• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Every time I hear these cases, it reminds me of arguing with my father when I was in my teens. I can't recall that ever panning out well for me.

CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012
    The following core values will guide the conduct of all Maryland State Police:

INTERGITY:
    Employees will:
    a. uphold the public trust by being honest; and
    b. maintain the highest ethical standards and a moral character.

FAIRNESS
    Employees will:
    a. treat every person with respect and dignity in an unbiased, courteous and professional manner;
    b. remain in control and respond appropriately when dealing with a citizen or an MSP employee; and
    c. protect the constitutional rights of all persons through impartial enforcement of the law.

SERVICE
    Employees will:
    a. provide dedicated and compassionate assistance to all persons;
    b. promote leadership, cooperation and assistance to fellow employees, allied agencies and other governmental entities;
    c. strive to improve the service we provide, the quality of life in the communities we serve and the relationships we have with the community; and
    d. obey all Maryland State Police policies.

Source: ADM 02.01

How many times has the Board admonished the MSP for failing to follow the law and their own policies?

CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012
    "Security Issues"?

As of October 1, 2016 MD law (HB1016 CH0619 http://mgaleg.maryland.gov/webmga/frmMain.aspx?pid=billpage&stab=02&id=hb1016&tab=subject3&ys=2016RS) requires that all police agencies make their policies and directives accessible on-line to the public.

"3–515.
    EXCEPT AS PROVIDED IN SUBSECTION (B) OF THIS SECTION, EACHLAW ENFORCEMENT AGENCY SHALL POST ALL OF THE OFFICIAL POLICIES OF THE LAWENFORCEMENT AGENCY, INCLUDING PUBLIC COMPLAINT PROCEDURES AND COLLECTIVEBARGAINING AGREEMENTS:
    (1) ON THE WEB SITE OF THE MARYLAND POLICE TRAINING ANDSTANDARDS COMMISSION; AND
    (2) ON THE AGENCY’S OWN WEB SITE, IF THE AGENCY MAINTAINS AWEB SITE.
    (B) A CHIEF MAY PROHIBIT THE POSTING UNDER THIS SECTION OFADMINISTRATIVE OR OPERATIONAL POLICIES THAT IF DISCLOSED WOULD JEOPARDIZEOPERATIONS OR CREATE A RISK TO PUBLIC OR OFFICER SAFETY, INCLUDING POLICIESRELATED TO HIGH–RISK PRISONER TRANSPORT SECURITY MEASURES, OPERATIONAL RESPONSETO ACTIVE SHOOTERS, OR THE USE OF CONFIDENTIAL INFORMANTS."

From the MSP web site (http://mdsp.maryland.gov/Pages/Downloads.aspx).
    "MSP Policies can be found HERE https://www.dropbox.com/sh/9bxcpzmqr0oya2k/AAC6528ydnbPahTHPJp5DFGca?dl=0​"

Can you trust the Maryland State Police to tell the truth about anything... even under oath?
    Shouldn't we be able to?

If the Board must adjourn to closed session, ONLY the part dealing with "security Issues" should be discussed in closed session. The rest, including public policy debate and vote should and by law must be held in open session.

http://www.marylandattorneygeneral.gov/OpenGov Documents/Openmeetings/COMPLIANCE_CHECKLIST .pdf

woodstock

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jun 28, 2009
    THIS~~~>>> is the problem. **d. obey all Maryland State Police policies. laws handed down by the inept and incompetent.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    :facepalm: If we could only win all three branches next Tuesday, all this nonsense could end.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom