• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GUNMANSUPERSTAR

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 10, 2012
    Just put some money against a model 3 last night that is N.I.B for $729.00. Just looking for insight on the quality of these arms and the cans and can not do's of them!!:D

Attachments

• stag-arms-model-3-556mm.jpg
      stag-arms-model-3-556mm.jpg
      23.3 KB · Views: 779
    • stag arms m3.gif
      stag arms m3.gif
      23.6 KB · Views: 680

GUNMANSUPERSTAR

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 10, 2012
    I can not knock olympic too badly as I used their carry handle($120.00) on my M&P sport 15. I will remember this though wilcam when building this to stay away from their parts. I have a feeling this bad boy is gonna be seeing Black Rain Ordnance and Magpul parts.:D

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    everyone has their preferences...I never liked how Olympics seal/stamp looked. Its trite but it just looked like it was done in someones garage rather than professionally in shop. Stag looks well made...

GUNMANSUPERSTAR

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 10, 2012
    If you guys were to rate between the two I own, which is gonna be the better shooter? SW m&p 15 or this Stag Arms model 3?

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    I had (before the horrible boating accident) a 6H upper. Fit an finish are excellent as well as being a tack driver. I would not hesitate in getting another one. As a point of reference I also had (before the horrible boating accident) a Colt match target II.
    I have looked at model 3's and came close to getting one. Can you say where you are getting it?

GUNMANSUPERSTAR

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 10, 2012
    Hoovers Outfitters in Rockwood Pa. This guy has deals that you will not believe. Easily beats Gander Mnt. by 100.00-150.00. He has guys constantly coming in from Maryland to buy guns from him. From Grantsville Md., you can be at his shop in 35 minutes tops.

GUNMANSUPERSTAR

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 10, 2012
    Not sure. I know Thompson center makes the barrels on the m&p and I think Smith makes the Lower assembly on them. Last I knew but I may be wrong?

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Didn't Stag build the original M&P line for S&W?

Before S&W got their line going, they did the first couple of runs for them.

I have a Model 3HL and the now infamous Model 8L (piston), I got mine before their prices came up, they're solid, and good shooters.

GUNMANSUPERSTAR

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 10, 2012
    I am liking what I am hearing. Keep it coming!! How good are eotech holograms? Are they worth the 300-400.00?

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    I am liking what I am hearing. Keep it coming!! How good are eotech holograms? Are they worth the 300-400.00?

I dont think so...They have them at the gunshow and after a while the red dot/sight bleeds out and looks like crap...they have cheaper knock offs that do the same thing for around a $100

GUNMANSUPERSTAR

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 10, 2012
    I would like something with good battery life. I was also looking at bushnell. This one in particular: Anybody here familiar with this one?

Attachments

• BSNTrophy_730132P.gif
      BSNTrophy_730132P.gif
      25.7 KB · Views: 655

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    I've had 2 of those Bushnell Trophy's, first one held up for about 18 months and then lost the ability to adjust windage, second one is still going strong - not a bad beginner optic, but for the money, I'd look elsewhere.

EO-Tech isn't bad for the money, currently what I'm running (512/A65 reticle), it's proven itself to be durable enough, still on the original batteries a year and a half later, but if I had the option of trading it for an Aimpoint PRO (same price range), I would in a heartbeat.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    The only great thing about the Trophy is that from time to time people think your running an ACOG...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom