• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LCPIWB

Needs an avatar
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 17, 2011
    Underneath the blimp, Md.
    I finally got a call back from the nice Lieutenant with the Capitol Police this afternoon. She apologized for the actions of the officer on duty and assured me that he would be spoken to about his dealings with the public.

I asked her specifically about the DL reader and in summary the reader is a convenience for the officer in generating the passes that attach to your garment. It is absolutely not mandatory that you have your ID scanned. Their procedure is to make sure that your picture ID, whatever that may be, matches your mug. If the officer at the desk tells you otherwise tell the officer to call their supervisor.

The Lt assured me that all on this detail would be given updated training to reflect this procedure. We report, you decide.

Thanks for the follow-up.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    I finally got a call back from the nice Lieutenant with the Capitol Police this afternoon. She apologized for the actions of the officer on duty and assured me that he would be spoken to about his dealings with the public.

I asked her specifically about the DL reader and in summary the reader is a convenience for the officer in generating the passes that attach to your garment. It is absolutely not mandatory that you have your ID scanned. Their procedure is to make sure that your picture ID, whatever that may be, matches your mug. If the officer at the desk tells you otherwise tell the officer to call their supervisor.

The Lt assured me that all on this detail would be given updated training to reflect this procedure. We report, you decide.

Thank you for placing the call!

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012

You may be in for a cavity search the next time.:D

Glad you lodged a complaint and glad the Capitol Police handled it professionally.:thumbsup:

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    As long as they insist that we sign the Frosh Book at the front door with our actual names, we have an issue.

If they look the other way when we scrawl Andrew Jackson, OK. However if they want our names then they are violating our rights to observe public govt functions anonymously.

I am not going to let this go.

CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012
    Maybe Mad Moms will bus in 50 homeless people without ID, who are paid $10 if they attend the next meeting?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

ShafTed

Ultimate Member
    Mar 21, 2013
    Juuuuust over the line
    They have had at least one representative there for the last 4-5 meetings.

The sock puppet boy who got and earful from R&R before a meeting has tagged out and since been replaced by a doey eyed female....

Technically, neither of those were Moms Desperate for Attention, they're both Marylanders to Prevent Guns.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom