• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tdt91

I will miss you my friend
    Apr 24, 2009
    Abingdon
    I never met Roger, just exchanged PMs when I bought some of his challenge coins.

How would he have reacted to the SAF suit and the stay being lifted? I bet he would have been bouncing off the walls in joy.

Roger would have been happy but still in some doubt as I am. Optimistically cautious. I think he would believe the same thing I do, that it will go all the way to the supreme court. I think the 4th will put a stay on it and then eventully find in our favor but the state will appeal it to the top. Even if/when the state looses they will put severe obsticles in our path to freedom as they always do. Below we have 1776, Ron also knew Roger well and I feel confident he would agree.

RIP Lambo.

Good to see ya post Ron, I was thinking about you today. I made a late decision to go up to SLCFSA and throw some lead down range. I took Tzoid along as he has schedules like myself. I celebrated Roger by shooting my M1 Garand. The Garand was Rogers favorite rifle. I tried out the new 300 yard range with it and did quite well I think. I also shot a 91/30 and then the non issused M44 Polish I purchased from Rogers collection. Every time I pull the trigger it gives me a great smile and I think Roger approves and smiles with me.

d223

Oct 9, 2008
    Abingdon, MD
    Hell of a nice guy. Rest in peace.

I don't usually respond to older threads but I just today learned of Lambo's passing.

He had been a regular at our monthly casual Military Matches at the Balt. County Game & Fish Protective Assoc.

Since I hadn't seen him in quite a while, and I didn't get any responses from emails to him, I Googled his name today and was shocked and saddened when I found this thread.

Roger started attending our matches maybe 6 years ago, apparently coming all the way from PA. He would usually show up early to help setup, and helped with the scoring and cleanup as well.

He even called me one day saying he had a truck-load of political signs for us to use as target backers, and I hurried down to the club so he could drop them off.

Every month he would show up with a different rifle to shoot, without any sight zeroes. I would spend a whole relay behind him with a spotting scope helping him sight in the gun, and then would let him shoot the next relay for score. I would always kid him about not having any rifles that were sighted-in. But we were all there just for fun, and Roger would always have fun.

I remember the one day he showed up with another rifle, and he was kidding me that he wouldn't need my help that day since he sighted it in earlier that week. I told him I'll believe it when I see it, and he actually did pretty well. I really did enjoy helping him, though.

After the matches he would join us for lunch in the bar, and he was always a pleasure to talk to. He really seemed to be on top of the political situations, and really new his stuff.

The volume of this thread shows just how much this guy was liked and respected.

Roger has been missed and will be missed, and I am very sorry that I had not learned of his passing at the time so I could have paid my respects properly.

Attachments

• 20090712_002 (Small).JPG
      20090712_002 (Small).JPG
      26.9 KB · Views: 601

fivepointstar

Thank you MD-Goodbye
    Apr 28, 2008
    3rd Rock from the Sun
    I don't usually respond to older threads but I just today learned of Lambo's passing.

He had been a regular at our monthly casual Military Matches at the Balt. County Game & Fish Protective Assoc.

Since I hadn't seen him in quite a while, and I didn't get any responses from emails to him, I Googled his name today and was shocked and saddened when I found this thread.

Roger started attending our matches maybe 6 years ago, apparently coming all the way from PA. He would usually show up early to help setup, and helped with the scoring and cleanup as well.

He even called me one day saying he had a truck-load of political signs for us to use as target backers, and I hurried down to the club so he could drop them off.

Every month he would show up with a different rifle to shoot, without any sight zeroes. I would spend a whole relay behind him with a spotting scope helping him sight in the gun, and then would let him shoot the next relay for score. I would always kid him about not having any rifles that were sighted-in. But we were all there just for fun, and Roger would always have fun.

I remember the one day he showed up with another rifle, and he was kidding me that he wouldn't need my help that day since he sighted it in earlier that week. I told him I'll believe it when I see it, and he actually did pretty well. I really did enjoy helping him, though.

After the matches he would join us for lunch in the bar, and he was always a pleasure to talk to. He really seemed to be on top of the political situations, and really new his stuff.

The volume of this thread shows just how much this guy was liked and respected.

Roger has been missed and will be missed, and I am very sorry that I had not learned of his passing at the time so I could have paid my respects properly.

thanks for the Bump!!

we should all take a moment to remember Lambo

Drmsparks

Old School Rifleman
    Jun 26, 2007
    PG county
    Just to let you know, we purchased and donated Rogers Garand to M1 for Vets shortly after he passed. Somewhere out there his rifle is still on the line bringing a smile to the face of a Vet.

tdt91

Apr 24, 2009
    Abingdon
    Rogers wife Sandy entrusted me to the sale of his belongings. If I remember correctly pretty much all of his gear and guns was sold to members of MDS as this is the only place I advertised. May he rest in peace.

Thanks for your story about Lambo. He always tried getting me to go to Balt co. for the shoots but it never worked out for me. We shot at SLCFSA plenty though in matches and non matches. I do miss his loud bolsterous voice and his stories.

d223

Oct 9, 2008
    Abingdon, MD
    SLCFSA

Roger was always inviting me and others up to SLCFSA. I'm a member of 3 ranges and haven't been to 2 of them in years, so I could never get the time to go. But others I know took him up on his offer and really enjoyed themselves. I now with that I had.

Since nobody at Balt. County G&F was aware that he had passed, I'll let them know at the next match on 10/14.

We are having a CMP M1 Clinic on 10/20, so I think we will have a 21-Gun salute for him then.

Attachments

• BCGF Logo 150x150.gif
      BCGF Logo 150x150.gif
      5.9 KB · Views: 475

tdt91

Apr 24, 2009
    Abingdon
    I spoke with Sandy this morning, she called asking if I wanted or knew someone that would want Rogers reloading bench. If you want it speak up quick as it's going in the dump very soon.

She is moving into an Apt in Bel Air and she sold the house. She didn't need a house anymore nor the work that comes with one. The kids are finding new places to live as they should and Sandy will be much better off in a one bedroom Apt. I'll keep in touch with her and keep you all informed of hows she's doing.

PCO31

Glockstar
    Mar 3, 2011
    I was honored to have met his wife Sandy regarding the purchase of his Ruger KP89 in spring 2011. Sweet woman, so sad to see what she has been thru. Thanks for everything you have done for them and being a great comrade.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom