains more than what the spec said he would make me dump it. He also showed me how to size up with the specs, micrometer, and press.

The family is doing well, I see them every now and then. I look forward to seeing them as well as TDT and 1776 at my wedding in Oct.

doglover

Oct 10, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    Dave and hung out with Roger twice, once at Elk Neck range and another at a gathering of friends at a restuarant. He was a nice man and a gentleman. Rest In Peace Roger until we meet again on heaven.

Glad to hear his wife and family are doing well. I wish them all the best in the future.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Thanks for the update.

I don't know why I'm still so torn up about Rogers passing, I spoke with the man only once, maybe twice on the phone, before spending a day with him at a fundraiser for Del Mike Smigiel. Roger sat next to me the entire time as we shared crabs and beer. He was looking to off load some 30.06, but I don't even own anything in that caliber. I remember him auctioning off an MDS coin for the cause, we agreed to it, as he previously offered it to me on the phone. Then months later one of you here kindly mailing me one for free. Thank you again, I can't look at it without thinking of Roger, he was a very stand up guy, someone I'm very glad I got the chance to meet and swap a few stories with. RIP friend.

smokedog

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2009
    Frederick Md
    I never met Roger and only dealt with him while purchasing a coin he seemed like one helluva guy . It was not long after that he passed and I still have the coin as shipped to me in the plastic and never took it out.
    It's good to hear his family is doing good.
    RIP Roger

tdt91

I will miss you my friend
    Apr 24, 2009
    Abingdon
    Just communicated with Rogers wife again. She bought a condo in Bel Air and is doing fine. I'm happy to here that.

tdt91

Apr 24, 2009
    Abingdon
    Roger was a patriot that was not affaid to speak or act. A gentle giant (to a small guy) and he would do anything for a friend. We spent quite a bit of time together in 2009 while both of us didn't have jobs. I miss his loud voice and sense of humor. I'm sure he was rolling over in his resting place when SB281 was passed and he was there with us in spirit when we were fighting the commies in Annapolis. Roger (Lambo) started the fight back in the 70s and fought them till his end, he will live forever in my memory.

U.S.SFC_RET

Ultimate Member
    Dec 8, 2005
    In 2006 I had the 25 Infantry Division patch up on my signature and Roger contacts me. Lets me know that his brother was killed in Vietnam. The longer we talked the more that it seemed to me that he never got over his brother's death, I will never understand why. We hooked up for a CMP shoot once or twice. I gave him all the Army BDUs because I retired from the military the year prior. Went over his house a time or two and met his family. I knew Roger had been facing tough economic times but his passing on was still a shock to me.

REST IN PEACE

tdt91

Apr 24, 2009
    Abingdon
    I can't believe it's been four years already since we lost our friend and patriot.
    RIP Roger!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom