• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 308Scout

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 27, 2020
    Washington County
    I must be weird . With a cpl exceptions * , I usually break in holsters Bareback and Dry . Make funny face , shove hard , snap in place , and set aside to check in a week or so .

Exception - If you need to make major adjustments , or are seeking the band boned look so close that you can read the s/n , then wet the leather , and use gun condom .

That's how I've handled break in for most of mine, unless the fit was way too tight. My last few have been throw the gun in and let it sit for a day or three. I've only done the bag method for one Galco holster.

DFresh64

KnuklDragr
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 26, 2022
    AA County
    JM4 Tactical holsters are some of the best made. I've tried all sorts of IWB and the ones they sell fit the guns the best and the leather is quality and comfortable.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    On Stoveman’s recommendation I bought a Predator pancake for my HK45CT from Wright Leather Works

Fit is perfect. Great workmanshipMy gun goes in with slight resistance but fit is perfect

1 month delivery

My IWB is a Milt Sparks Versa Max 2 in Cordovan

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    I've always broken in my decent leather holsters by giving the pistol two wraps of household waxed paper, pushing it firmly into the holster and leaving it sit a few days.
    Just curious Ed, what's the reason for the wax paper?

Brychan

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2009
    Baltimore
    Forgotten, but now found.
    I was getting something out of the bedroom gun locker the other day, when I moved something down in the bottom, I noticed a large manila envelope. So I pulled it out and checked inside, lo and behold it was a Cross breed holster and also a mag holder that I had ordered when I applied for my MD permit after Woolard when I thought I had a chance to get one. Still brand new. I guess after that disappointment I had put it away and forgot about it. So now I don't need a new holster for my 1911 once my permit gets here. I did order myself a new ratchet belt.

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    in the bowels of Baltimore
    Forgotten, but now found.
    I was getting something out of the bedroom gun locker the other day, when I moved something down in the bottom, I noticed a large manila envelope. So I pulled it out and checked inside, lo and behold it was a Cross breed holster and also a mag holder that I had ordered when I applied for my MD permit after Woolard when I thought I had a chance to get one. Still brand new. I guess after that disappointment I had put it away and forgot about it. So now I don't need a new holster for my 1911 once my permit gets here. I did order myself a new ratchet belt.

Merry Fuggin' Christmas!

cobra

Ultimate Member
    Feb 26, 2009
    White Marsh
    Merry Fuggin' Christmas!
    IWB had good luck with crossbreed, I like the leather backing but kydex for good retention.

OWB like versa carry but they do require a bit of leather conditioner to break them in.

For Pocket holster been using desantis holsters.

Yes you’ll spend a fair amount of $ on different holsters as there is no one size fits all.
    A good quality belt however is a one time buy. Without good leather belt,holsters don’t always perform well.
    Less not forget,iwb carry can require you to buy 1-2 size wider pants to accommodate iwb carry.
    Imo

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kdaily1127

Latest threads

Top Bottom