How I got into Full Auto Cheap but still have a nice gun!

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    +1. Yes you can. I have a brand new one sitting at home. Just waiting for my M10/9 to be approved.

So can you get a 45ACP upper for the same receiver? I just have never looked into it. It would be pretty cool to be able to shoot 9mm or 45acp. Yeah 45acp is a bit more but it would be like having two SMGs. That might even make you want it over the M11/9. Same throughts on the M11 in 380. If you can shoot 9mm and 380... does have some advantage over the M11.

rsideout

MDS Supporter
    Dec 11, 2009
    MD - Capital Region
    So can you get a 45ACP upper for the same receiver? I just have never looked into it. It would be pretty cool to be able to shoot 9mm or 45acp. Yeah 45acp is a bit more but it would be like having two SMGs. That might even make you want it over the M11/9. Same throughts on the M11 in 380. If you can shoot 9mm and 380... does have some advantage over the M11.

Yep, with a standard M10 receiver. Mine has the 9mm Uzi mag & grip conversion done by Sam at Practical Solutions. So I'm not sure about going back to a .45 upper with this conversion. But with a stock M10, it should be easy.

BTW, Eric's new MG is a stock M10.

booker

Apr 5, 2008
    Baltimore
    I love threads like this, and I'll tell you why.

There's that nagging fear among those who don't know or don't understand full auto firearms that they are dangerous, criminal, etc. There are firearms enthusiasts who think owning FA firearms is illegal, out of reach, only for big-time dealers and gurus.

That there are a good number of law-abiding citizens who responsibly and safely own these fully automatic firearms is solid evidence that in reality, the inanimate objects themselves pose no threat, and blaming or regulating objects based on the decision and actions of people is a non-starter, both socially and in legislature.

Was it Nugent who said, "if guns cause crime, mine are defective" ?

Also, many think owning these firearms are beyond their means, when in reality, many people easily spend more per year on cigarettes, alcohol, or an expensive wristwatch.

HardHatMan

FBHO
    Jul 14, 2009
    Virginia
    I love threads like this, and I'll tell you why.

There's that nagging fear among those who don't know or don't understand full auto firearms that they are dangerous, criminal, etc. There are firearms enthusiasts who think owning FA firearms is illegal, out of reach, only for big-time dealers and gurus.

That there are a good number of law-abiding citizens who responsibly and safely own these fully automatic firearms is solid evidence that in reality, the inanimate objects themselves pose no threat, and blaming or regulating objects based on the decision and actions of people is a non-starter, both socially and in legislature.

Was it Nugent who said, "if guns cause crime, mine are defective" ?

Also, many think owning these firearms are beyond their means, when in reality, many people easily spend more per year on cigarettes, alcohol, or an expensive wristwatch.

I agree. I always thought that I would never be able to get into the F/A world unless I hit the lotto. Now knowing how relatively cheap some of the guns cost, I think I might take the dive in the next year or two and get a buzz gun.

I was reading an article in Shotgun News a while ago about class 3 toys. I think it said that there are 250,000 MG's that exist and can be transferred to citizens. It was a higher number than I thought.

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    Yeah MG owners are the most law abiding people around... because we have the most to lose!

When I bought my first gun (Ruger 10-22) at 20, I had no idea I would be buying my first MG at 26 or 27 years old. Yeah it seemed like a big step, but it was really not that big. Having bought a SBR and a suppressor, I found the MG to be much more worth the trouble. I tell people all the time, affording a MG is like owning three other quality guns. Then they say oh I can't afford to feed it. Well I also found I would rather shoot less and enjoy it more. So you will not be shooting it every weekend but when you do, you will enjoy it that much more!

However it is a big step. I would say, come out with us and Qualify. If you don't know a MG is what you want after your second time behind the trigger... then maybe its not for you! After shooting my first MG (a MP5) I knew 100% that that was were my gun collecting was going!

Oh and so you guys know, I am not one of these guys that is only a MG shooter. I have black powder rifles and pistols... shotguns, bolt and semi rifles, revolvers and pistols. About the only thing I have not owned is a lever gun... and I have my eye on one.

dwnthehatch

10-32
    Nov 6, 2007
    Kent Island
    It was a good Christmas for me. My M11/nine is waiting for my form 4 to come back and my Max-11 upper came in today. I will have plenty of time to decide on a stock for it. Richard Lage stated they are releasing a new stock very soon.

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    I will have plenty of time to decide on a stock for it. Richard Lage stated they are releasing a new stock very soon.

I just got the side fold stock for Christmas so I have the high mount solid stock that Richard makes for sale... I will knock a few bucks off the retail price and no shipping if you make it to our shoots.

rsideout

MDS Supporter
    Dec 11, 2009
    MD - Capital Region
    The standard side fold stock from Lage works fine IF you use a sight such as an EOTech. It does not work that well for a lower sight, such as the stock metal sights. The cheek weld is too high for the stock metal sights.

Attachments

• MAC-109.jpg
      MAC-109.jpg
      96.2 KB · Views: 334

dwnthehatch

10-32
    Nov 6, 2007
    Kent Island
    What kind of stock is this?

I'm not sure. Jackie Lage just told me a new one was in the works when I called in with my credit card to pay for the upper.

I just got the side fold stock for Christmas so I have the high mount solid stock that Richard makes for sale... I will knock a few bucks off the retail price and no shipping if you make it to our shoots.

I may have to take you op on your offer. I sent in my form 4 last week so it will be a while before I make it to a shoot.

rsideout

MDS Supporter
    Dec 11, 2009
    MD - Capital Region
    I may have to take you op on your offer. I sent in my form 4 last week so it will be a while before I make it to a shoot.

You're welcome to join us at a shoot, once you pass the full auto qualification. This is required by AGC for anyone who shoots full auto at a TCA shoot. There is usually a MAC or two at our shoots. And you are welcome to give mine a try.

coopermania

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 20, 2011
    Indiana
    Ha ha Scar i must be alittle older than you, I bought my macs for 185 each if you bought 3 or more. I wish i would have bought a suitcase back then for one of them. That was back when i bought my DCM garand for 121.50 if i remember correctly. M16s and MP5s were about 4 to 700 bucks. Sarco had adds for M60s new in box for 2000. I was a lucky young man, three guys i grew up with became sales reps with Colt, H & K and FN international. two other friends worked for Art Cook at his wholesale gun supply, its good to have friends and access to their sales samples when they are done with them. But like you the college funds are now more importiant that new toys. I bought well when i was young but i wish i would have bought more.

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    UPDATED pictures of my Max11

Guys, well I have made some changes to my setup and thought you might like to see. This is my M11 with a Max11 Double Feed Upper that takes Suomi 36rd 9mm double stack Mags. I have a drop in feed ramp to help feeding and it works pretty well. I also have standard RO metal mags that still work 100%. I have all three bolts giving me speeds of 650, 800 and 950 RPM. My upper has the steel front with K-Grip. I got rid of the rails on the front as I don't use them and wanted to new slim look. EOTech on top, lage Grip and small parts. For Christmas I got the Side Fold stock to help keep the overall package down and allow me to use a pistol case for it. I am very happy with it but still do like the solid stock. Suppressor is just a local made one that came with the gun. Really looks more like a Machine pistol now I think. I also have the Lage Max22 kit for it that allows me to shoot 22LR out of this gun. Just insert the barrel sleeve and 22 bolt and the only thing that looks different is the 22 barrel sticking out of 9mm barrel. Anyway, its done for good I think now... haha we will see. After next year it might have enough wear that I might repark it (I can do it myself).

Attachments

• Dsc00838.jpg
      Dsc00838.jpg
      69.5 KB · Views: 225
    • Dsc00837.jpg
      Dsc00837.jpg
      64.3 KB · Views: 224
    • Dsc00836.jpg
      Dsc00836.jpg
      80.5 KB · Views: 222

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts