• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    That's an interesting tactic and may have merit.

Woody

It has an extreme amount of merit. I was contemplating it in Montgomery County, then moved here. After the 2012 elections I contemplated it some more, but figured out that all my state reps are Republicans.

I am trying to get my family and friends in Montgomery County to register as Democrats. JUST VOTE AGAINST THE INCUMBENT. Keep moving them out of office so they do not get a foothold.

Montgomery County, PG County, Baltimore County, and parts of Anne Arundel, Baltimore, and Howard could also use this process. Willing to bet that where I am in Howard County will require me to eventually do this too as the cancer spreads to this area as it gets "developed" and older.

Bolts Rock

Living in Free America!
    Apr 8, 2012
    Northern Alabama
    ....unless you are registered to vote! OMG, the recent email from MSI said 40% of the people contacting one of the representatives by email were not even registered to vote! We cant vote the bums out if you are not registered! If you are not registered and are eligible, then go here:

https://voterservices.elections.state.md.us/OnlineVoterRegistration.

Do it NOW! It is VERY easy and only takes a few minutes of your time.

MSI also talked extensively about the consequences of a referendum. I completely agree with them. Dont do it! We will lose and it will make things much worse for us. We dont get to pick the wording on the referendum. Just look at the last election and the wording for the gerrymandering item. The wording was something to the effect of "do you want to vote against the constitution", really? I guarantee you that if this is ends up in a referendum vote the wording will be something like "would you like to risk the safety of your children, and kill babies, by repealing SB281".

Get registered to vote and ask your friends if they are registered.

Just my 2 cents.

Woody

OMG! We've kind of known this since mid-February.

Kagetsu

Feb 4, 2009
    ....unless you are registered to vote! OMG, the recent email from MSI said 40% of the people contacting one of the representatives by email were not even registered to vote!
    A tid bit I've heard once. If your name attached to your message in any form, is not exactly as it appears on the voter registry, it is not considered whether you're registered or not. :sad20:

rmiddle

Ultimate Member
    Sep 8, 2012
    Cleveland, TN
    ....unless you are registered to vote! OMG, the recent email from MSI said 40% of the people contacting one of the representatives by email were not even registered to vote! We cant vote the bums out if you are not registered! If you are not registered and are eligible, then go here:

MSI also talked extensively about the consequences of a referendum. I completely agree with them. Dont do it! We will lose and it will make things much worse for us. We dont get to pick the wording on the referendum. Just look at the last election and the wording for the gerrymandering item. The wording was something to the effect of "do you want to vote against the constitution", really? I guarantee you that if this is ends up in a referendum vote the wording will be something like "would you like to risk the safety of your children, and kill babies, by repealing SB281".

Just my 2 cents.

Woody

Been registered since I was 18 Years and 3 days old. It took a few days before I went to the office and filled out my paper work. I have voted for in every election since my 18th birthday. I just wish I got to vote for more winners. Most of the people I vote for end up losing. This state sucks.

Thanks
    Robert

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Register as dem so you have more influence. The antis are most vulnerable in the primary's.

I'm very encouraged about our chances of voting a few of these antis out of office. We need everyone to focus on their reps first, either support them, or oppose them. Then we need to identify a top 5 or 10 statewide for everyone to help focus on.

Do we have a top 5 list already? Priority to most staunch anti's that are vulnerable.

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland

Just my 2 cents.

Woody
    And thats the real rub when all this bull crap in most of these threads are done. But you need to add, Registered to vote...AND VOTE!

I see plenty of gun guys and gals at gun rallies in Annapolis, and gun shows, and gun stores, and sitting on their ass at their PC with all of their opinions and advice posting to this web site. But I never see enough of them going through the trouble of getting off their asses to go stand in a line to vote.

I never miss a vote and when I go and stand in line to vote what I see standing around me often makes me feel I'm by myself without others that feel as I do.

All to many gun people have no problem letting others do the heavy lifting as they stay home on election day making up the number of excuses you often here. Makes me sick.

All of the people that showed up the many times in Annapolis was great as well and very much needed. But where it is more important to show up is on election day.

And let me add this, If we DO NOT show up in Nov 2014 after SB-281, these leaders in Annapolis will know the 2A community is just full of hot air and the following sessions in Annapolis will make SB-281 look like a gift to us. However, if we do show up in Nov 2014 and many if not all of the leaders that voted for SB-281 get voted out of office and loose their jobs, then they will be more concerned with what the voter wants and not so much MOM.

But the reason they are more concerned about what MOM thinks more so then what the (2A) voter wants when it comes to 2A issues, is because they also understand that all to many 2A supporters DO NOT show up on election day.

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    Register as dem so you have more influence. The antis are most vulnerable in the primary's.

I'm very encouraged about our chances of voting a few of these antis out of office. We need everyone to focus on their reps first, either support them, or oppose them. Then we need to identify a top 5 or 10 statewide for everyone to help focus on.

Do we have a top 5 list already? Priority to most staunch anti's that are vulnerable.

Well I guess that would matter if there was a Dem to vote for that was also pro 2A. But how likely is that?

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    Been registered since I was 18 Years and 3 days old. It took a few days before I went to the office and filled out my paper work. I have voted for in every election since my 18th birthday. I just wish I got to vote for more winners. Most of the people I vote for end up losing. This state sucks.

Thanks
    Robert

This state sucks because there is not more like minded people like you that have a sense of responsibility to also insure they always vote every chance they get.

casualmadness

Man about town
    Jun 4, 2012
    VA
    Not too awfully long ago I was with several co-workers when the subject of voting came up. There were about twenty of us and one of the first voices spoke up..."I'm 38 years old and I've never voted in my life. It doesn't matter who you vote for, the system will put in place who it wants." Then another guy spoke up..."I hear you man, I don't waste my time voting. My one vote won't make any difference at all. So why bother?" Other were chiming in...all with good reasons why it's foolish to vote.

After listening for a few minutes, I kinda went off on a lot of these people. I wasn't name calling and being confrontational but I was trying to point out how ridiculous they were. One guy challenged me with..."it doesn't matter if I vote or not. Regardless of who the elected officials are, I still have to get up tomorrow and got to work, I still have to get my kid to school, I still have to pay the mortgage, the sun will still rise, birds will still chirp and nothing will change." I really wanted to punch him...

So I started presenting a great argument for why they should be voting. I mentioned how I had heard all of them bitch about high gas prices, high taxes, speed cameras, etc and many of the things they bitch about could be changed with voting and getting involved. As I was talking, I noticed more and more faces looking down at smart phones, people starting to talk to each other...one guy even took out his ipod and put ear buds in. Basically, no one wanted to hear it.

In 2008, one of my closest friends, when asked if he was going to vote for McCain or Obama he sincerely asked, "is Obama the old guy or the black guy?"

If anyone knows how to bitch slap people like this and wake them up, I'm all ears.

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    Not too awfully long ago I was with several co-workers when the subject of voting came up. There were about twenty of us and one of the first voices spoke up..."I'm 38 years old and I've never voted in my life. It doesn't matter who you vote for, the system will put in place who it wants." Then another guy spoke up..."I hear you man, I don't waste my time voting. My one vote won't make any difference at all. So why bother?" Other were chiming in...all with good reasons why it's foolish to vote.

After listening for a few minutes, I kinda went off on a lot of these people. I wasn't name calling and being confrontational but I was trying to point out how ridiculous they were. One guy challenged me with..."it doesn't matter if I vote or not. Regardless of who the elected officials are, I still have to get up tomorrow and got to work, I still have to get my kid to school, I still have to pay the mortgage, the sun will still rise, birds will still chirp and nothing will change." I really wanted to punch him...

So I started presenting a great argument for why they should be voting. I mentioned how I had heard all of them bitch about high gas prices, high taxes, speed cameras, etc and many of the things they bitch about could be changed with voting and getting involved. As I was talking, I noticed more and more faces looking down at smart phones, people starting to talk to each other...one guy even took out his ipod and put ear buds in. Basically, no one wanted to hear it.

In 2008, one of my closest friends, when asked if he was going to vote for McCain or Obama he sincerely asked, "is Obama the old guy or the black guy?"

If anyone knows how to bitch slap people like this and wake them up, I'm all ears.

I feel your pain and wish I knew.But a lazy ass that does not want to bother getting involved will always be a lazy ass.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011

Really simple, when they start to bitch about something, simply ask them if they voted and if the wrote their elected officials. When they answer "no" tell them they have no ground to stand on and bitch.

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    Really simple, when they start to bitch about something, simply ask them if they voted and if the wrote their elected officials. When they answer "no" tell them they have no ground to stand on and bitch.

You would think. But after you do that, and I have, then they bitch more about who is running to justify why they did not vote for either candidate, trying to make it sound like a justified thing by not voting.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.

Since they are coworkers your options are more limited. If friends They vote or they find new friends.

' You dishonor you self by not voting. That's your call. You dishonor me by not voting. I can take it. But you dishonor the founders,every vetrean who ever served those who serve now,and every citizen who gave is life for this country. This I can not abide.-- You are dead to me now.'

Now with coworkers you need to be less dramatic. But the first step is make sure they know that you have lost respect for them....

gotguns

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    People died to give me the freedom to vote! And I have exercised that right since my 18th birthday!
    Those that were going to lose their "handouts" weren't lazy for one day... They voted
    1 vote doesn't matter? No it doesn't: but 10,000 people thinking that? That don't exercise their right? Then it matters!
    If you didn't and don't vote? I don't want to hear you whine and cry.. Take your tissues elsewhere!
    If you did vote? Sit down... We can have a discussion

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    You would think. But after you do that, and I have, then they bitch more about who is running to justify why they did not vote for either candidate, trying to make it sound like a justified thing by not voting.

Then you remind them again that they still don't have a leg to stand on because they didn't vote. If they want the right to bitch, they have to exercise their ability to vote.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom