• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ADR

Ultimate Member
    Aug 17, 2011
    Alright, I'm pulling my hair out here and I need some suggestions.

1.The wife has found that she enjoys shooting. :thumbsup:

2.The wife has decided to get a VA carry permit. :thumbsup:

3.The wife shoots my semi auto's well IMO. :thumbsup:

4.The wife wants a small, light, snub nose revolver. :thumbsup: (Fine by me if she's more comfortable with that.)

5.The wife HATED shooting an LCR w/.38 Specials. (I can see that, I like it but it can be a little snappy for someone with smaller hands.)

6. The wife wants something that doesn't have "so much recoil/snap" (See #4 :sad20:)

7. The wife likes the S&W 351's in .22 WMR. (I can live with that, it would be a fun little gun for "her" to shoot. :innocent0)

8. I can buy 2 guns for the price of what the 351's are going for when you can find them. :tdown:

Personally, although no expert opinion, I think her biggest problem with that LCR is the short grip which allows the gun to rock back against the hand because she doesn't have enough leverage when she holds it. My thought is that she would be fine with a .38 that has the right grip/grip length for her.

Any thoughts??

ADR

Ultimate Member
    Aug 17, 2011
    S&W use to make the "Lady Smith" its ladies version of the Model 37 IIRC. I think you'll like it.

Oh 100%, the Lady Smith is bad ass. I used to bust on this guy years ago who carried his wife's "Lady Smith" and then I shot it and thought it was one of the nicest revolvers I had ever handled.

ADR

Ultimate Member
    Aug 17, 2011
    Like me, she enjoys watching the old Dragnet reruns, maybe I should find her a vintage model 10 snub nose. :D

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    I had a Taurus 689 Stainless back in the early 90's and sold it. (Never had any problems with it.)

I was looking at that Taurus but pushed myself for the Smith, the Taurus was about half the price of the Smith, but the Smith weighed a lot less.

ADR

Ultimate Member
    Aug 17, 2011
    I was looking at that Taurus but pushed myself for the Smith, the Taurus was about half the price of the Smith, but the Smith weighed a lot less.

I guarantee you'll get more for the Smith if you ever sell it.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Is she absolutely dead-set on a snubby wheel-gun?

Might have better luck with the semi's if the wheel-gun isn't a set in stone requirement.

ADR

Ultimate Member
    Aug 17, 2011
    Is she absolutely dead-set on a snubby wheel-gun?

Might have better luck with the semi's if the wheel-gun isn't a set in stone requirement.

Unfortunately (as far as choices go) yes, she's set on a revolver. She's competent but in her head not confident with a semi-auto. If god forbid she ever has to use it, she wants it as simple as possible.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Unfortunately (as far as choices go) yes, she's set on a revolver. She's competent but in her head not confident with a semi-auto. If god forbid she ever has to use it, she wants it as simple as possible.

Ahh, then I'm of little help - not a big wheel-gunner... :o

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    How about a 6-shot .327 Magnum? Do they still exist?

I don't know why so many people sneered at them: it sounded like a really good option to me.

ADR

Ultimate Member
    Aug 17, 2011
    How about a 6-shot .327 Magnum? Do they still exist?

I don't know why so many people sneered at them: it sounded like a really good option to me.

I thought about that because of the ability to shoot other rounds like the .32 H&R but there aren't many gun options (if any that you can actually find) and the ammo is pretty expensive from what I've seen.

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    How about a Ruger SP101? Heavy enough to soak up the recoil and comes in a snubby.

Also, Ruger Revolvers will last a lifetime.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom