I’m done being unarmed in Baltimore. Watch these videos!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bobwilley

MD Wear/Carry Permit G19
    Feb 4, 2018
    Delmarva Peninsula
    Does Baltimore have any city specifics law on carry?

I don't go into the city often but do have a MD w&c permit

For other situations I do also have a non lethal Taser Pulse

Just don't want to get in trouble or go to jail

Adolph Oliver Bush

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 13, 2015
    **** I used to feel like you until I had some force on force training. If there are five guys and one is armed and you can’t see the other 2,3,4 - you don’t know how many there are..or if only one is armed or all of them, etc.. This is especially true if the thugs get the jump on you from behind while you are watching the one in front who is a distraction. Even knowing I was going to be “attacked” and being “ready” for it, I couldn’t even come close to drawing and shooting before I got hit HARD by someone or multiple someone’s, repeatedly if they were out of my immediate field of vision. We were using Sim ammo, foam covered sticks, plastic knife, and other “weapons”. It was very humbling. I had no problems dispatching one or two assailants if they were in front or in my field of vision, and more than 20 feet away, and they did NOT have guns. It wasn’t just me... NObody in our group even remotely came close to drawing and shooting in a distraction scenario where the main assailant came from behind and shoved them while one or more were in front. Sucks, but it was reality for me at least.

No question it would be much harder outside in the real world, even with your head on a swivel and trying to be aware of your surroundings, etc.. If you get hit first with a bat, or get shoved from behind while you are distracted watching the thug in front, you are done unless you get very very lucky and don’t get beat to crap by five more guys jumping on you.

I’m comfortable around firearms, am in well above average physical shape, and am generally aware of my surroundings. A firearm will for sure give you options if you have one on you, but don’t think you’ll take out a group of thugs if they get the jump on you.

The force on force class was a Rob Pincus class for a Personal Protection Outside the Home class btw. There’s a video of the class I was in somewhere on his Personal Defense Network site. We were all younger and he still sort of had hair back then.. :lol2:

No doubt this is all true. That said, perps are looking for victims. The problem in this state is that the perps know that (almost) no one is able to defend themselves, or what would have helped in your scenario, come to the aid of others.

Thugs perpetrate these crimes because there is very little likelihood of them being endangered. I would like for that piece of mind to go away.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    **** I used to feel like you until I had some force on force training. If there are five guys and one is armed and you can’t see the other 2,3,4 - you don’t know how many there are..or if only one is armed or all of them, etc.. This is especially true if the thugs get the jump on you from behind while you are watching the one in front who is a distraction. Even knowing I was going to be “attacked” and being “ready” for it, I couldn’t even come close to drawing and shooting before I got hit HARD by someone or multiple someone’s, repeatedly if they were out of my immediate field of vision. We were using Sim ammo, foam covered sticks, plastic knife, and other “weapons”. It was very humbling. I had no problems dispatching one or two assailants if they were in front or in my field of vision, and more than 20 feet away, and they did NOT have guns. It wasn’t just me... NObody in our group even remotely came close to drawing and shooting in a distraction scenario where the main assailant came from behind and shoved them while one or more were in front. Sucks, but it was reality for me at least.

No question it would be much harder outside in the real world, even with your head on a swivel and trying to be aware of your surroundings, etc.. If you get hit first with a bat, or get shoved from behind while you are distracted watching the thug in front, you are done unless you get very very lucky and don’t get beat to crap by five more guys jumping on you.

I’m comfortable around firearms, am in well above average physical shape, and am generally aware of my surroundings. A firearm will for sure give you options if you have one on you, but don’t think you’ll take out a group of thugs if they get the jump on you.

The force on force class was a Rob Pincus class for a Personal Protection Outside the Home class btw. There’s a video of the class I was in somewhere on his Personal Defense Network site. We were all younger and he still sort of had hair back then.. :lol2:

The problem is learned group behavior. The animals in Baltimore have known for generations that their victims would mostly be unarmed and defenseless. This has caused them to become more brazen and violent. If/when things change and average citizens are allowed to defend themselves I think eventually, after some of the violent sociopaths start getting ventilated on the street, the survivors will take their violence down a notch or two out of self preservation. it'll take a long time to reverse the trend, sort of like evolution.

jc1240

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 18, 2013
    Westminster, MD

Someone posted some Nest cam video of just that. Guy walking down the street encounters a dirt bag; victim doesn't give in, and eventually 3 or 4 of dirt bag's fellow dirt bags come from various angles to help their buddy.

Tebonski

Jan 23, 2013
    Harford County
    If these victims vote democrat I have zero sympathy for them. In fact, many skin privileged victims almost condone their attackers violence. Bizarre.

Stay out of the city if you can.

NatBoh

Ultimate Member
    Jan 4, 2012
    Baltimore
    If these victims vote democrat I have zero sympathy for them. In fact, many skin privileged victims almost condone their attackers violence. Bizarre.

Stay out of the city if you can.

True that many folks here excuse away the criminal acts of these thugs.

However, no one deserves to be attacked and violated—regardless of their political persuasion and voting habits. Plenty of good folks I know here are Democrats, and I consider several as good friends. It would sicken me for any of them to be harmed.

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    Concealed permit or not, there are still many parts of Baltimore where I wouldn't want to go. Especially at night.

Or even in the day. I tried to avoid stadium traffic going south on 83 one day, I thought I had entered some kind of post apocalyptic scenario. I barely slowed down at the stop signs. Some kids on motorcycles followed me for a bit and people approached my car at most intersections, probably to sell me drugs or threaten me. I got my bearings and got the hell out of there. I am still in awe that places like that exist in America.

Another time in West Baltimore around 11am kids put a cinder block in front of my car to stop me. I just ran over it and kept going. I lived in Baltimore for about 9 years and try to avoid going back.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    And for the newbies the man carrying in the video was a Maryland State Delegate at the time this happened.

I should have added a disclaimer. This was staged to show the legislature an example of what would likely happen.

Of course, this response would be totally different in many other jurisdictions...

winch

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2011
    Towson
    I agree with the OP 100%. The .gov has disarmed us and if we try to protect ourselves we find that we are on the wrong side of the law. This is utter BS.

Cyndi59

Derwood

Ultimate Member
    Jun 2, 2011
    DC area
    You seriously believe this?? The thugs would have most likely ran away if the guy pulled a gun out. Only 1 was armed, and do you really think the others would still fight when their buddy's brains are on the street. Even if they were all armed, I would take those chances.

I will not put my life in someone else's hands, I'm not going to just hope they don't shoot me. I'm going to take out anyone that threatens my life

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Yes. And several others pointed out why. Like I said, I moved out of MD and have a permit. Whether it's advisable or possible to use it in a crisis is another story.

wabbit

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2010
    Hold it, I'm confused. :confused: Aren't these people the oppressed minorities who are suffering under Trumps racist government and need social justice? All they're doing is redistributing the wealth from the rich white guy to the disenfranchised. What's the problem here? :rolleyes:

Zorros

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2017
    Metropolis
    Does Baltimore have any city specifics law on carry?

I don't go into the city often but do have a MD w&c permit

For other situations I do also have a non lethal Taser Pulse

Just don't want to get in trouble or go to jail

Sub jurisdiction can’t preempt state law on guns. If u have ccw be sure you are within the scope of the license via restrictions whereever you are.

Bisleyfan44

Ultimate Member
    Jan 11, 2008
    Wicomico
    If these victims vote democrat I have zero sympathy for them.

Agreed.

However, no one deserves to be attacked and violated—regardless of their political persuasion and voting habits. Plenty of good folks I know here are Democrats, and I consider several as good friends. It would sicken me for any of them to be harmed.

Sorry, but if these "good folks" you're referring to keep electing people who deny myself, my friends, my family, and others the ability to defend ourselves, they get what they get. Actions have consequences. If they were to survive an attack, perhaps their voting habits would change. But I doubt it.

NatBoh

Ultimate Member
    Jan 4, 2012
    Baltimore
    Agreed.

Sorry, but if these "good folks" you're referring to keep electing people who deny myself, my friends, my family, and others the ability to defend ourselves, they get what they get. Actions have consequences. If they were to survive an attack, perhaps their voting habits would change. But I doubt it.

Agreed on the voting part of your comment. These mush-heads just can’t get it through their heads that the Democrats have built a modern slave plantation that keeps blacks in a permanent underclass. And they continue to buy into the lie that these politicians care about these folks, when in reality they leverage this state of affairs for their political and career advancement.

That said, no one deserves to become a victim of violent crime. As one who believes in personal responsibility and accountability for one’s actions, I put the blame solely on the criminal who commits the act.

Zorros

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2017
    Metropolis
    Sure seems it. That was the real sherrif and a deputy? Or actors? Real cars? A waste of tax payer’s money. To what end. If he was so sure that”testimony” of gansler, really in court ramblings, authorized the action, why wasn’t it loaded.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom