• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GUNMANSUPERSTAR

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 10, 2012
    I think the nikon scope is more than I need. If I were in a desert shooting and the Taliban it would be different. I agree. The aimpoint is more than adequate in this part of the world.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    I would love for Aimpoint to have a lit circle around the dot, but I haven't had a problem with the 2 MOA dot on mine and acquiring a fast target. If we hadn't just bought a motorcycle, I'd take advantage of the Aimpoint PRO sale that's going on up there.

GUNMANSUPERSTAR

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 10, 2012
    Ok so here is my list:
    #1. stag arms model 3
    #2. aimpoint patrol rifle optic
    #3. stainless black rain ordnance charging handle
    #4. black rain ordnance stainless barrel
    #5. a shit load of magpul mags
    #6. blackhawk or voodoo tactical sling
    #7. magpul moe+ grip
    should be a nice black stainless tactical rifle that shoots like a dream!!:D

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Ok so here is my list:
    #1. stag arms model 3
    #2. aimpoint patrol rifle optic
    #3. stainless black rain ordnance charging handle
    #4. black rain ordnance stainless barrel
    #5. a shit load of magpul mags
    #6. blackhawk or voodoo tactical sling
    #7. magpul moe+ grip
    should be a nice black stainless tactical rifle that shoots like a dream!!:D

Stainless barrels are for accuracy, chrome lined for reliability. You aren't going to be able to get super accuracy with an Aimpoint, so I'd suggest you skip the barrel swap until you wear out the one that comes with the rifle. VTAC adjustable slings are great, I have one on my 3-Gun rifle.

GUNMANSUPERSTAR

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 10, 2012
    I at least have to do the charging handle. I need something to throw off the all black look. You have a good point. The factory barrel is chrome lined and is supposed to be a good one. Their(vtac) slings are pretty slick!!

Hyper-W

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2010
    Cooksville
    Both of my ARs are Stag Arms. I have a model 1 and 6. Lifetime warranty on barrels! A lot of people upgrade the trigger out of preference but the receivers and barrel are fantastic.

In ref to the EOtech, I have one on my model 1 stag. I love the flexibility of two eyes open shooting. Very quick target acquisition. Brightness is easily adjusted to eliminate the bleed. Get one with the buttons on the side so that you can add a magnifier later.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Their customer service is excellent also.

I sent a upper in for them to check out, called at 3:15, by 5:30 I had a pre-paid RMA in my e-mail to send the upper in, on their dime. They replaced the bolt and firing pin, ran 100 rounds thru it, shipped it back to me, all at no cost to me.

GUNMANSUPERSTAR

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 10, 2012
    That is customer service brad. You know as well as I that you usually have to pay the shipping for an item going back to a company.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Thankfully that isn't the case with them, I have a friend I shoot with a bit, also has a Stag upper, we were shooting one day and the groups opened up on him - turned out he had shot the barrel out (using his .22 kit of course).

He was on the phone with Stag while at the range arranging for a return, they got it in, decided replacing the barrel was too much effort, they just sent him a new upper with his handguards installed.

Total turnaround time, less than a week - but ymmv, being an election year and all.

GUNMANSUPERSTAR

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 10, 2012
    Service like that takes the fear out of buying a product. Wish everything you bought that failed prematurely was like that!!

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    My upper, I basically trashed a bolt and firing pin with some hot reloads - they still fixed it, no cost to me, no questions or blaming me - even though it was purely my fault.

They're a pretty decent company to deal with.

GUNMANSUPERSTAR

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 10, 2012
    Music to my ears Brad. I am finding these diamondhead hand guards are actually pretty cool. Looks like with the application of some accessory rails I can put more goodies on it. A decent light is an order now and maybe a hand guard grip??!!:D

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Model 3 is just a basic handguard - unless you paid for the optional rail.

I can't speak for Diamondhead's rail, no experience with it - but it does look unique.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Yep, just saw that a minute ago.

Good marketing IMO, the Model 3 has normally been more of the entry level, so it gives it some added feature.

GUNMANSUPERSTAR

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 10, 2012
    Brad; this is my current zombie/bath salt guru setup. The Stag should fit in nicely.:D

Attachments

• P1000619.jpg
      P1000619.jpg
      91.6 KB · Views: 109

GUNMANSUPERSTAR

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 10, 2012
    The mp15 up close: Olympic arms carry handle, Magpul moe grip, Voodoo Tactical bungee sling.

Attachments

• P1000622.jpg
      P1000622.jpg
      106.2 KB · Views: 108

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads