• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Silent Partner

Nov 18, 2015
    The Hereford Zone
    This is obscene, SoS get the peasants to jump through hoops to help protect us from what ?
    The MSP should have better things to do. Just give the man his unrestricted permit and go do it.

Hattie

Sep 18, 2012
    So, is it your testimony, Trooper, that each and every officer within the state of Maryland who might stop the applicant for any given reason on any given day is knowledgeable of his alleged ability to contact MSP for clarification on restrictions; actually has the ability to make such contact 24 hours a day seven days a week and actually reach a knowledgeable person; and is under an obligation to take those steps before making an arrest?

Hattie

Sep 18, 2012
    And doesn't your acknowledgement that such a contact might ever have to be made actually prove that the restriction in question is vague and ambiguous?

Hattie

Sep 18, 2012
    And now the suggestion that the Board stick to facts and not concern itself with legal standards?

What?

Hattie

Sep 18, 2012
    Intent to conduct classes alone should be enough. Otherwise he has all the risks and no protection until he does as many classes as MSP thinks is "enough."

GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!
    That's BS... I applied as an instructor NRA and Maryland Certified and asked for my restrictions to be removed. I was told NO at during an informal interview. This trooper said he wouldn't have a problem giving an unrestricted permit To MX. , if they had the info. Double Standards for sure, but the Trooper was under oath... so I can use that...

CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012
    That's BS... I applied as an instructor NRA and Maryland Certified and asked for my restrictions to be removed. I was told NO at during an informal interview. This trooper said he wouldn't have a problem giving an unrestricted permit To MX. , if they had the info. Double Standards for sure, but the Trooper was under oath... so I can use that...

Your problem was you relied on the advice and integrity of a Maryland State Trooper.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Pureblood

Latest threads

Top Bottom