• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Lol Woodstock may not have answered Chads question but he’s not hiding his business it’s pretty easily located.

While i 100% disagree with his comments and ideas i pray that the members here wouldn’t consider messing with his livelihood! If you disagree just don’t patronize his business and and leave it alone!

Not saying anyone would do that but the internet can be a dangerous unforgiving place!

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    the problem is the OP does not know the constitution and is making an argument for mandatory training and testing on Civics 101, since they make assertions that are not true

My grandfather came from another country, learned English, took his citizenship test and became a citizen after about 7 years. BUT he later brought over his aged mother, who was illiterate. She was old and not going to get a job so he secured for her permanent residency, NOT citizenship. She never had any schooling, never had any "training" in anything to do with the first amendment.

She had FULL 100% first amendment rights (so did my grandfather before he learned English and became a citizen) just like anyone who is a citizens, OR any NON citizen in the US has.

The OP erects a half dozen "straw man" arguments like this. they are either not true (education mandatory for first amendment) or not analogous.

As far as polls on mandatory training, they rely on confusion between carry and say ownership for home defense.

When we can find a poll that asks about whether you should have to spend $300 on training to own or have access and use of a gun at home to defend your home, I bet it is south of 50%.

Maybe with white voters, but overall I'd speculate higher in total. The nature of the electorate today, is if an issue doesn't effect them, many will vote to "tax" the other guy. I'm not aware of any referendum to increase taxes, with a demarcation point that only effects 10% , not passing. The same type referendum increasing taxes on everyone failed in California. Fear sells much better than rationality. Being the majority of US voters do not own, or interested in firearms, the fear message has them vote for gun control as it doesn't effect anything personal they wish to have. Year after year polls show the majority of voters favor regulation on firearms, and instantly is painted as leftist propaganda regardless who or how the poll is taken. My view is the polls are legit, just by the preceding premise.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Lol Woodstock may not have answered Chads question but he’s not hiding his business it’s pretty easily located.

While i 100% disagree with his comments and ideas i pray that the members here wouldn’t consider messing with his livelihood! If you disagree just don’t patronize his business and and leave it alone!

Define "livelihood". Are there any instructor members here who solely live off of and rely on their gun instruction business as a full time venture?

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Define "livelihood". Are there any instructor members here who solely live off of and rely on their gun instruction business as a full time venture?

Dunno bro the only instructing i do is instructing my kid to pee in the potty lol

Not a sermon just a thought

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    I'd say the OP has done more damage to his own 'livelihood' than any of us could.

That said, I have no need/desire to help him decrease his revenue, he's doing just fine on his own. Moving on.

Back to Woodstock's MSI comments and follow-up comments...
    He openly uses Maryland Shall Issue as an affiliation on his website in the "About" section, yet he describes beliefs in this thread directly contradicting those of MSI.

Additionally, his FAQ section contradicts what he is preaching here. On MDS, he says training should be required to purchase a firearm. Catch 22???
    "CAN I BRING MY OWN FIREARM?"
    "Yes! We encourage/require you to bring your own firearm." (underline my emphasis)
    :sad20:

3rdRcn

RIP
    Industry Partner
    Sep 9, 2007
    Harford County
    Just for clarification, this is also the HQL instructor who makes his students fire a minimum of 20 rounds and they must hit the target where HE says or they don't qualify. He likes to make up additions to the law as he see's fit.

That's the kind of 2A supporters we have in our midst, some that don't understand the constitution at all and give their students absolute ******** information and claim it to be law and fact. These types of instructors should have their credentials stripped and be shunned from this community as they are no better than the liberals they CLAIM to be against.

This is one of the most ridiculous threads I have seen in the many years I have been a member of this forum. There are so many inaccurate and down right ludicrous statements in the OP that it is ridiculous at best. I hope continental arms takes his teaching privileges away from him at their facility so he can't spread this ******** to any other people.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Back to Woodstock's MSI comments and follow-up comments...
    He openly uses Maryland Shall Issue as an affiliation on his website in the "About" section, yet he describes beliefs in this thread directly contradicting those of MSI.

Additionally, his FAQ section contradicts what he is preaching here. On MDS, he says training should be required to purchase a firearm. Catch 22???
    "CAN I BRING MY OWN FIREARM?"
    "Yes! We encourage/require you to bring your own firearm." (underline my emphasis)
    :sad20:

MSI should demand he take that down....

Just for clarification, this is also the HQL instructor who makes his students fire a minimum of 20 rounds and they must hit the target where HE says or they don't qualify. He likes to make up additions to the law as he see's fit.

That's the kind of 2A supporters we have in our midst, some that don't understand the constitution at all and give their students absolute ******** information and claim it to be law and fact. These types of instructors should have their credentials stripped and be shunned from this community as they are no better than the liberals they CLAIM to be against.

This is one of the most ridiculous threads I have seen in the many years I have been a member of this forum. There are so many inaccurate and down right ludicrous statements in the OP that it is ridiculous at best. I hope continental arms takes his teaching privileges away from him at their facility so he can't spread this ******** to any other people.

Jeez. That's pretty bad.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013

There are others that do likewise and never understand that either. They professed CC , then morph state CCW qualifying tests to add difficulty. Including scoring hits on target differently than prescribed.

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012

Maybe he should just go away. Looks like the community basically thinks he sucks. Hope the name of his business gets out there.

A rational adult would move on. A bitter troll would stick around and pee in the punchbowl.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Let me get this straight?

The O.P. makes posts on a gun board about how membership should have their 2A rights should be restricted and we should just shrug and say "ok"? We're not debating chopping off sexual organs, snakes on planes, cyclists in the left lane, pitbulls, or tinfoil and drones. We're on a GUN Board, and someone is promoting restricting our 2A rights.

He is really brave about sharing his opinions yet won't name his business. I guess his students have no right to know who they are dealing with?

The O.P. goes out of his way to completely hide his online presence. He has no social media, no photos of his classes or of himself. He does not list any credentials beyond some label slapping certifications that ANYONE can get. He does not list his business name with ANYTHING in currently in his profile. If you dig, you can find it, but it's not easy to find. If it was so easy to find people wouldn't be asking in this thread for the info and sending requests to those that know. Please.

He used to be an I.P. here but stopped after 3 years because he didn't get any students from it. But we should avoid "hurting his lively hood" by calling out his ******** anti 2A comments? So he got no business from here yet he could "lose" business from here? That there is some mental fvcking gymnastics.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Let me get this straight?

The O.P. makes posts on a gun board about how membership should have their 2A rights should be restricted and we should just shrug and say "ok"?

He is really brave about sharing his opinions yet won't name his business. I guess his students have no right to know who they are dealing with?

The O.P. goes out of his way to completely hide his online presence. He has no social media, no photos of his classes or of himself. He does not list any credentials beyond some label slapping certifications that ANYONE can get. He does not list his business name with ANYTHING in currently in his profile. If you dig, you can find it, but it's not easy to find. If it was so easy to find people wouldn't be asking in this thread for the info and sending requests to those that know. Please.

He used to be an I.P. here but stopped after 3 years because he didn't get any students from it. But we should avoid "hurting his lively hood" by calling out his ******** anti 2A comments? So he got no business from here yet he could "lose" business from here? That there is some mental fvcking gymnastics.

Lol it’s not hard to find he has his business card listed as an attachment on his profile.

I’m totally for calling him out.....as norton and 3rdRCN haVE done but i think we both have been put in positions from the old Rick Roll (i believe that’s the term). That’s what I’m addressing is no one do something like that.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davech1831

Latest threads

Top Bottom