• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nobis1

Aug 5, 2012
    Surprised this has not been posted. CMP has field grade IHC Garands with LMR barrels for $960 shipped. Bit high, but some buyers are getting 80% plus correct rifles. That, and with an LMR barrel, it is likely original.

Abulg1972

Ultimate Member
    Surprised this has not been posted. CMP has field grade IHC Garands with LMR barrels for $960 shipped. Bit high, but some buyers are getting 80% plus correct rifles. That, and with an LMR barrel, it is likely original.

I think people are kind of over the CMP and its new leadership after the last party. $960 is a lot to pay for a FG even if mostly correct. I wonder why they are charging almost what they charged for SGs only a few months ago? Personally, after the last experience where I spent $65 for first morning delivery only to find out later from the horse's mouth that time of delivery means nothing (but day of delivery does) and the time before that when I actually did get a rifle but one having only 2 IHC parts, I will just buy 2 or 3 nice Finn Mosins or South American Mausers or a Colt's 1903 hammerless.

What do you mean by "some buyers"? 5? Half?

In the June 2014 release, my brother got an IHC with LMR that was correct (including stock) except for the trigger group. People do occasionally find leprechauns, but I'm willing to bet that most people are getting parts guns like they always have.

nobis1

Aug 5, 2012
    I think people are kind of over the CMP and its new leadership after the last party. $960 is a lot to pay for a FG even if mostly correct. I wonder why they are charging almost what they charged for SGs only a few months ago? Personally, after the last experience where I spent $65 for first morning delivery only to find out later from the horse's mouth that time of delivery means nothing (but day of delivery does) and the time before that when I actually did get a rifle but one having only 2 IHC parts, I will just buy 2 or 3 nice Finn Mosins or South American Mausers or a Colt's 1903 hammerless.

What do you mean by "some buyers"? 5? Half?

In the June 2014 release, my brother got an IHC with LMR that was correct (including stock) except for the trigger group. People do occasionally find leprechauns, but I'm willing to bet that most people are getting parts guns like they always have.

Gotcha on the new leadership. People are posting these on the CMP Forum and talking about what has been out in the stores. Those folks are saying there are a lot of guns with mostly IHC parts. It seems the ones with LMR barrels are more likely to have a lot of IHC parts. That said, there is also some talk they opened these up because they are not moving in the stores, and there are complaints about the price.

Personally, I am on the fence. The cost is pretty high, but I feel like the floor is such that I can get rid of it for cost. The upside is a mostly correct IHC.

Abulg1972

Ultimate Member
    If you want an IHC, this is certainly your best, and probably only, chance to get one at under $1000. I sold my SG for $1,200 a few months ago. I probably could've gotten $100 or $200 more but probably not more than that. It was a very nice rifle with a barrel that was basically new but the wood was CMP and every part was SA other than the receiver and front gas system/sight.

Jul 1, 2012
    That Femaru M37 is definitely C&R, just not listed as such (pre-WW2).
    One of the nicest I've seen, almost too nice so worth a close look in person.

<edit> the more I look at it the more it looks legit. very hard to find one that nice.... holster isn't right but who cares.

Abulg1972

Ultimate Member
    not c&r per the listing

"This is a modern gun under the law and all regulations apply. It must be shipped to an FFL Holder."

In auction terms, "modern" is frequently used to say that something is not an "antique". Many C&R guns listed in auctions are described as "modern". Notice that they say that it must ship to "an FFL holder" - not an FFL dealer. It would worth a call to them to confirm their understanding that this is C&R.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom