• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Watch out for Lou, he forgot his p*ss bucket and he's feeling ornery. :lol2:

But he did have a bunch of SIGs out on one of his tables. :thumbsup:

I think I saw Sara Palin working the counter at Lou's booth, but in person she looks more like a Hispanic guy with arm tats. :lol2::lol2:

JailHouseLiar

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 26, 2013
    Timonium, Maryland
    All I got was a really nice unissued Polish AK bayonet and some unissued Hungarian AK mags with a pouch.

Cool show, worth going. Saw a few Tavors for $2,000. That's at least a good price before sales tax. Shooter's Discount had good stuff, and South Carroll Sporting Goods had good stuff.

That's a fair price. I may go Sunday in search of reloading stuff and maybe some ammo cans, drop by and donate to MSI.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      104.3 KB · Views: 424

lkenefic

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    Only one table with AR15 uppers? Anyone catch any prices? I'm looking for an inexpensive build before the deadline.

K3LAG

Was there at 0820. Left at about 1030. I bought some parts I needed to finish a AR build, one box of .38 special ammo and a Tavor.

Prices weren't as outrageous as they have been at some times recently, but weren't fantastic either.

The Tavor is probably my last pre 10/1 purchase. I didn't really 'need' one, but I had the money so I figured I'd get it while I could. Payed list price for it.

Larry

Arcamm

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    I think I saw Sara Palin working the counter at Lou's booth, but in person she looks more like a Hispanic guy with arm tats. :lol2::lol2:

Yea, I saw the Hispanic hippie too. Lou was in his usual position, hunched over over a stack of paper work. I couldn't get close enough to even shout out any obscene comments. Lou said he was going all out and I saw stuff on his tables that I've never seen in the shop. Heck, he had a Colt Gold Cup there.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Was there at 0820. Left at about 1030. I bought some parts I needed to finish a AR build, one box of .38 special ammo and a Tavor.

Prices weren't as outrageous as they have been at some times recently, but weren't fantastic either.

The Tavor is probably my last pre 10/1 purchase. I didn't really 'need' one, but I had the money so I figured I'd get it while I could. Payed list price for it.

Larry

So...$2000 for the Tavor? Was that a cash price plus 3% for using a credit card?

Pale Ryder

Ultimate Member
    Jan 12, 2009
    Millersville
    I was there around noon, a little crowded, not as bad as I was expecting. Since I wasn't looking for any EBR's or parts I was in and out kind of quick. Found one thing on my list, a Benchmade Griptillian.

Hi-Torque

Jan 16, 2013
    Finksburg
    Only one table with AR15 uppers? Anyone catch any prices? I'm looking for an inexpensive build before the deadline.

I didn't ask about the unmarked ones, but the prices I saw were all over a G. They may have had a cheaper rack, but I didn't see many uppers. I will say they were fancy full floating uppers which i'd expect to be in that range, but no inexpensive ones.

If you're looking for inexpensive, this was not the show, the selection just wasn't there. Doubtful Timonium will be any better. If you need a lower go and get one now, there will be an enormous assortment of uppers at Chantilly the last weekend of this month if you can wait.

Hi-Torque

Jan 16, 2013
    Finksburg
    Lou had Romanian PSL's for $950 with 4 mags and a scope. They were really nice, if you need a big bore AK variant that eats cheap ammo.

Heck they were probably the cheapest "AK" there. Not many AK's at the show overall, most were priced significantly above retail. If you haven't gotten an AK yet, the internet is your best bet.

Dan44

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 5, 2008
    I met Lawyer56 and was given a MD Shooters hat, thank you again. Over all prices were wayyyy too high. A couple of weeks ago I went to an out of State show and prices were way better. I saw a few deals, there were two dealers selling Tavors, with a lefty at a $100 bump over right handed. But I still enjoyed the show.

lkenefic

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    I didn't ask about the unmarked ones, but the prices I saw were all over a G. They may have had a cheaper rack, but I didn't see many uppers. I will say they were fancy full floating uppers which i'd expect to be in that range, but no inexpensive ones.

If you're looking for inexpensive, this was not the show, the selection just wasn't there. Doubtful Timonium will be any better. If you need a lower go and get one now, there will be an enormous assortment of uppers at Chantilly the last weekend of this month if you can wait.

Thanks for the heads up! I'll be on the Appalachian Trail with my son's scout troop the last weekend of the month, but I'll probably pick one up mail order sooner... PSA perhaps...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom