• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    A simple shell catcher for your semi-auto will take care of your shells flying out of the gun. Even a rubber band will work. With Skeet and 5-stand it's not a problem as no one is standing next to you. However, for trap it is disconcerting to be standing there and to get pelted with someone elses shells.

I did find one for my Remington but haven't found one for a Benelli. Any sources?

buffalodan

Feb 3, 2012
    Bel Air, MD
    Ok, time for a shameless plug....

A great way to get your girlfriend to try clay shooting would be to come to our "Clays Against Cancer" event on the weekend of October 6th & 7th. It's our 2nd. Annual event to raise money for breast cancer treatment and awareness. It was a great time last year. I know several MDS members came out to shoot. In fact it's where I met JMintzer and we've shot together since.

Here's the thread: http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=84693

Thanks thats definitely worth a try. Always up for supporting a good cause.

possumman

Ultimate Member
    Jan 13, 2011
    Pikesville Md
    If anyone is interested in going to Littlestown Fish and Game on Saturday 9/1/12 for sporting clays I can meet you there or along the way and show you around--its $12 a round for non members and you will need 50+ shells per round- I can throw an extra 12g shotgun in the car too, newbies show up all the time there - its a great way to spend a morning,even if most of the clays you shoot at dont break til they hit the ground.

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    Yeah I've seen that, 4 models and 3 of them aren't made anymore.. I think maybe montefeltro might fit on a few other current models, but the m1 hasn't Ben made for years and is different than the receivers that are out now. When I had one I wasn't about to waste money on something I had to modify to fit, ya know.

The rubber band pissed me off so I didn't bother with that either LOL

Redcobra

Senior Shooter
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 10, 2010
    Near the Chesapeake Bay
    Yeah I've seen that, 4 models and 3 of them aren't made anymore.. I think maybe montefeltro might fit on a few other current models, but the m1 hasn't Ben made for years and is different than the receivers that are out now. When I had one I wasn't about to waste money on something I had to modify to fit, ya know.

The rubber band pissed me off so I didn't bother with that either LOL

I usually make sure that people with SAs and pumps are to my right anyway.

circleshooter

Ultimate Member
    Nov 8, 2009
    Baltimore County
    I usually make sure that people with SAs and pumps are to my right anyway.

As an aside, my FABARM XLR5 Velocity (to the OP - this is not a starter gun) was designed to eject the spent shells forward rather than directly to the side. A good idea. The more I shoot Vittorio (yes, I named it), the more I love it. It's the most awesome semi-auto I've ever shot!

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    That's cool. You won't have to use gawdy attachments on your gun, or disable the gas system or pop the benelli inertia spring out to shoot singles

sbowers

Jun 15, 2012
    If anyone is interested in going to Littlestown Fish and Game on Saturday 9/1/12 for sporting clays I can meet you there or along the way and show you around--its $12 a round for non members and you will need 50+ shells per round- I can throw an extra 12g shotgun in the car too, newbies show up all the time there - its a great way to spend a morning,even if most of the clays you shoot at dont break til they hit the ground.

I'm deciding if I want to go to Mayberry or Littlestown this weekend. Perhaps i'll go to both.

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83

What time of day is this? What size shot? Have plenty of 7 1/2 that I use for trap. What choke? I have a Beretta 391. I have an improved modified and another choke in the case.

possumman

Ultimate Member
    Jan 13, 2011
    Pikesville Md
    Sporting at Littlestown starts at 9am--7 1/2 shot is fine and your 391 will work fine too,choke choice is up to you but a skeet or IC choke will work fine for most presentations-you dont need to go too tight, some birds will be in close - some not so close. It is best to get there around 9am as they are putting the squads together- a new squad goes out about every 20 minutes. There will be plenty of advice available from the regulars there- some of it even good advice. Its a bunch of good guys and they will be happy to see a new shooter there. Its a different ballgame from trap- a lot more social.In trap the game is to not miss- in sporting the game is to hit everything you can.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom