• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Defense Rifle

Jul 1, 2016
    NC
    OP I know you mentioned not leaving MD because of your job. Is it not possible for you to stay with your company and work in a out of state office? Or look for a similar job elsewhere? Just food for thought. I left Maryland and can now conceal carry, and let me tell you it's a good reassuring feeling.

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    Thank you ! I do have some proof. A video which the website would not let me upload. My friend is a witness to some of it but I believe she prefers to stay out of it. Which I can’t blame her.
    Where can I find a good lawyer to speak with? I’ve been looking but I’m so new to this I wasn’t sure where to even start.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone have Ed's contact info handy?

Jlynne2

Apr 13, 2020
    Maryland
    Just to give you all an update.

I have received an email from Msp saying my application has been assigned to an investigator. Who is apparently a woman. So process has begun.

Feeling nervous.

Jlynne2

Apr 13, 2020
    Maryland
    Self defense is not a G&S reason unless you can prove your life is in eminent danger. Please keep us informed of your progress. It would be interesting if they grant you a permit.

He had a felony charge and two misdemeanors from me. And 3 previous cases. I’m not sure which way this will go.
    I will update you all.

Jlynne2

Apr 13, 2020
    Maryland
    Any convictions ?

No. Because he has a “prestigious job” within the community. He has been let off of all charges, mine and previous ones with other women. Let’s say my time spent dealing with the local police did not go well, as they seemed to take his side even after he fled the scene.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Just to give you all an update.

I have received an email from Msp saying my application has been assigned to an investigator. Who is apparently a woman. So process has begun.

Feeling nervous.

To my knowledge there are two women currently working as investigators. Wright in the Waterloo Barracks just does her job and is very professional. I forget the female trooper's name working out of the Westminster Barracks but she is a real ball buster and creates hurdles for applicants that are not either in statute or even the MSP SOP.

Hopefully you were assigned to the former.

Jlynne2

Apr 13, 2020
    Maryland
    To my knowledge there are two women currently working as investigators. Wright in the Waterloo Barracks just does her job and is very professional. I forget the female trooper's name working out of the Westminster Barracks but she is a real ball buster and creates hurdles for applicants that are not either in statute or even the MSP SOP.

Lovely. I seem to have not the best luck. so we shall see.
    Thanks for the heads up.

GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!
    I helped a neighbor get her permit for same type of reason. Ex BF was in jail for a year for violating domestic order. She applied when he got out.

Interview was around 30 days, unrestricted permit, was in her hand within 45 days. She got her HQL free with the Handgun Permit..

I wonder, would the state actually be nice and hold the permit for a bit to make it good for almost 3 years, rather than just a little more than 2 years.

Jlynne2

Apr 13, 2020
    Maryland
    I helped a neighbor get her permit for same type of reason. Ex BF was in jail for a year for violating domestic order. She applied when he got out.

Interview was around 30 days, unrestricted permit, was in her hand within 45 days. She got her HQL free with the Handgun Permit..

I wonder, would the state actually be nice and hold the permit for a bit to make it good for almost 3 years, rather than just a little more than 2 years.

That’s awesome of you to help her. And he served jail time so I think that was nearly a given. My situation is a little different. I do however already have my HQL. I am so disappointed in maryland as a state, I have respect for law enforcement however, my recent encounter with local law enforcement was cringe worthy. I’m hoping this goes smoothly but I can’t say I believe it will

May 21, 2017
    Gaithersburg, MD
    Jlynne: You're probably already doing this but I'd recommend doing some research on pepper spray and buy several canisters of the best delivery system and content you can get your hands on. Something is better than nothing, at least while you wait for the State to grant your permit.

Best of luck, sorry you're dealing with this. The guy sounds pretty special. :tdown:

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    I was thinking, and I know I have been told not to do that by my doc...
    But this question is for the brain trust. Given the OP is a single mom of a toddler, should she be prepared to answer the question of storage of the firearm when not worn? Not sure if that will come up.

THier

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 3, 2010
    Muscleville
    Be ready for EVERYTHING to come out in the interview.

Couple years prior, I was in a minor accident, guy got aggressive, I called cops, They asked about that incident.

Jlynne2

Apr 13, 2020
    Maryland
    I was thinking, and I know I have been told not to do that by my doc...
    But this question is for the brain trust. Given the OP is a single mom of a toddler, should she be prepared to answer the question of storage of the firearm when not worn? Not sure if that will come up.

Even if I am asked that, I have several firearms. All stored safely in a safe when my child is around.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Jlynne2, I'm not much help in your current endeavor. I hope this doesn't get dragged on too long for you.

Best of luck

:thumbsup:

THier

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 3, 2010
    Muscleville

I had the female in westminster,

(a) she must have been a cop at 14,,, it surprised me how young she appeared.

(B) she IS TOUGH,,, but fair. Her stance with me was "I saw this all the time when I was active, someone comes between the son and his meal ticket, especially when she is afraid of him" She said she assumed it probably wouldn't be good for her to talk to the ex girl friend (his mother). So she didn't. She asked me 3 or 4 times if I smoked weed,, as she was aware of weed in the home. Believe it or not,,, I have never even taken a puff.
    They called all my references the first day.

THier

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 3, 2010
    Muscleville
    Even if I am asked that, I have several firearms. All stored safely in a safe when my child is around.

They will know EVERY firearm you own, if you did a 4473. They asked about my "collection"

Make sure they know the guns are in a safe of some sort. Something that can LOCK firearm if it isn't on your person.

Jlynne2

Apr 13, 2020
    Maryland
    Update. I’ve had the interview. It went well. She said she is rooting for me.

Have to send in documentation for anti depressants I was prescribed right before having my son to prevent postpartum and I just continued them. So I have to get documentation for that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom