• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GUNMANSUPERSTAR

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 10, 2012
    I am f**king speechless after that men!!:lol2: On a side note you got the make right. I am a ford man. Wonder if that baby has a 302 or 351?:D

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    is that a piston recoil buffer on the ground???:lol2:;)

He tried to lure me in, but my squirrel tactics kept me out of trouble. ;)

Gunman - looking at the suspension, I'd say that's the old 300 c.i. 4.9 inline six in that one.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    If he had painted 'Free Ammo' on the side, he'd have gotten alot more people then he did. ;)

OldSchool1959

MDS Supporter
    Feb 9, 2012
    Anne Arundel County
    Both of my ARs are Stag Arms. I have a model 1 and 6. Lifetime warranty on barrels! A lot of people upgrade the trigger out of preference but the receivers and barrel are fantastic.

In ref to the EOtech, I have one on my model 1 stag. I love the flexibility of two eyes open shooting. Very quick target acquisition. Brightness is easily adjusted to eliminate the bleed. Get one with the buttons on the side so that you can add a magnifier later.

Umm, I shoot with both eyes open on my Aimpoint Pro mounted on my Colt 6940. It co-witnesses just fine and the battery lasts for eons. I looked at the EOs and like them almost as much as the Pro. At 400 bones including the mount, it is a great solution. As far as Stags go, I have their new lefty model on my wish list.

Hyper-W

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2010
    Cooksville
    Umm, I shoot with both eyes open on my Aimpoint Pro mounted on my Colt 6940. It co-witnesses just fine and the battery lasts for eons. I looked at the EOs and like them almost as much as the Pro. At 400 bones including the mount, it is a great solution. As far as Stags go, I have their new lefty model on my wish list.

Lefty, huh? Both of mine are left handed.

OldSchool1959

MDS Supporter
    Feb 9, 2012
    Anne Arundel County
    Lefty, huh? Both of mine are left handed.

I'm not a natural lefty but have lost the sight in my right and formerly dominant eye. I moved to a lefty shooting style on my rifles and it works fine with the exception of the HOT brass coming into my neck when I shoot indoors. I hope to pick up a Stag lefty model soon so that I can avoid the burns and manipulate the controls more naturally. The other benefit is that my wife (who is not a big AR fan) and my son (who IS) are both natural lefties.
    Do you mind posting or PMing the source and cost for the two lefties you own?

Hyper-W

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2010
    Cooksville
    I'm not a natural lefty but have lost the sight in my right and formerly dominant eye. I moved to a lefty shooting style on my rifles and it works fine with the exception of the HOT brass coming into my neck when I shoot indoors. I hope to pick up a Stag lefty model soon so that I can avoid the burns and manipulate the controls more naturally. The other benefit is that my wife (who is not a big AR fan) and my son (who IS) are both natural lefties.
    Do you mind posting or PMing the source and cost for the two lefties you own?

Happy to post it. My second AR came from 2A sales. I can't remember the price but I think it was 1100 or less. My first one came from another store. That purchase was before I knew about 2A Sales. My preference is to always buy from Mark at 2A Sales. He'll order them and get it within a week usually. The Gun Rack sometimes has them in stock but I don't think they are as good a price as 2A Sales.

I'm technically right handed but I am left eye dominant. I do a lot of tasks left handed so I'm fairly balanced. I write and wipe with my right hand but just about everything else I can do left handed. I fish left handed exclusively. The lefty ARs are very natural for me to shoot. Field stripping it is a little awkward but that is the only issue.

For me, the brass rarely presents an issue on righty ARs - the gas is the problem for me. Pump-action shotguns are awkward but I'm decent with them. Semi-auto shotguns are easy enough. Bolt-actions are a pain in the ass and not even an option for me.

GUNMANSUPERSTAR

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 10, 2012
    The goodies are starting to roll in!!:D

Attachments

• P1000627.jpg
      P1000627.jpg
      84.4 KB · Views: 144

GUNMANSUPERSTAR

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 10, 2012
    I am liking the black rain ordnance upper in the center!!

Attachments

• black rain ordnance.jpg
      black rain ordnance.jpg
      62 KB · Views: 128

FFMike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 4, 2010
    Howard County
    I would like something with good battery life. I was also looking at bushnell. This one in particular: Anybody here familiar with this one?

I have the one you show in the pic... It is on my Ruger SR.22 Rifle... Accurrate and still adjustable. Don't know how it would hold with a .223/5.56 though.

GUNMANSUPERSTAR

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 10, 2012
    FFMIke; i went with the Bushnell TRS-25 shown in the pic above. My buddy has one on his sks and it has been flawless. Thanks for the tip though.:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom