Keep Going Back and Forth Between Glock or M&P...

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sailskidrive

Legalize the Constitution
    Oct 16, 2011
    Route 27
    Glock is the original and the one that all others copied...in one way or another.

The "original" what???

It's certainly not the first polymer framed gun, nor is it the first striker fired.

The ATF actually considers the M&P a double action pistol.

jessestone

Jan 18, 2011
    Glock is the original and the one that all others copied...in one way or another.

Wrong!!!!! for that statement to work it would be "HK VP70 is the original and the one that all others copied...in one way or another."

The VP70 is the original polymer pistol.

realjoecool

MDS Supporter
    Aug 6, 2012
    Shoot them both and see which you like better. There are ranges where you can "rent" the gun. If it was me, the question is which to buy first... I would get the glock and after a couple months get the M&P. You can never have enough.

jessestone

Jan 18, 2011
    The "original" what???

It's certainly not the first polymer framed gun, nor is it the first striker fired.

The ATF actually considers the M&P a double action pistol.

Glock is now teaching that it is a double action pistol. This was stated approimately three weeks ago in my Glock Armorers school.

Rabu Rabu

Operatoroperatoroperator
    Sep 10, 2012
    Cambridge, MD
    M&P's get my vote, however, I do like both, and the M&P's might not have the track record of Glock, but nothing really does, you'd end up with slim to none handguns if you held them all up in that light.

M&P's are much more ergonomic for me, plus they've got an incredibly high bore-axis which to me, gives the feeling of less recoil.

Downside on the large M&P's is that they've got really gritty triggers, the M&P shield on the other hand is fantastic so I'm told.

But if you really want to go M&P Cadillac and don't mind Flat Dark Earth or 9mm, Grab the M&P9 VTAC, comes with an Improved trigger (I think, don't quote me on that), and fiber optic sights already installed.

Patrick

MSI Executive Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Calvert County
    We got a few Glocks and like them. I will break from the pack and say we like the Gen 4s, at least in the subcompact frames (.40 and 9mm). I shoot better with the G27 (.40 subcompact) Gen 4 than I do with the G23 Gen 2. It's absolutely odd, but I think it's the recoil springs. They don't snap as much. Maybe I just need new springs for that 10+ year old G23?

I've shot M&P and like them quite a bit. The Glock feels better to me, but I think that's because I have shot them for over ten years, long before the M&P ever touched my hands. My wife also likes the Glocks, and the Gen 4 fits her hand a little bit better. She said it shoots like a laser beam to her.

Frankly you cannot go wrong with either of them. They both rock in reliability and function. Both shoot better than you (I presume) and both are backed by great companies. I'd get whatever one is available at a good price and then save for the other.

FWIW, we're getting an M&P as one of our next guns.

Numidian

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 25, 2007
    Shrewsbury, PA
    How can you call a Glock a double action? If you pull the trigger twice, the firing pin won't hit the primer twice like a real double action gun.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    How can you call a Glock a double action? If you pull the trigger twice, the firing pin won't hit the primer twice like a real double action gun.

I dont get that either. If I had to call a Glock or M&P anything it would be Single Action because it has to be cocked to fire, ir wont go into double action once fired without the slide resetting the striker.

ridethemessiah

Ultimate Member
    Aug 27, 2012
    Cecil County
    yeah the pull of the trigger can only release the striker on a glock, not cock and release. i would think it's single action. but whatever.

i can only speak for the glock, as i happen to own a gen 4 g32, 357 sig just like the op wants. It runs. I mean the damn gun just runs. It eats any ammo you want it to. It consistantly shoots straight even after dumping a hundred rounds through it in a brief period of time. I love the stock sights, set your target on top of the sight plane and it's dead on. Never had FTF, FTE.it just never fails. casings get tossed out at about 4 or 5 o'clock. Gen 4 grips feel really comfortable and stable in your hands. Recoil is well managed and target re-acquisition is as good as i'll ever need. The glock trigger doesn't have the smoothest break. but i mean come on, it's no hot rod 1911. Very good gun in my opinion. great carry gun as well, when winter rolls around i'll have it in a OWB desantis speed scabbard.

cannot give an m&p review cuz i've not shot one, but i hope my glock review helps a little.

Patrick

MSI Executive Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Calvert County
    The only reason I can think of Glock wanting to call their guns double action is to qualify for a number of law enforcement acquisition contracts that require double action guns. I am not an industry expert, but do know a thing or two about how gubbermint buys stuff. Dig deep and I think that will be your answer.

jaredm1

Ultimate Member
    Nov 22, 2008
    Shrewsbury
    The only reason I can think of Glock wanting to call their guns double action is to qualify for a number of law enforcement acquisition contracts that require double action guns. I am not an industry expert, but do know a thing or two about how gubbermint buys stuff. Dig deep and I think that will be your answer.

This is what I've heard too. But if they're called on it by some buyer who actually knows what double-action means, I want to hear their explanation.

FFMike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 4, 2010
    Howard County
    I have A Glock 19 Gen 3, Glock 23 Gen 3 and M&P9C..... Got the 19 first then the 23 then the M&P9C.

I like the Glocks, especially the 19 until I had about 500 rounds thru my M&P... The M&P just seemed more accurrate to me then the Glocks. Maybe the Match Grade Barrel?

It is not that accurrate however that I would not consider the Glock out. That said all three are stock except for the sights on the G23 (trijicon) and the sights on the M&P (Ameriglo).

The M&P did have a gritty trigger until about round count 1000 or so. It is smooth as silk now.

That said with over 7000 rou nds fired thru the Glocks, and over 5000 thru the M&P I can say all 3 are reliable, eat any ammo I feed it and would never let me down.

It is a matter of choice for you. Buy both! Then it will not be a matter of what is better but what you prefer to carry!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom