• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mcbruzdzinski

NRA Training Counselor
    Industry Partner
    Aug 28, 2007
    Catonsville MD
    I used to buy all of the beer for the club's picnics and dinners from Total Wine but have switched over to Petite Cellar (good selection, great service).

pitpawten

Ultimate Member
    Jan 28, 2013
    I'm just as fed up and disgusted with the anti's in this state as the next guy. I just don't believe there will be a meaningful impact by <insert ANYTHING>

That's the same rationale used by those who litter 'ah, my butt doesn't make any meaningful impact"

That's the same rationale used by those who dont vote 'ah, we all know in MD my vote doesn't make any meaningful impact'

That's the same rationale used by all those who have stood by and watched as others who knew better, ran the show one small "meaningless" step at a time.

:mad54:

TheBert

The Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2013
    Gaithersburg, Maryland
    Easy for you perhaps. Most our clients our left wingers, some even executive positions in Obama's cabinet and campaign. I'm not going to tout my political view just to lose a sale. Money is green.. I lost a client years ago being stupid and mentioning politics. My views directed at potential clients in no way helps me. Many if not perhaps a majority of our vendors and colleagues are staunch conservatives. We are all intelligent enough to keep it to ourselves and not inject a subject could kill a deal. So my comment is directed at Trone or Trump, they both pretty much turned off 50% of potential clients. (Well Trone, maybe 20% in this state.)

Now I understand your position.

Straightshooter

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2010
    Baltimore County
    This guy also owns the store on Lock Raven Blvd near I-695. The place is like the Meca of liquor stores but not another buck of my money will go into his cash register. My small local store can order anything he has.

All liquor stores have to use licensed distributors, so for the most part, what is available to him is available to everyone. There are a few items that are reserved only for certain clients but not many and I'm sure I can get along perfectly well without them.

MocoJed

Nov 16, 2015
    Loco Moco
    I don't think boycotting is really going to impact this guy in the grand scheme of things, but when I don't spend my money there, at least I know I can sleep better at night.

Similarly, with my particular government job, it would make more sense for me financially to vote for progressive liberals. However, my conscience does not allow me to do so.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    I'm pretty sure you missed the point or are just being thick headed. You charging your clients to pay your bills is a lot different vs paying someone else for a product. Too many places to buy alcohol to 'need' to shop there.

True, and if people feel better doing that go for it. I'm just amused how it gets turned into a political statement, boycott en masse, that could effect Trone. In Maryland no less.. :D

Honestly, I wouldn't doubt some MDS members criticizing Ben Carson if he saved the life of a prominent anti 2A parent's kid. I do expect some people here should have their family vette the ER surgeon while you are near death, and if he's an staunch anti, die instead for your soul... If the surgeon is an anti, should he have the right not to operate if he see's you came in with a NRA jacket on?

Racer Doug14

Thread killer
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Feb 22, 2013
    Millers Maryland
    He's chosen his side. To be an anti-2A'r. Then he should reap what he's sowed. I never shopped there, now I know I never will. Freedom of choice some say. I chose to give my $$ to someone else. Hey, Skip. Using the Dr anology is totally off. They don't get to chose. Maybe a dermatologist or the like. But a ER or surgeon no.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    Now I understand your position.

Position? He's not just saying he does not want to boycott.. hell that's fine..what he is saying is that no one should boycott.. which is not fine.

A very important distinction..

I call for boycotts of business unfriendly to liberty where ever practical.. the left uses its economic power to effect political change very effectively... we must do likewise..

KevinK

Ultimate Member
    Jun 24, 2008
    Carroll County, Md
    True, and if people feel better doing that go for it. I'm just amused how it gets turned into a political statement, boycott en masse, that could effect Trone. In Maryland no less.. :D

Honestly, I wouldn't doubt some MDS members criticizing Ben Carson if he saved the life of a prominent anti 2A parent's kid. I do expect some people here should have their family vette the ER surgeon while you are near death, and if he's an staunch anti, die instead for your soul... If the surgeon is an anti, should he have the right not to operate if he see's you came in with a NRA jacket on?
    If the surgeon is in a 100% private practice then yes, he should have the right to refuse service. Hippocrates might not approve. :cool:

All private business should be able to discriminate as they wish. They shouldn't want to discriminate, but it should be their right.

I read about a medical practice in FLA that banned Obama voters but I don't know if it was true.

5.56blaster

Ultimate Member
    If he were to loose say even 10% of his business income due to his anti 2A stance it would still hurt his business and I'm all for it. I will not knowingly give money to anyone that wants to disarm me. I do not help my enemy, ever! The little store around the corner that doesn't tell me his views can have my money and from the .45 he keeps in his belt I don't think he's anti 2A.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Position? He's not just saying he does not want to boycott.. hell that's fine..what he is saying is that no one should boycott.. which is not fine.

A very important distinction..

I call for boycotts of business unfriendly to liberty where ever practical.. the left uses its economic power to effect political change very effectively... we must do likewise..

You love putting words in other's mouths. If people do not want to patronize the place, where have I said not to? My comment is aimed at members thinking it has some political effect, it doesn't. The thread has naturally wandered from the OP, my reflection is on this;

I have walked into Total Wine for the last time. It's a damned shame, their stock is awesome. I have not seen one of my favorite Bourbons, Hancock's Reserve anywhere else

My opinion to the OP was to be inferred, if the store has what he wants, is convenient and no other practical alternative, boycotting does nothing to change Trone's position. Food for thought. If there is a more agreeable source for any consumer, by all means patronize them.

VG-10

Oct 5, 2012
    Calvert County
    The act of giving ANYONE your hard earned dollars... KNOWING that those dollars are going to support the war on your own COTUS Rights is counter intuitive to rational survival mentality. Advising another person to give their hard earned dollar to support the destruction of their own rights is counter to rational forethought.

Friends don't allow friends to KNOWINGLY give their money to those who seek to take away ANY of their COTUS Rights.

It is NOT about making a "Political Statement"... It is about SURVIVAL and preservation of Rights. One does not feed the fox that is robbing one's hen house. The fox gets fatter as the hens and the eggs disappear.

SPOT ON!
    Vote with your dollars! I doubt that "Total BS and More" sells anything that cant be got anywhere else. I choose to NOT feed the fox.

VG-10

Oct 5, 2012
    Calvert County
    I'm just as fed up and disgusted with the anti's in this state as the next guy. I just don't believe there will be a meaningful impact by boycotting a liquor store. True change in this state will only come through elections. Changing the current make up of the GA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok, maybe it wont. The fact that I will no longer shop there wont even register on his radar screen, I know this. But I will not help pay for the lighter he uses to set fire to the Constitution.

JJakes

Aug 26, 2015
    Thank you

For pointing out the connection. I've seen his tv ads and more recently heard his radio anti spot. I had no idea he started Total Wine. We don't go there often but we do like their selection, as they often have things closer, smaller shops do not.

No longer. I have no idea if it will make a difference to him. Makes a difference to me.

Z_Man

Ultimate Member
    May 23, 2014
    Harford County
    you need to picket his stores in states that are not enemies of the 2A. start with FL. in MD most people are of the opinion that guns are scary, and we need to do something for the children. they don't own guns, nor know the laws currently on the books, and only believe what they see on TV. around here it is a lot of people shot, and it is easy for the nieve to think, wow, if that guy didn't have a gun then the other guy wouldn't have gotten shot, thus we should be able to do something to keep that guy from getting a gun.

its a fallacy, but one that those who are ignorant could easily believe. once you learn and understand, you realize it is a farce.

the dude is probably on this because he wants to get elected. a lot of ignorant, PC, "first in line to get butthurt over something that could possibly be perceived to be offensive" dipshits live in this region, and elections are a numbers game.... so... those same dipshits get people elected. look at the MD GA and it is self explanatory.

F this guy, and vote with your dollars. im a fan of it, its the only vote that matters, as big business has been in control of the government for longer than I have been alive.

doing business with someone you disagree with is beneficial when you are taking their money. make the choice of how you spend your money, do whatever you can to put money in your own pocket.

Oct 21, 2008
    St Mary's
    Freedom of choice, we all still have that at least. I guess wearing politics on your sleeve and business just do not mix. Exactly why we don't do it here. I think Trump got dinged some on that front too.

Funny, he didn't strike me as Muslim :D

I'm just choosing to live life normally and be realistic. Boycotting a liquor store isn't changing any MD laws. If I like something I'm going to do it. I'm not making myself a slave to 24 hr politics...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You guys are wrong if you think little old me cannot change things. Down here in St Mary's there is a gun shop owner who supported John Bohannon in his bid for re-election. He's a Democrat who was anti 2A but really sneaky about it. John lost to Deb Rey and the gun shop/beer store/gas station doesn't do well.
    I can assure you that this gun shop is hurting right now. He still has his business, but I have it on pretty good authority that he does not do as well as he once did before supporting John Bohannon.

If enough people boycott them and in your case picket the store, they will learn.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    You guys are wrong if you think little old me cannot change things. Down here in St Mary's there is a gun shop owner who supported John Bohannon in his bid for re-election. He's a Democrat who was anti 2A but really sneaky about it. John lost to Deb Rey and the gun shop/beer store/gas station doesn't do well.
    I can assure you that this gun shop is hurting right now. He still has his business, but I have it on pretty good authority that he does not do as well as he once did before supporting John Bohannon.

If enough people boycott them and in your case picket the store, they will learn.

:thumbsup:

Good work my friend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom