• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Did ya buy one ?

If I didn't just get that spikes hammer forged upper I'd be ordering on of these. Wish I was rich.

I wish I was rich too, but I've been waiting a while for this one to show up as available.

I've been building a LW fun-gun for the little woman for about two years and trying to find just the right parts has been a challenge, especially after the inauguration panic.

Yeah....it's on the way. :D

jr88

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 7, 2011
    Free?? State
    Question? This upper with a permanent mounted flash hider makes it legal, correct?
    Or do you have to get a SBR stamp? Don't mean to hi-jack thread but I am looking for
    a quality L/W upper.

Thanks in Advance

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    Question? This upper with a permanent mounted flash hider makes it legal, correct?
    Or do you have to get a SBR stamp? Don't mean to hi-jack thread but I am looking for
    a quality L/W upper.

Thanks in Advance

You are correct. By permanently attaching the flash hider and making the total length greater than 16" it is 100% legal.

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    BCM does not fool around....

Attachments

• Picture 10.png
      Picture 10.png
      20.7 KB · Views: 444

JeepDriver

Self confessed gun snob
    Aug 28, 2006
    White Marsh
    They are a squared away company.

I'm interested in your opinion of this upper. Most reviews I've seen have said they like 5.56 vs .223 ammo.

I want a 14.5" middy in the near future to possibly replace my carbine upper on my 14.5" SBR. But the carbine eats .223 with no problem. And I hate to get a picky upper.

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    They are a squared away company.

I'm interested in your opinion of this upper. Most reviews I've seen have said they like 5.56 vs .223 ammo.

I want a 14.5" middy in the near future to possibly replace my carbine upper on my 14.5" SBR. But the carbine eats .223 with no problem. And I hate to get a picky upper.

Dunno. I pretty much only have 5.56 ammo anyway. I have a little .223.

What kind of problems should I look for?

JeepDriver

Self confessed gun snob
    Aug 28, 2006
    White Marsh
    Just short stroking & or weak ejection.

BCM has theirs tuned pretty well. Might have to come down to the fall shoot (if there is one) to investigate your gun.

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Just short stroking & or weak ejection.

BCM has theirs tuned pretty well. Might have to come down to the fall shoot (if there is one) to investigate your gun.

Hell, I'll loan it to you to run however you see fit. Not like will wear out or anything.

Slimjim

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2007
    If you need lightweight rails, the DD lite rails in carbine length are something like 8oz, lighter than the plastic handguards with heat shields.

F-Stop

Ultimate Member
    Feb 16, 2009
    Cecil County
    I got the 16" light mid with DD lite rails end of last year. Love it. I had to do as you and order immediately. Can't hesitate with these if you want one. Nice purchase!

04RWon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2010
    Orlando, FL
    Put .223 and 5.56 through the m1s, bcm, and spikes. Never had any problems. Now tomorrow ill be trying tula 55gr .223. First time using steel case in any of them. Had no choice someone came along to my classified walmart and cleaned out the american eagle. Better not have been one of you wise guys???

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom