• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater
    I was very glad they made the right choice for the disabled veteran tonight. If they hadn't, there might have been a riot, at least as far as I'm concerned. And I think they made the right choice to uphold some of MSP's decisions. There's still lots of work to do and lots of progress to be made, but it seems as though things are moving, however slowly, in the right direction.

I hope I live long enough to get my own unrestricted permit in MD, although I am realistic about my chances (you know them... little and none).

Good to see everyone tonight! Keep the faith, brothers. :D

moojersey

Sic Semper Tyrannis
    Sep 7, 2013
    Cecil County
    White just showed up, any chances this guy had have gone out the window.....

No friend of the 2A that's for sure....

Is Marcus Brown back in charge of the MSP? This is a step backwards to what is was like before.

I've noticed past few meetings have taken a bit of a nose dive.

Here we go. Doctor West is going to say using narcotics is grounds to be denied.

:lol2:

Can we get a countdown timer of when White and West's term is up?

Not soon enough.

I was very glad they made the right choice for the disabled veteran tonight. If they hadn't, there might have been a riot, at least as far as I'm concerned. And I think they made the right choice to uphold some of MSP's decisions. There's still lots of work to do and lots of progress to be made, but it seems as though things are moving, however slowly, in the right direction.

I hope I live long enough to get my own unrestricted permit in MD, although I am realistic about my chances (you know them... little and none).

Good to see everyone tonight! Keep the faith, brothers. :D

Process and decisions still seems pretty subjective to the HPRB's opinions. There is still a refusal to define absolutes when it comes to what is G & S.

I'm not really happy in the direction it seems to be going to be honest. Seems to be taking a bit of a nose dive and walking back a bit. Good for this guy, but not really great overall.

rambling_one

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Bowie, MD
    I was very glad they made the right choice for the disabled veteran tonight.

It's a damned shame any of us have to grovel, but it affects me harder when I see a disabled combat veteran being put in that position. The Board was correct to overturn MSP.

Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater
    Five hearings, two upheld and three overturned.

Anybody notice what type of badge the guy who was first up was wearing on his waist?

I think it was a Crackerjack Dumbass badge. Whatever they were, I'm sure they didn't help his case.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    I think it was a Crackerjack Dumbass badge. Whatever they were, I'm sure they didn't help his case.

Rent-A-Cop badge maybe? Like WalMart Security or something?

I'm glad that they saw fit to help a disabled person defend home and self. Notice I didn't say Vet. Disabled is disabled, whether it's from tripping over a step at Giant or service-related - it's all the same disability in the final analysis.

BTW. anyone know where the latest Daesh hit list is on the web?

New ISIS ‘Kill’ List Claims To Target Thousands Of Americans
    http://www.vocativ.com/326931/new-isis-kill-list-claims-to-target-thousands-of-americans/

According to the article there's an outside chance one or more of us could be on it. Maybe someone could forward it to Knaub and W&W.

GAL700

Jun 8, 2016
    AA County
    2nd case, msp upheld denial stands 3-1 majority vote.

3rd case up.

Hello all that was me...:(. I met a few of you guys there which was nice, that seemed to be the highlight of the night for me at least. I was pretty shocked that I was denied especially following the first case.What a mess that was. Looking back I probably should have had an open session, I think the scrutiny of an open session could have helped me. Unfortunately I had no way of determining or controlling how much personal info would be posted on the interweb. That being said I am seeking to possibly take this to court. Would you ladies and gents know of a pro 2nd amendment attorney I could contact.

Thanks again for the warm welcome last night.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Hello all that was me...:(. I met a few of you guys there which was nice, that seemed to be the highlight of the night for me at least. I was pretty shocked that I was denied especially following the first case.What a mess that was. Looking back I probably should have had an open session, I think the scrutiny of an open session could have helped me. Unfortunately I had no way of determining or controlling how much personal info would be posted on the interweb. That being said I am seeking to possibly take this to court. Would you ladies and gents know of a pro 2nd amendment attorney I could contact.

Thanks again for the warm welcome last night.

I remember you, welcome to MDS!

Check out the IP section, couple of fine 2A Attorneys listed over there.

Regardless of what happens we hope you'll stick around and contribute here.

GAL700

Jun 8, 2016
    AA County
    Where you the gentleman sitting to my left ? Yup here to stay brotha, i have been lurking long enough. In regards to my hearing one board member was hung up on the fact that when I travel in and out of DC I wouldn't have a right to conceal carry. I stated my concern was being in MD since my home address and employer was exposed in the OPM leak. I cited the NIST employee and direct threats by ISIS/ISIL towards our primary mission and I still got denied.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Where you the gentleman sitting to my left ? Yup here to stay brotha, i have been lurking long enough. In regards to my hearing one board member was hung up on the fact that when I travel in and out of DC I wouldn't have a right to conceal carry. I stated my concern was being in MD since my home address and employer was exposed in the OPM leak. I cited the NIST employee and direct threats by ISIS/ISIL towards our primary mission and I still got denied.

You have good grounds for the appeal.

As much as the MDSP decisions are largely arbitrary, the HPRB seem to me to be just a tiny notch up from that. Which in the aggregate, I guess how its intended to be.

Good luck to you!

GAL700

Jun 8, 2016
    AA County
    You have good grounds for the appeal.

As much as the MDSP decisions are largely arbitrary, the HPRB seem to me to be just a tiny notch up from that. Which in the aggregate, I guess how its intended to be.

Good luck to you!

Thank you sir.

I was hoping not to hire an attorney. Who knows how much I will need to come out of pocket for this. It's very frustrating especially when my wife and I both work for the same agency and sacrifice a lot for this country. Whilst the state of MD leaves you to fend for yourself. She was LEO for 13 yrs up to a month ago. I am only sharing to possibly help others with my situation.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    Thank you sir.

I was hoping not to hire an attorney. Who knows how much I will need to come out of pocket for this. It's very frustrating especially when my wife and I both work for the same agency and sacrifice a lot for this country. Whilst the state of MD leaves you to fend for yourself. She was LEO for 13 yrs up to a month ago. I am only sharing to possibly help others with my situation.
    She qualifies for LEOSA so she won't need a regular Maryland permit.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    Thank you sir.

Why was she not given a MD permit? It is within their arbitrary 1 yr mark to apply for a retired LEO permit.

moojersey

Sic Semper Tyrannis
    Sep 7, 2013
    Cecil County

Greetings and welcome.

It is none of that HPRB board members business or concern what happens or any particulars of your travel in and out of Washington DC.

Their job is to evaluate you in regard to a MARYLAND PERMIT.

They should only be evaluating you for "qualifications" for MARYLAND.

Who is to say you don't already have or will not soon obtain a DC permit.

And honestly it is NONE of that board members business if you have a DC permit or not.

The HPRB is quickly turning into another BOARD OF OPINIONS.

mcbruzdzinski

NRA Training Counselor
    Industry Partner
    Aug 28, 2007
    Catonsville MD
    BAM! , 9th Circuit

From Peruta:

"
    We do not reach the question whether the Second
    Amendment protects some ability to carry firearms in public,
    such as open carry. That question was left open by the
    Supreme Court in Heller, and we have no need to answer it