• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Drmsparks

Old School Rifleman
    Jun 26, 2007
    PG county
    I spent the day today at the range. High power clinic with Roger's rifle in the morning, coaching an m1 for vets recipient in the afternoon. Ended the day with the vet shooting Rogers rifle as a break from the garand recoil.

I think he'd call that the perfect day.

tdt91

I will miss you my friend
    Apr 24, 2009
    Abingdon
    I was there with JeepDriver from 10am till 12.15 ....You should have called me dumbass. :innocent0

We planned this on Tuesday night. We met at my house at 1600. I figured it would be a little late for you to go up there. Sorry.
    At dinner we found out that you had already been up there.

Besides, your phone works outbound as well. :rolleyes:

tdt91

Apr 24, 2009
    Abingdon
    Maybe we can make this an annual event and it can grow into something substantial. Last night, TDT91 won the 2011 Roger "Lambo" Lambie Memorial Maryland Shooter competition. Each participant got one shot at 100 yards to hit a quarter with some of Roger's old ammo. Closest shot won. Tom won a Blackwater General Purpose Molle Swat Team carry bag and a free slice of pizza. Congrats TDT91!!

Don't forget the few fench fries. :lol2:

tdt91

Apr 24, 2009
    Abingdon
    I spent the day today at the range. High power clinic with Roger's rifle in the morning, coaching an m1 for vets recipient in the afternoon. Ended the day with the vet shooting Rogers rifle as a break from the garand recoil.

I think he'd call that the perfect day.

:thumbsup::thumbsup: Good going Dave

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    I can't help but get choked up about this. My first time really meeting him was one of the last times any of us spoke with him. I keep replaying the bits of conversation I can remember, trying to gather any hint of what he might have been thinking, if there was anything I could have said or done, that might have helped him in any way.

Before we spent the day together, he said off handedly (in that gruff voice of his), I'll throw a few cases of ammo on the truck, in case anyone is interested. He also offered me a coin, I politely declined, and he auctioned off to help publicize MDShooters. I agreed with him. Never told him I was a coin collector, never bought his ammo. Several things I regret, so wish I could go back in time.

If any of you are willing to sell me some of his ammo, or maybe an extra coin he's touched, I would be most honored.

Last edited:

tdt91

Apr 24, 2009
    Abingdon
    I can't help but get choked up about this. My first time really meeting him was one of the last times any of us spoke with him. I keep replying the bits of conversation I can remember, trying to gather any hint of what he might have been thinking, if there was anything I could have said or done, that might have helped him in any way.

Before we spent the day together, he said off handedly (in that gruff voice of his), I'll throw a few cases of ammo on the truck, in case anyone is interested. He also offered me a coin, I politely declined, and he auctioned off to help publicize MDShooters. I agreed with him. Never told him I was a coin collector, never bought his ammo. Several things I regret, so wish I could go back in time.

If any of you are willing to sell me some of his ammo, or maybe an extra coin he's touched, I would be most honored.

If you want some of Rogers ammo the only stuff that is left is some shotgun hunting ammo thats listed in the classifieds. Everything else has been sold. Any of his reloads we shot yesterday and I would not feel comfortable selling reloads anyway. Let me know if you have interest in the shotgun ammo.

WOOPS, correction, the shotgun ammo is not listed anymore and I don't even see it in my profile. umm.

Here's what I have to sell. Make offer.

Fed steel shot #1 12 ga. 2-3/4 mag for duck and geese hunting 1 box

Fed Prem copper plated #2 shot 3'' mag. this was once premium waterfowl ammo until the lead shot ban. 2 boxs

Same as above but #4 shot. 1 box + 12 rounds. this type of ammo is used for turkeys now. Very expensive stuff, look it up online

Tom

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Thanks for the offer, would be pretty cool shooting a couple of his rounds in celebration at the right time and event. If you still have any when we next meet, would like an opportunity.

Special thanks to another of you for offering to send me one of Lambies coins. I'll cherish, and bring it with me to every future MDShooter meetup/event I attend. In the spirit of Lambo, it will help me spread the good word.

Best!

Last edited:

august1410

Marcas Registradas
    Apr 10, 2009
    New Bern, NC
    I have the little card from the funeral home tucked into the frame of one of my favorite shooting related pictures.

Rest in Peace, Roger.

tdt91

Apr 24, 2009
    Abingdon
    It's been two years now and I still think about my friend all the time.

Rest in peace Roger.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    Wish we'd remember him on his birthday, or the anniversary of one of his more colorful public displays for our 2A rights instead an anniversary for the day he bowed out. He was a character, and a good friend to our 2A.

Ruzo

Ultimate Member
    Mar 12, 2011
    Phoenix, MD.
    I never met Lambo. But by the way DD spoke of him. I'm sure he will be greatly missed. God Bless, and Rest In Peace Lambo. I am also posting again, as a Salute and a moment of silence to a Brother In Arms.....

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    It's been two years now and I still think about my friend all the time.

Rest in peace Roger.

I never met Roger, just exchanged PMs when I bought some of his challenge coins.

How would he have reacted to the SAF suit and the stay being lifted? I bet he would have been bouncing off the walls in joy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom