• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • browning guy

SCRUFFY NERF HERDER
    Dec 10, 2009
    Essex
    ok,

while I have lord Chads attention.

Lord Chad I bought the wife a colt m4,socom for Christmas What do you recomend We do it ensure its long life and reliability for my sweet little wife.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    ok,

Lord Chad I bought the wife a colt m4,socom for Christmas What do you recomend We do it ensure its long life and reliability for my sweet little wife.

Use Miltec and convert it to piston-driven... :innocent0

(I'm going to hell for that one. :innocent6: )

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    ok,

YHM suppresor mount for your cans. BCM Gunfighter or Gasbuster, Trigger Job or Gieslle Trigger and some lightweight optics.

Sirex

Powered by natural gas
    Oct 30, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    I can't say for the AK, but for my .300, it was done to be gentler on the brass since I reload and to smooth out the action.

I could imagine it'd take a fair deal of the grit and drag out of the AK's action as well, but I haven't tried a tuned-up AK, so I can only imagine.

It's gentler on brass? Well, my AK is an AK308, so I use a decent amout of brass I guess. I don't reload, but I save the brass for friend who does. Did you notice much difference in operation after done? I may have my AK308 done up nice like that, I was just wondering if the coating was removed off the bolt carrier, it would help any corrosion speed up? I oil it pretty good but I figure it's always possibly for oil to dry up, slip off, etc. I had given thought to maybe dropping off my rifle at my gunsmith for a reliability enhancement tune up, to make it as smooth and reliable as possible. Others just say it's an AK it, doesn't need and tune up, they are reliable enough. Looks great though:thumbsup:

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    The bottom of the BCG being polished like that doesn't get the transfer of brass from cycling and stripping a fresh round like my other BCG gets. The face of the extractor is also polished, I've noticed less markings on the rim from the extractor riding onto the rim during chambering - which seems to be easier on the brass. The bottom 3 lugs of the bolt are polished, which does seem to smooth out the feel during lock-up.

Compared to my other AR's, the 300BLK (the one Chad worked on) does seem to have the smoothest action and leave the least markings on spent brass.

So to me, it was worth it. As for the corrosion aspect, I have yet to see any type of corrosion at all.

browning guy

SCRUFFY NERF HERDER
    Dec 10, 2009
    Essex
    The bottom of the BCG being polished like that doesn't get the transfer of brass from cycling and stripping a fresh round like my other BCG gets. The face of the extractor is also polished, I've noticed less markings on the rim from the extractor riding onto the rim during chambering - which seems to be easier on the brass. The bottom 3 lugs of the bolt are polished, which does seem to smooth out the feel during lock-up.

Compared to my other AR's, the 300BLK (the one Chad worked on) does seem to have the smoothest action and leave the least markings on spent brass.

So to me, it was worth it. As for the corrosion aspect, I have yet to see any type of corrosion at all.

Honestly lord chad did a great polish job on my ar in 260 Remington and it had a noticeable effect on my brass all the scares and gouges from mag to action transfer were gone. He also did a polish job on my rpk and the action is much smoother. I have not had any corrosion issues and each guns have hundreds of rounds shot each range session . I honestly wish I could get him to do two more rifles.

Nemesis

Russian Grizzly Adams
    Oct 3, 2009
    Martinsburg, WV

polished steel actually resists oxidation pretty well, so i doubt you will ever really see any problems out of it.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Honestly lord chad did a great polish job on my ar in 260 Remington and it had a noticeable effect on my brass all the scares and gouges from mag to action transfer were gone. He also did a polish job on my rpk and the action is much smoother. I have not had any corrosion issues and each guns have hundreds of rounds shot each range session . I honestly wish I could get him to do two more rifles.

Ill do whatever you need after I finish your Buckmarks.

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    Yea, that makes me wonder did you ever get the camel poop out of your dirka dirka limp dick Ak???

( you back from rat world)

The AK is sitting like a depressed little bitch until I can meet up with Sweetpants. (Chad). It keeps crying every night in muddled Russian/Arabic "please fix me"

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom