• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • travistheone

Usual Suspect
    Dec 11, 2008
    cockeysville
    i forget if the 90 days is before a decision or before your interview. expect it to take at least 60 days if not close to 90. they have thousands of permits in backlog. i wonder if they are even processing now due to chinese chicken pox

Jlynne2

Apr 13, 2020
    Maryland
    i forget if the 90 days is before a decision or before your interview. expect it to take at least 60 days if not close to 90. they have thousands of permits in backlog. i wonder if they are even processing now due to chinese chicken pox

Chinese chicken pox made me lol but I believe they are so backed up who knows how long it will take. Especially with the influx in permit requests. On their website it states they will still be following statues and processing applications as normal. Does not mention about interviews though. I know the office of administrative hearings is closed. I work for the state and pretty much everything I deal with is open. As we are all essential.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jlynne2

Apr 13, 2020
    Maryland
    Blaster229 is the king of straight forward people. (Hence him being blunt in the first response in this thread)

Perfect. That’s what I need. Someone to challenge the way I think so I can see it from all perspectives. Being blunt is the best way to be in some circumstances.

miles71

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jul 19, 2009
    Belcamp, Md.
    90 days is for the MSP decision, but I think it may be 90 business days. It does take them a while.

I can assume you had the 2 day Maryland training course.

TD

Jlynne2

Apr 13, 2020
    Maryland
    90 days is for the MSP decision, but I think it may be 90 business days. It does take them a while.

I can assume you had the 2 day Maryland training course.

TD

You are correct. Completed the 16 hour course with an NRA instructor. This is a long time consuming process for a right we should constitutionally be issued. I’m still waiting on a call for the interview.

HarryLogan

HarryLogan, also known as MesWoore
    Jan 16, 2020
    Hello all.
    I am new here. I have went through thousands of posts and threads just reading everyone’s comments. Seems this forum is flooding with knowledge. I am a woman who just filed for my hand gun permit March 27 2020. Check cashed March 30 2020. So now I wait.... for them to shit all over my 2A right, I can only assume.
    Any how, looking for some mentors in the shooting community as this has become my new hobby. I’m 29, mom of a 1.5 year old, just wanting to protect my family. Also training as a social worker.
    Sorry for being all over the place. I am mainly interested in the approximate wait times now given the covid-19 response by the state. I am wondering if I will have an over the phone interview. I have so many questions that seem unanswered due to Maryland’s horrendous 2A laws, rules, and regulations.
    I know they specify 90 days in their SOP.
    Anyone have an idea on wait time these days?

Welcome, and best of luck to you. I'm not an expert, but I would encourage you join Maryland Shall Issue:

https://www.marylandshallissue.org/

They can probably point you in the best direction. Again, good luck.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    It's an awesome non profit organization , and one of the fringe benefits of actual membership is ( helpful assistance short of crossing the line of practice of law) regarding W&C Permits .

Kharn

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2008
    Hazzard County
    I have two friends that were approved for W&C permits last week and this week, the licensing division is still working. The retired troopers doing the investigations might actually be moving through the process faster than normal because they're stuck at home without the ability to go fishing, etc, in the morning before going to work.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    I agree with that statement. Mainly because I do believe there is a double standard (regardless of what anyone says about that) between women and men carrying. I am trained. Beginner of course but I am responsible and before covid-19 I was attending the range once a week. I’m confident in my beginner skills. Things between the other party and I have subsided greatly. This occurred in July 2019. However, that does not mean that things will not escalate quickly as he can have a temper. I have a feeling this is something I’ll be fighting for quite some time. My NRA instructor seems to think this is an easy going with my case.

Welcome to the forum. Documented cases of domestic violence are indeed a Good and Substantial reason but not to rain on your parade your bolded statement above gives me pause. The MSP are quick to claim that a threat no longer exists and therefore your G&S has "expired" for lack of a better word.

As an example, they routinely deny retired police officers if they don't apply soon after retirement because they have been "out of the game" and the threats from all of the violent felons that they helped incarcerate are no longer viable. In other words, threats have a shelf life.

I do wish you well and hope that regardless the outcome that you stick around these parts. And join MSI and help make Maryland a Shall Issue state.

Skipjacks

Ultimate Member
    I'm with Stoveman

I think the MSP are going to tell the OP to pound sand (and likely not in much nicer terms than that)

The domestic violence incident was a year ago and there hasn't been a recent flare up. MSP is going to deny this saying there is not an immediate threat.

Now, the MSP is wrong, unconstitutional, holier than thou, and hates freedom. Domestics violence can come back quicky when there is something keeping the former couple in contact like their child. And even if there wasn't a history of violence no one should be prevented from exercising a natural right enshrined in the Constitution.

But the MSP doesn't care about any of that. They will look for a reason NOT to issue a CCW

And the year since a violent incident is the reason they will use to deny it

Jlynne2

Apr 13, 2020
    Maryland
    I'm with Stoveman

I think the MSP are going to tell the OP to pound sand (and likely not in much nicer terms than that)

The domestic violence incident was a year ago and there hasn't been a recent flare up. MSP is going to deny this saying there is not an immediate threat.

Now, the MSP is wrong, unconstitutional, holier than thou, and hates freedom. Domestics violence can come back quicky when there is something keeping the former couple in contact like their child. And even if there wasn't a history of violence no one should be prevented from exercising a natural right enshrined in the Constitution.

But the MSP doesn't care about any of that. They will look for a reason NOT to issue a CCW

And the year since a violent incident is the reason they will use to deny it

I think Maryland is unconstitutional for sure. Times like this show their true colors. While I do agree with the shelf life of charges, the person in question has 3 prior domestic charges. Unrelated to me. So once the Msp sees that, it gives me hope. I had a former LEO assist with my application. I think my paper work is rock solid. Does not mean that Msp and OAH will not strip me of my rights though. I’m a firm supporter of 2A and like all of you, i don’t believe it should be necessary to have a “good and substantial”. However, if some assault is to occur in the future, it will not look good on the state for not allowing me my constitutional rights.

KevinK

Ultimate Member
    Jun 24, 2008
    Carroll County, Md
    I think Maryland is unconstitutional for sure. Times like this show their true colors. While I do agree with the shelf life of charges, the person in question has 3 prior domestic charges. Unrelated to me. So once the Msp sees that, it gives me hope. I had a former LEO assist with my application. I think my paper work is rock solid. Does not mean that Msp and OAH will not strip me of my rights though. I’m a firm supporter of 2A and like all of you, i don’t believe it should be necessary to have a “good and substantial”. However, if some assault is to occur in the future, it will not look good on the state for not allowing me my constitutional rights.

Welcome aboard and good luck!

Unfortunately, it will only not look good to us.

The MGA, and Lawn Chair Larry could not care less about law abiding citizens.

Jlynne2

Apr 13, 2020
    Maryland
    Welcome aboard and good luck!

Unfortunately, it will only not look good to us.

The MGA, and Lawn Chair Larry could not care less about law abiding citizens.

You all make me lol. Lawn chair Larry.

All I can do is pray. If I don’t get it, I can at least say I tried.

What exactly do they ask during the interview? I’m not sure what to expect. And what will they ask my references?

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker

Dig your heels in and don't take no for an answer , you have every right to protect yourself . Regardless of the past assaults against you .

You may have a few hurdles to jump but know you have people in your corner .A lawyer that used to frequent here is a phone call away .
    If you need that come back here and we will provide that information to you .
    Also please join MSI and start learning with the information they can provide .

It is sad WE have to fight with our money in order to have freedoms that our God gives us and our Founding Fathers have fought for .

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    Welcome to MDS!
    Definitely join MSI and talk the good folks there. Is there any proof of his anger issues other than the incident in July? Any arrests or witnesses to his out bursts? There is a member here who got his CCW in an emergency situation due to violence against him. He may chime with some advice.
    But again, talk to the folks at MSI. Maybe a GOOD 2a lawyer as well. As stated, tings with the MSP are never cut and dry.

Jlynne2

Apr 13, 2020
    Maryland
    Dig your heels in and don't take no for an answer , you have every right to protect yourself . Regardless of the past assaults against you .

You may have a few hurdles to jump but know you have people in your corner .A lawyer that used to frequent here is a phone call away .
    If you need that come back here and we will provide that information to you .
    Also please join MSI and start learning with the information they can provide .

It is sad WE have to fight with our money in order to have freedoms that our God gives us and our Founding Fathers have fought for .

Thank you for the words of encouragement.

I have joined MSI just last night. I’ve been browsing the site when I have some free time. I am an essential employee for the state and overwhelmed with work, but I am going to try and take a look some more during my lunch.
    It is so depressing that we must spend so much money to fight for this. We can all go on and on about the fact that law abiding citizens are not the ones to be concerned about. I will continue to fight for our rights and I hope to pass that down to my son as well when he is old enough.
    Using this pandemic to try and strip us of our rights even more has made me sick to my stomach. I am grateful they have made gun stores essential, always supporting my local gun shop.

Jlynne2

Apr 13, 2020
    Maryland
    Welcome to MDS!
    Definitely join MSI and talk the good folks there. Is there any proof of his anger issues other than the incident in July? Any arrests or witnesses to his out bursts? There is a member here who got his CCW in an emergency situation due to violence against him. He may chime with some advice.
    But again, talk to the folks at MSI. Maybe a GOOD 2a lawyer as well. As stated, tings with the MSP are never cut and dry.

Thank you ! I do have some proof. A video which the website would not let me upload. My friend is a witness to some of it but I believe she prefers to stay out of it. Which I can’t blame her.
    Where can I find a good lawyer to speak with? I’ve been looking but I’m so new to this I wasn’t sure where to even start.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom