Keep Going Back and Forth Between Glock or M&P...

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jessestone

Jan 18, 2011
    I dont get that either. If I had to call a Glock or M&P anything it would be Single Action because it has to be cocked to fire, ir wont go into double action once fired without the slide resetting the striker.

Just telling you what the rep for Glock stated! If you think about it, its actually a 1.5 action....LOL

wlc

Ultimate Member
    Nov 13, 2006
    I have both, and I lean towards the Glock but they are both great guns.
    I like that Glock is just trying to be a tool with out any concern for looks

Patrick

MSI Executive Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Calvert County
    This is what I've heard too. But if they're called on it by some buyer who actually knows what double-action means, I want to hear their explanation.

Yeah. That pretty much screams for a protest should anyone buy based on arguably faulty claims. Double Action is common nomenclature, and it's probably defined specifically in a bid package. Claiming that the "Safe Action" trigger system is double-action seems double speak that would call for a double take.

I'd protest an award to Glock if it required a double-action firearm. And I'd probably prevail.

Kevmo

N00b
    Feb 20, 2009
    Severn
    My Glock 32 in 357 SIG is my standard CCW gun.. That says a lot, considering that I have many to choose from.

The only mod it required was the addition of Tritium sights. This is a pistol that does not know the meaning of " malfunction"

I think Brad shot this gun sometime ago...Besides, If you are like me and cant keep anything stock ( range toys) , you cant go wrong with a Glock. Most add ons are cheap and can be done at home with simple tools.

wow that says alot really... coming from you.

i train with glocks for work... i just... i dunno....

i feel like leaning towards the G32 Gen 3.... just for the fact that there is SO much out there.... i actually enjoy the stock trigger... SCAR, what have you done to yours?

and the stock 9mm barrel for it is only like 120... so practice wouldn't cost too much..... huge majority of the ppl who do this says it works flawlessly... obviously, i wouldn't leave it in there for carry...

Kevmo

N00b
    Feb 20, 2009
    Severn
    ok... i got the G32 Gen3 group buy deal from Thunderstick Ent....

price was too good to pass up for out the door price.... ever better than a blue label one....

now... MODs ppl!!!! suggestions?... first things first... buying the G19 barrel...

lone wolf?... stock G19 barrel?... or others?

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD

price was too good to pass up for out the door price.... ever better than a blue label one....

now... MODs ppl!!!! suggestions?... first things first... buying the G19 barrel...

Breach face on a .40/.357 SIG is too small for positive extraction of the smaller 9mm casing/rim. It will not be Glock Reliable setup this way.

Aftermarket Caliber Conversion Barrels is not fit properly and can damage the Extractor (Which is generally inexpensive), Locking Block (Which is also generally inexpensive), or the Slide (Which is EXPENSIVE). The Damage will effect reliability when you go back to your .357 Factory Barrel.

Even if an Experienced Smith fits the Aftermarket Conversion Barrel to eliminate the possibility of ill fitting/damage, it still wont have positive extraction.

The best way to go about this is to get a Factory or Aftermarket Glock Slide, and a Factory 9mm Barrel and just swap upper assemblies.

If you dont want to listen or pay to do it right then just get a .40 Factory Barrel and forget 9mm for this application.

Just my advice after seeing people ruin their Glocks trying to do a caliber changeover without being informed.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Id get a Sig 226 in .357 (keep in mind this is a dying caliber, so any purchase should have a plan to convert the gun to something more common) and .40 which can be interchanged with a barrel swap using the same mags. If you shop wisely you can get .40 for around the same price as decent 9mm.

While sig quality has been hit or miss, the factory barrels will fit. I love mine (which also is set up for .22, so three calibers, two slides, two sets of mags, for under about $1,000 all in)

HT4

Dum spiro spero.
    Jan 24, 2012
    Bethesda
    They call the M&P double action because the trigger pull actually retracts the striker 2% (if my memory is correct) of the total travel before releasing it. Thus, it is not strictly single action. I guess it might be more apt to call it a 1.02 action. That's one of the reasons that the M&Ps trigger pull weight can be so dramatically altered by a sear swap (without touching springs)... Retracting the striker is the lions share of the trigger effort and the sear can be altered such that it releases with very little backwards motion of the striker.

As to the OP's question... I much prefer the m&p to the point that I have sold almost all of my glocks (kept one with some sentimental value). But that was a matter of preference. I never could get used to the grip angle no matter how much I shot them. I now have 4 m&p pistols and I can shoot much faster with them than I ever could with my glocks... Bottom line: go shoot both and see what works.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    To add to HT4's statement -

I found out the other night that I have 3.5# trigger in my M&P .45 just from a sear swap and a trigger - no spring mod, no polishing - just 2 drop-in parts. For less than $120 total.

Yeah, I'll stick with my M&P. ;)

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location

The only thing it needs? Meprolights

( and extra mags, more ammo and a nice crossbreed IWB holster)

Try not to smile too much when you first fire it.

Kevmo

N00b
    Feb 20, 2009
    Severn
    i'm used to shooting glocks... i carry glocks at work... i've shot both...

i just couldn't make up my mind which i liked better... but bit the bullet n just went with something i'm familiar with.

though i'd like a 3.5 lbs connector....

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    Just for an experiment.. I installed a Zev tech trigger ,connector, striker and springs.

It made the trigger almost as good as a Kimber 1911. Accuracy and groups improved drastically. Nice for target shooting, but a bit too light for CCW.

Since it is my carry gun.. It gets will retain the standard trigger ( 5.5lbs).

I have a range toy Glock with a 2lb trigger. That is just too easy to shoot well. it is like cheating.
    But it can be unreliable due to the lighter striker spring ( per the internetz). personally, I have not experienced any FTF issues.

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    My Glock 32, 3.5 OEM connector, Trijicon sights

Just the way you like it.

Attachments

• glock32c.jpg
      glock32c.jpg
      95.6 KB · Views: 137

rml33

May 14, 2011
    Edgewater
    It is preference. It's like asking bud light vs Coors light. Most people will like one or the other. My duty weapon it an m&p. My off duty is a glock. Mostly because of the longer history of reliability of glock and cheapness of aftermarket accessories. The m&p will be there someday. They worked out most of the bugs by now my brother likes the xd better than glock or m&p now.

Flipz

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2010
    You cant go wrong with either the Glock or M&P. But imo, the Glock wins due to a much better trigger reset. Both are great guns though.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    It is preference. It's like asking bud light vs Coors light. Most people will like one or the other. My duty weapon it an m&p. My off duty is a glock. Mostly because of the longer history of reliability of glock and cheapness of aftermarket accessories. The m&p will be there someday. They worked out most of the bugs by now my brother likes the xd better than glock or m&p now.

bad analogy cuz both beers suck. The Glock and the M & P don't.

:lol2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom