Keep Going Back and Forth Between Glock or M&P...

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kevmo

N00b
    Feb 20, 2009
    Severn
    i can't make up my mind...

i was going to purchase either one in 357sig

and then get a stock 9mm barrel for both for target practice/range....

AHHHHHHHH help me make up my mind!:thumbsup:

A1Uni

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2012
    Glock is the original and the one that all others copied...in one way or another.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    I have 3 MP's and 1 Glock.

The Glock doesnt work as it should yet.

The compacts are great for concealment.

I've tried to like Glocks...sadly I started with Gen 4 G19 which likes to eject brass in my face.

NateIU10

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2009
    Southport, CT
    Have you shot both? I love my Glocks, but the M&Ps I've shot have been nice too. so in short, I have no idea what I'd do if I were you. I'm already heavily invested in glock accessories, so it would be easier for me.

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    To offer a counterpoint, I do prefer the Gen 4, but all my love is for that adjustable backstrap.

In the Glock vs M&P debate, there's really no wrong answer.

It's more the texture for me, I've got a couple of the gen 3's. I guess I'm like the old dog that can't be taught new tricks.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    don't think you'd go wrong with either. check out aftermarket stuff (trigger work, holsters, sights, mags, etc) and see if there is plenty of stuff out there and the cost of it. there definitely is for glocks, not sure about M&P.

i have g31c which is great. just sold a g33 because it was just too small, and bought a g32 gen4 that i haven't shot yet. i have a bunch of other glocks, no complaints at all.

personally i'm not a fan of switching calibers around. just seems to open the door to getting something wrong, as minor as packing for a day of 9mm but leaving the 9mm barrel at home, and possibly worse. i like having something in the safe that is ready to go, not something i have to monkey around with, and as relatively inexpensive as glocks are, my choice is just to buy pretty much one in everything. lots of folks seem to do the mix-n-match though so it's just my opinion.

personally i like the gen 4 with the textured grips way better than the gen 3's. not enough to sell my gen 3's to partially fund similar gen 4's, but my two newest ones are both gen 4's. somehow i got to B class in uspsa with my gen 3 g34, so it's not like it slides out of my hands or anything, but still the gen 4's are grippier.

04RWon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2010
    Orlando, FL
    Ive got 2 sigs....but yet i still shoot my glock the best. Theres no denying a glocks ability and how it exceeds. What ever feels best in your hand. But if they both feel good, i believe the glocks record speaks for itself.

Nemesis

Russian Grizzly Adams
    Oct 3, 2009
    Martinsburg, WV
    I dont think you could go wrong with either...brad has a mp with a apex trigger, damn that thing is nice. However i just got a fulcrum for my g4 27 and its just as good. The thing i like about the glocks over the mp is the aftermarket barrels. I dont see thr problem with changing calibers...its just a barrel and mag, takes about 10 seconds to switch from 40 to 9 or357 sig...and not only can i get conversion barrels but i can get extended, ported or threaded conversion barrels. I wouldnt get either though unless it was a subcompact, you can make them as big as you want while still being able to strip it down to a nice small package.

hvymax

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 19, 2010
    Dentsville District 28
    357 Sig is a 40 necked down to 9mm so the slides would be the same. A 9mm conversion barrel would require the bore to be offset. Of course the Glock grip angle is incompatible with anything but a Ruger Mk 1 or 2. You could get an EAA Witness with slides ( standard.compact,extended,compensated) in everything from 22,9mm,357Sig,40S&W,10mm,400Cor Bon and 45acp all with a normal grip angle.

SmokingGun

Ultimate Member
    Jun 22, 2009
    Absurdistan
    Gen 2 Glock :party29:

The grips (ridges between the fingers) on the Gen 3 & 4 just don't feel right to me.

The M&P feels good to me, but I have no reason to switch platforms.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Started with Glocks, shoot them well - just not my cup of tea. I give them credit where credit is due though.

M&P - fits me perfectly, shoot it slightly better, and mine's a .45 - so...
    The Apex sear and AEK Trigger turned it into a whole diff't animal though.

And yes, there are aftermarket barrels for the M&P as well, I'm looking at an extended threaded barrel for mine as we speak. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom