I’m done being unarmed in Baltimore. Watch these videos!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    Well, sometimes people have to go into the city. What then?

Like when my wife got picked for federal jury duty downtown. Something ironic about being placed in danger just for doing your civic duty because the city is so dangerous now. I was actually going to take off work just to drive her. Thankfully it was one of those ones where they got dismissed before they had to report.

Bourbonstamps

Dec 23, 2015
    27332290_10155354736251867_2807876709110032213_n.jpg

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    Do we know when this happened and where it happened in Baltimore? Is there a new story about it?

In every street.. every night..

Go to broadcastify.com and listen to the Baltimore City police scanner for 15 minutes. You’ll hear all kinds of stuff that never makes the news. If more people knew what really goes on there’d be a total freak out.

DirtyHarry45

Jun 8, 2013
    If it’s after 9pm and you need to get from point A to point B in the city, just use your Uber app and pay the $5-$7 for a ride

Feb 28, 2013
    It happens, but on a smaller scale.

I will not break the law by carrying illegally. Just not something I will risk. But I’ve talked with quite a few folks that do. They don’t give a damn about the law, and refuse to be victims. I wish I were that ballsy.

What does happen a fair amount is citizens catching thugs breaking into their cars, houses, trying to rob them, etc., and that citizen refuses to play along with their crime routine. Lots of hard hitting combat Vets and others that aren’t gonna stand by and be victims. They turn the tables and kick the crap out of the little 130# thuglifes. In the end the punks usually turn out to pretty big pussies that can’t fight worth a damn.

The work gets done, cops never get called. Doesn’t make the news. Justice, Baltimore citizen style!
    Don’t hurt my feelins one bit.

Don’t start none, won’t be none. Simple as that. Too much to ask fer young dindunuffins though.

casualmadness

Man about town
    Jun 4, 2012
    VA
    That’s the plan. I have to work there but I’m going straight from my office back to the county. Not doing anything else in the city and especially not being caught there at night

Same for me. I work in Balt. I go there straight to work in the morning, don't ever go out for lunch (I'm a daily brown bagger) leave as soon as work is over and go home. I try as hard as I can to never spend a penny in Baltimore. At most, I'll buy gas when I don't have time to fill up before work or not enough gas to get me back to VA in the evenings. F*** Baltimore and it's shady government and animals roaming the streets

jc1240

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 18, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    If you get caught, you'll lose your 2A rights. Get yourself a taser and have MSI help you get a permit.

Problem with tasers (as I know them) is there are 2 types:

1. shoots darts with long leads. Give you some distance from attacker, but one-and-done; no time to reload for more than 1 attacker

2. The personal-touch kind: need to be within arms-reach of attacker(s).

Both suck when facing multiple attackers.

Are there better alternatives?

Losing 2A rights by getting caught = "free carry permit" based on all the nolle pros. outcomes :sarcasm: :mad54:

fred2207

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 14, 2013
    PG
    last night
    time stamp on video
    300 S Ann St, Fells Point "good area"

Fells Point, "a good area at night"??? Sounds like someone is environmentally desensitized... :D My youngest daughter lives in Dale City VA and I tell her the same thing... However, she has made some adjustments: She now has a ccw and a 90lb pit bull...

BartExp

Ultimate Member
    No way that's random.

Baltimore city stats 2017:

Over 140 various incidents per day!

AGG. ASSAULT 5,784 (15 per day)
    ARSON 260
    ASSAULT BY THREAT 686
    AUTO THEFT 4,962
    BURGLARY 8,027
    COMMON ASSAULT 8,659
    HOMICIDE 341
    LARCENY 10,099
    LARCENY FROM AUTO 5,699
    RAPE 369
    ROBBERY - CARJACKING 561
    ROBBERY - COMMERCIAL 1,058
    ROBBERY - RESIDENCE 546
    ROBBERY - STREET 3,923
    SHOOTING 704
    Grand Total 51,678

https://www.baltimorepolice.org/crime-stats/open-data

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    If you get caught, you'll lose your 2A rights. Get yourself a taser and have MSI help you get a permit.

How often have you been walking around and then found yourself frisked by a cop? Compare this to the probability of running in to a criminal element in baltimore. In a pure risk assessment, it's a pretty damned easy decision to make if you must...especially when weighing consequences of both.

Amigo109

Jan 25, 2018
    Columbia MD
    The way I understand it, and this info could be dates so correct me if i'm wrong, is that reason that MD doesn't issue CCW without good ans substantial cause is that we are an open carry state. sO the argument was that since you can open carry, you don't need CCW.

BUT you can't open carry without ppl freaking out and calling the cops, then you get swarmed, detained, and possibly shot for legally carrying openly. Not to mention that open carry is a great way to let criminals know where the guns are so they can try and steal them.

We need to get unrestricted CCW and we need it now!

jc1240

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 18, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    Has the "Knock-out Game" run its course or are people still being blind-sided just for the grins and giggles of the perps?

I don't remember the city, but there was a Nest type recording of a woman getting punched while sitting on her stoop posted within the last 2 weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom