• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WeaponsCollector

EXTREME GUN OWNER
    Mar 30, 2009
    Southern MD
    I used to shoot at MG regularly when ammo was more affordable and have never been hassled for my evil black military-style high-capacity assault clips of death but you will be hassled if you shoot more than one round per second.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Well it appears as though the fine has risen in the past year.

This was back around 2008, maybe 2009.

It was my first permit for MG. Had no real idea of when it expired, found out the hard way. Now it's committed to memory.

A $250 range day will do that to you. :o

SOMDSHOOT

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indian Head
    This was back around 2008, maybe 2009.

It was my first permit for MG. Had no real idea of when it expired, found out the hard way. Now it's committed to memory.

A $250 range day will do that to you. :o

Had a buddy get busted back last August and his ticket stated $125.00

You got screwed good then.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Had a buddy get busted back last August and his ticket stated $125.00

You got screwed good then.

Or your buddy may have sweet-talked the female DNR officer some. ;)

I got clipped by Ofc. Griggs, probably didn't help that the guys he wrote up before me tested his patience some.

Still see him from time to time, no hard feelings.

Did he get written for Trespassing, or shooting w/out a permit?

dspurlock

Mar 31, 2013
    I live about 15 miles north of MG but have never shot there. Will you get hassled using 30 round mags?

I second the non-harassment for using 30-round magazines at MG. Even back during the 1994-2004 ban a ranger was willing to help fix an evil ak East German 30 rounder that had a dent in it, go figure. You should be GTG using any magazine you want as long as you abide by the range rules.

TexasBob

Another day in Paradise
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 25, 2012
    Space Coast
    Started out to be a great day at MG temperature was down in the 60’s light breeze, overcast kept the sun off you. Range traffic was low only a half dozen shooters up till 11. Shortly after that all stations were full. Everyone was doing their thing having a nice day then some asshat had to keep fondling his rifle when people were down range sitting up targets. The shooter to the left of him asked him 2-3 time stop handing his rife when people were down range. The asshat started the old I shoot more at this range then you. As with most unsafe shooters other shooters had to explain to him what no handling meant. What an A$$hole :crazy:, sometime you wish Ranger Dan would drop by and pay a visit. This wasn't some kid, this guy was way down the back side of 50 and had a number of young shooters with him in their teen's and early 20's. He wasn't providing safe practices or showing good range habits to these new shooters, some people shouldn't touch guns.:tinfoil2:

Outside that I got in a couple hundred rounds and enjoyed myself now its time to cut the grass and clean my guns.

Last edited:

rickyp

Ultimate Member
    Sep 13, 2009
    I was down first thing this morning for about an hour, I got my Mossberg MVP sighted in close to where I want it. and had a few shots with my AR15 and M9 Pistol.
    Very uneventful except one woman was handling a firearm when people where down range, She was corrected very fast by another shooter. When I left at a little after 10 the range was starting to have people waiting.

Dan (from DNR) was down before 9 am checking peoples permits.

Now for a reminder that the permits expire in 5 days on 7-31-13! You can go to the website and buy them now

Morgan321

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 6, 2013
    SOMD
    Got there around lunch, many empty tables. Lots of clownshoes coming and going but no idiots. Sometimes people watching is as much fun as shooting.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Ammo availability and the heat are the 2 big factors in my mind.

No one wants to sweat like a whore in church, and spend an excessive amount of money shooting...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom