• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    The only junk that'll ever be in my hand will be my own, you hear that CHAD!!!

:lol2:

Ewww, Lou - you got jizzed on by an abomination..., you have my sympathies.

frdfandc

Fish It
    Aug 27, 2011
    Elkton, MD
    Also a good 1911 to get (if you can find one) is a Ruger SR1911. It's priced pretty decent at $799.00

It's one I'm looking to get.

Ruger%20SR1911%206700.jpg

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    "cult-like following" ?!?!? It's only the longest serving weapon system in the US military.

And as far as the slide release, there's actually two, one small one forward of the trigger guard and a big one that sticks out past the grip when the slide locks back. As one of my instructors said, one is a fine motor skill, one is a gross motor skill. Which one do you want to train for and use in a firefight?

On the left side of the 1911 there is the round button - magazine release, above the trigger is the slide release lever and to the rear above the grip is the thumb safety. If you are refering to the mag release button, it should not release the slide when the mag is released, you should still have to manually rack the slide after inserting a fresh loaded mag.

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    I was shooting steel yesterday and the guy next to pulled out a STI, 2011 in 38 Super! Needless to say it was a conversation starter. He made my day by letting me run a magazine through it. The gun was amazing to shoot!!!

2011.jpg
    [/IMG]

Boats

Broken Member
    Mar 13, 2012
    Howeird County
    On the left side of the 1911 there is the round button - magazine release, above the trigger is the slide release lever and to the rear above the grip is the thumb safety. If you are refering to the mag release button, it should not release the slide when the mag is released, you should still have to manually rack the slide after inserting a fresh loaded mag.

:facepalm:

He was talking about the slide locking back on an empty mag and "slingshoting" or "power-stroking" the slide to bring the first round of a fresh mag into battery, which are common methods of combat reloading

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    From a purist's perspective a double stack 1911 isn't a 1911.

:D

It sure as hell isn't... I agree with you. I like the term 2011 that STI coined (IIRC). They just don't feel right... if I want a double stack .45 I'm picking up a Glock or HK.

The SIG P238 and P239 are copies of the Colt Mustang. Mags, springs, and most parts will interchange. Smores, if you try it you'll like it. If you don't you'll never know.

The Colt Mustang was patterned after the Colt 1911, single action and all.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    The SIG P238 and P239 are copies of the Colt Mustang. Mags, springs, and most parts will interchange. Smores, if you try it you'll like it. If you don't you'll never know.

Not exactly. The P239 is Sig's original 'compact' 9mm, I never really liked it. the P238 is Sig's .380, that looks like the Colt Mustang (or a baby 1911). The P938 is Sig's newest 9mm that resembles a 1911.

Interesting feature of Sig's version of the 1911 in .380 (the P238) is that you can put the safety on and still work the slide.

Anyhow, this is a 1911 thread, so I thought this little diversion was related enough. Back to pure .45 1911 land...

5750277777_8eb9a49fec_m.jpg

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church

I know I just don't like the lines of it. And I'm an official SIG hater (unless it's got a stamped slide ;)). In fact the ONLY single stack 9mm I've ever liked was the P6/225. It's one of the only guns I have sold and later came to regret having done so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom