Just made the cutoff, head exploding from info dumps =)

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kadath

Sep 30, 2013
    I moved to MD a year or so back and hadn't been paying much attention to the law changes. I've shot shotgun for 30 years and had only minor intention of owning a handgun or rifle until I started hearing the publicity over 281 a few weeks back. After reading over the restrictions I knew it was time to go and finally get one of each, but sadly:

A. Didn't have much info on what exactly I wanted
    B. Knew it was going to be tough to beat the deadline if any shops even still had stock.

Friday night I took the online safety thing, saturday morning I printed it out and headed to Freestate in White Marsh. I was there for about 4 hours straight trying out their rental Nine, .40 and a .223 rifle. By the time I had shot a few boxes of each, learned how to handle the guns safely, I had time to check just one more store, who had no sales, and run back and paid for a Sig 9mm and a DPMS TAC2.

I'm normally the kind of person who researches the hell out of things and makes up my mind what I really want and what I am willing to spend, but those options were out the window. I made the best calls I could with the info I had and it seems like I will be living with those purchases for the duration =)

I do want to say thanks to this board tho, I've been stuffing my head learning the lingo, the acronyms, the laws regarding my purchases and how 281 will affect us all. It's a LOT to take in. I'm getting there tho!

Sam

Kadath

Sep 30, 2013
    So I beat the deadline but I have to wait a few weeks to pick up. I can deal with that. In the meantime I need to find the best deal I can on ammo, get some accessories and keep learning.

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    Welcome aboard Sam!

You can never go wrong with a Sig. :thumbsup:

If you end up picking up the Sig with an HQL, I'll keep goodt houghts that nothing ever goes wrong with that.

The Depot thread often has good deals on ammo, but they sell out pretty quickly, usually.

Kadath

Sep 30, 2013
    Well from what I am told I made the cutoff. Will see how it goes. Lots of conflicting information out there. If it gets turned upside down I'm not sure whether I'd have to refuse accepting it or what.

I've not been to the depot forum yet, will keep an eye out there.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA

Attachments

• MSI welcome msg.jpg
      MSI welcome msg.jpg
      38.3 KB · Views: 210

Kadath

Sep 30, 2013
    They were actually running the Utah class while I was at Freestate range, I had no idea what it was all about. Had to google it just now, now I understand. I don't think I need that at the moment but will look into it down the road.

I am following MSI on facebook and twitter. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom