• ...and so much more!
  • Chasbo00

Jun 30, 2012
    Northern VA
    What: Intro to IDPA Course
    Cost: $20
    When: 11:30 AM to 4:30 PM, Sunday 6 Dec 2015
    Where: Thurmont Conservation and Sportsman's Club, Thurmont, MD

Since several have expressed a desire to attend this course and it's limited to three attendees, I'm going to run a random selection lottery, if needed, to determine the three attendees. If after reading all the below information, you desire to attend this course on this day, please reply to this thread stating your desire to do so. I'll post the screen names of the three selected attendees and contact them by PM with further details this Friday by noon. If you don't get in to this particular course, not to worry as there will be several opportunities for other dates.

Please don't sign up for this course if you don't have any interest in giving IDPA a try. This course is designed to equip you with the knowledge and experience to confidently attend, on your own, a club-level IDPA match. It's not a course to teach you how to shoot or how to shoot better.

Course Prerequisites:

- Have successfully completed a basic or intermediate handgun training course or have LEO, military or contractor experience that required carrying a handgun

- Must know and demonstrate basic safe handgun handling skills

- Semi-Auto shooters watch the Shannon Smith YouTube video on grip

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJrA7wMXuuQ

- Revolver shooters watch the Jerry Miculek YouTube video on revolver shooting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEHNZFTfSD8

Course equipment requirements:

A 9mm/.38 Special or larger caliber pistol or revolver with at least a 6-round capacity

Belt holster, either inside or outside of belt, that covers the handgun's trigger guard and allows for one-handed holstering (no SERPA holsters)

Three magazines or speed loaders

Two magazine or speed loader belt pouches

Concealment garment such a shirt, jacket, coat or vest that conceals handgun and ammo on belt

Handgun case and/or range bag

150 rounds of ammo

Eye and ear protection (electronic ear muffs desired but not required)

Hat with bill

Pants with belt loops

Sturdy belt suitable for holding holstered gun and ammo/pouches

Lawn or camp chair (Recommended but not required)

Clothing suitable for outdoor conditions

Water

Last edited:

gre24ene

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2012
    For anyone on the fence about taking this intro class, it is worth every penny and your time. Charlie has really thought out this class and he will teach you everything you need to know to shoot in a IDPA match. I took his first class with a couple other MDS members and had a blast. I shot my first IDPA match a few weeks ago and I felt completely comfortable during the match.

Charlie makes safety a huge part of the class, and will correct anything you are doing that is unsafe, but does it in a way so that you don't feel scolded.

If I can answer anyone's questions let me know.

Chasbo00

Jun 30, 2012
    Northern VA
    I'd like to do this without anyone knowing It's me there. LOL

Well, I packaged the course to be fully portable. So, if you provide the location (need a shooting distance of at least 15 yards plus a backstop that's at least 12 yards wide), I'll bring the course to you and any two others who may wish to remain anonymous. :)

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    For anyone on the fence about taking this intro class, it is worth every penny and your time. Charlie has really thought out this class and he will teach you everything you need to know to shoot in a IDPA match. I took his first class with a couple other MDS members and had a blast. I shot my first IDPA match a few weeks ago and I felt completely comfortable during the match.

Charlie makes safety a huge part of the class, and will correct anything you are doing that is unsafe, but does it in a way so that you don't feel scolded.

If I can answer anyone's questions let me know.

:thumbsup:

Nothing I can add to that except that not only will you have a good time you will also make a few new friends.

This class is so good I wish I hadn't been through it so I could do it again....:party29:

hogarth

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2009
    I'm in. I'll throw in an extra $10 if I get to take the class with Blaster!

woodstock

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jun 28, 2009
    :thumbsup: chasbo00 will get you going in the right direction. unfortunately i have class to teach on sunday so i can't make it. even though i had already shot IDPA, i was totally green to the experience, and as MURPHY'S LAW would dictate, this guy starts this stuff AFTER i started IDPA. imagine how well i could have done at my first classifier if i had met him sooner. if you can, go for this, you will benefit tremendously! :thumbsup:

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    I couldn't find that rule on the TCSC website. I suppose it could be in the TCSC IDPA Shooters Handbook but the link is dead. I guess it's his class, his rules.

I'd be in but I also have Serpa.
    Yep.. His class.. His rules apply.. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom