• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Chasbo00

Jun 30, 2012
    Northern VA
    A couple of folks have asked about Serpa holsters. I don't allow them in this course - it's my rule. There is plenty of empirical data showing that Serpa holsters are associated with a higher number of NDs during training. This is especially true when the training involves fast draws under stress.

IDPA's rules state; "All retention devices on the holster must be used." and "Retention devices may be permanently removed or permanently disabled, but not temporarily disabled for a match."

If you permanently remove or permanently disable the index finger release on a Serpa holster, then that's OK by me and you can then use the holster in this course. Please note that the key word here is permanently.

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    Wish I could do it but traveling and just a little short on notice.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Live and learn. It's always a case buying stuff then 24 hours later learn it's verboten. I'll eat the restock fee.. and try later.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    What pistol did you buy it for?

Sig P226. I'm not a pro or tacticool guy, but I did not find my finger going near the trigger when I pulled, and my finger is straight against the gun above the trigger. I'd never even wear it for a "real" situation , so the argument of zoning out etc. under duress wouldn't apply. It really does not scare me shooting at paper. I can get a different holster, not a problem. You have one to suggest that isn't a mint to buy? One has suggested a bladetech, maybe this one?

I liked the holster a friend lent me when I did my CCW thing, but that thing was over a C note.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Sig P226. I'm not a pro or tacticool guy, but I did not find my finger going near the trigger when I pulled, and my finger is straight against the gun above the trigger. I'd never even wear it for a "real" situation , so the argument of zoning out etc. under duress wouldn't apply. It really does not scare me shooting at paper. I can get a different holster, not a problem. You have one to suggest that isn't a mint to buy? One has suggested a bladetech, maybe this one? I liked the holster a friend lent me when I did my CCW thing, but that thing was over a C note.

You can't go wrong with a bladetech revolution. Cost effective, adjustable and reliable. I use one for my Glocks.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    You can't go wrong with a bladetech revolution. Cost effective, adjustable and reliable. I use one for my Glocks.

Thanks.

By the way, do you throw that Glock at the target? :lol2:
    (My ProtegeV impersonation)

Chasbo00

Jun 30, 2012
    Northern VA
    I'm going to close the signup for this 6 Dec 2015 course tonight at midnight - course is limited to three attendees. So far, I have the following as desiring to attend if there is a slot for them:

Blaster229
    hogarth
    Tactics

If I have missed someone, or any of the above are listed in error, please let me know. If anyone else desires to attend this specific course date, please reply to his thread by midnight tonight (Thursday, 3 Dec 2015). If there are more than three who desire to attend, I'll do a random selection to determine the three attendees. I'll then contact these three by PM with further details.

Attendees will be required to sign a waiver to participate in this course.

ultraplanet

Shooter
    Jan 10, 2013
    Swanton
    Sig P226. I'm not a pro or tacticool guy, but I did not find my finger going near the trigger when I pulled, and my finger is straight against the gun above the trigger. I'd never even wear it for a "real" situation , so the argument of zoning out etc. under duress wouldn't apply. It really does not scare me shooting at paper. I can get a different holster, not a problem. You have one to suggest that isn't a mint to buy? One has suggested a bladetech, maybe this one?

I liked the holster a friend lent me when I did my CCW thing, but that thing was over a C note.

Like I said before the Blackhawk Sportster Standard is as good as any holster I have and I also have one of those $100 jobs. Less than 20 bucks on Amazon....

http://www.amazon.com/Blackhawk-Sportster-Standard-Holster-without/dp/B007ZNU9EM/

Of course mine fits a Glock so your mileage may vary :lol:

CATMdude

I like turtles
    Dec 29, 2012
    Frederick
    I just ordered a bladetech holster for my 229 from amazon, should be here on Saturday. I also checked my bin o' holsters and found a non-serpa holster for my 224. So, I'm in. Looks like the weather will be nice. Looking forward to it if I get selected.

Chasbo00

Jun 30, 2012
    Northern VA
    Five folks were in the running for three slots. I used a randomizer to order these five screen names; the results:

The three selected for the 6 Dec class
    1 Blaster229
    2 CSJ
    3 CATMdude

Alternates for the 6 Dec class
    4 Tactics
    5 hogarth

PMs sent to the three selected for class. If any of the three selected can't attend, the slot will be offered to the alternates in the order listed.

hogarth

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2009
    Five folks were in the running for three slots. I used a randomizer to order these five screen names; the results:

The three selected for the 6 Dec class
    1 Blaster229
    2 CSJ
    3 CATMdude

Alternates for the 6 Dec class
    4 Tactics
    5 hogarth

PMs sent to the three selected for class. If any of the three selected can't attend, the slot will be offered to the alternates in the order listed.

:-(

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom