• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BradyWarrior

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 13, 2014
    Maryland
    Did I ever say that those people are any better?

A gun owner MIGHT be an asset to our side, but just because they saw the light and bought one, does NOT make them an asset for our side.

Some WILL become 2A supports, others will NOT.

I agree with you. I should have suggested that they are perhaps more likely to be an asset on 2A issues, but it's no guarantee. I guess I just didn't consider the existence of well heeled fudd handgun owners from Bethesda. But you are right.

In any event, I still think it's better for us because it helps Maryland's FFLs if people are buying. I'm not suggesting that you agree or disagree with that notion. Just sharing my opinion.

Last edited:

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    I haven't crunched the numbers, but from the most recent PIA request, add up the totals for Security Guard, Special Police, Private Investagator ( different from Private Detective), and Armored Car Driver/ Guard as a percentage of overall W&C Permits. Some of those are gun people. Some of those might be allowed by employer to use personally owned weapons, but all are offered employer provided weapons, and many are required to only use employer provided weapons.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Agreed, that the more that buy, the more it helps the local dealers.

And SOME of those, MIGHT end up being supporters.

My point is, don't count them all as supporters.

Broncolou

Jan 22, 2013
    Parkton MD
    Just spit balling but I would approximate those with HQL would most likely get a carry permit so while 95 % might (Laughing) be legit it does not represent the ones that would apply if they would get one. I would like the number of HQL w/o permit as when you get a permit you get an HQL.

NOBODY
    You still have to apply/recieve an HQL even if you have a CCW, You just get the fee's waived but can use your previous livescan info and backround check as long as it is recent(not sure how recent,I did mine a month apart)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Noha

Latest threads

Top Bottom