• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    Almost nothing gets repealed - that's why fighting it when it's still a bill is important.

Voting for Hogan because of redistricting is laughable - the MGA can simply ignore him. Besides, MD can't get anymore f'ed up from that standpoint. I almost hope it becomes so egregious that the courts have to act.

The MDGOP should dissolve and run as (D) as someone above suggested. They would have a better chance of being elected as (D), at least in the communist triangle.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    This state didn't get this way overnight. It is going to take some time to undue this democratic mess. To no vote or vote for Dem is spitting in the wind. We can try rewriting a better bill and get it submitted next Legislative session and get this bad law repealed.

Yea, this sucks. No gun control is acceptable to me.

Support a better candidate in the R primaries but get in line if we can’t get a better candidate.

Sitting it out or voting D in the general election because he’s imperfect is really suicidal IMO.

Anyone who might replace him would be 100x worse. Cutting off your nose to spite your face. A lib governor would push full ban on possession of any semi auto or magazine.

:whack:

Attachments

• madaleno Gov.jpg
      madaleno Gov.jpg
      49 KB · Views: 299

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    I'm sorry, but this is just so short-sighted and, honestly, kind of selfish. Plenty of us are much younger or have kids who will be in this state long after we're gone. This isn't just about the next few terms, it's about the long term fight, and Hogan winning re-election doesn't help us long term.

Hogan literally signed his name on tyranny yesterday, so a vote for Hogan is a vote for tyranny, too. What would you be accomplishing?

ETA: And a 2A supporter claiming that a vote for a grabber is the "only" option left against tyranny is kind of funny, in a sad, darkly ironic sort of way.

Sorry, son, that you feel I'm selfish. My sight radius is far longer than yours - I've watched this stuff play out for 70 years. Also sorry that you are unable to comprehend that famous slogan of His Majesty's Navy: Always choose the lesser of two weevils.

Your choices have been limited over time, and there are no white knights in politics. The great Liberal dream of the New Jerusalem, heaven on earth, is just that, a dream.

Human nature has not changed over the millenia. Evil exists, and perfect good does not. Black and white doesn't translate into moral absolutes. That is the message of life on this planet: perfection does not exist, even though we can imagine it. Religious men and Liberals share the same motivation, based on that imagination. You'll notice that they have adopted different means to achieve their ends.

We have only the tools at hand; they are Hogan and a Dem. Nor you nor anyone else will turn Maryland into a state free of corruption, where the lawmakers and judges follow the COTUS.

You realise that by rejecting the option of working through the flawed political system, the only recourse for you is either surrender or rebellion? You ready for that? How long do you think you will last, in armed opposition to the State? Family? Kids? They're hostages to fortune.

Do you think I was kidding when I indicated that Hogan is the alternative to tyranny? We're sliding downhill fast, and anything that we can toss in front of the wheels of the state that will slow its inexorable descent is better than sitting back and decrying our lack of better choices. That mindset is what got us here in the first place.

Not_an_outlaw

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 26, 2013
    Prince Frederick, MD
    Sorry, son, that you feel I'm selfish. My sight radius is far longer than yours - I've watched this stuff play out for 70 years. Also sorry that you are unable to comprehend that famous slogan of His Majesty's Navy: Always choose the lesser of two weevils.

Your choices have been limited over time, and there are no white knights in politics. The great Liberal dream of the New Jerusalem, heaven on earth, is just that, a dream.

Human nature has not changed over the millenia. Evil exists, and perfect good does not. Black and white doesn't translate into moral absolutes. That is the message of life on this planet: perfection does not exist, even though we can imagine it. Religious men and Liberals share the same motivation, based on that imagination. You'll notice that they have adopted different means to achieve their ends.

We have only the tools at hand; they are Hogan and a Dem. Nor you nor anyone else will turn Maryland into a state free of corruption, where the lawmakers and judges follow the COTUS.

You realise that by rejecting the option of working through the flawed political system, the only recourse for you is either surrender or rebellion? You ready for that? How long do you think you will last, in armed opposition to the State? Family? Kids? They're hostages to fortune.

Do you think I was kidding when I indicated that Hogan is the alternative to tyranny? We're sliding downhill fast, and anything that we can toss in front of the wheels of the state that will slow its inexorable descent is better than sitting back and decrying our lack of better choices. That mindset is what got us here in the first place.

Somebody translate for me please.

Haides

Ultimate Member
    Oct 12, 2012
    Glen Burnie

Some good wisdom here. But I disagree that the only tools we have are Hogan and Dems. It's a false choice. Other choices may lead to a Dem governor, sure. But if that's the short term side effect to starting down the path to real change, then so be it.

We cannot spend all our political efforts just trying to slow our descent. What's the eventual end? We hit the bottom either way. We might slow the descent enough that you don't live to see the bottom, but that's just kicking the can down the road and saddling the next generation with same burden. Everyone else is still on the same cart headed downhill. I refuse to do that.

I have not and will not claim that we should just cross our arms and pout, and do nothing else. I don't understand why people keep bringing up that strawman. We need to fight to fix the MD GOP and be politically active, and that needs to start with a unified front of opposing any and all candidates with anti-2A stances and/or records, regardless of the consequences. Again, one would think that wouldn't be too hard on a 2A advocacy forum, yet here we are...

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    69% of Marylanders approve of the job Hogan is doing as of a couple days ago.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...b1697adcc2a_story.html?utm_term=.efa5de818b29

Reviewing the totality of his work, I approve of the job he is doing too. Don't give him an "A" in the 2nd Amendment department, but I look at a little more than just the 2nd Amendment. Wish he had vetoed just one of these bills to send a message to the General Assembly, but the silver lining is that the magazine ban did not make it to his desk.

Vote for whoever you guys want to vote for. I'll make up my mind on more than just the 2nd Amendment issue, and as far as I am concerned, he is way better than O'Malley and Brown when it comes to the 2nd Amendment.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    Somebody translate for me please.

Vote for hogan or old people will be mad

Except I am old and I ain’t voting for hogan

Voting for antis just empowers them to take more of our stuff

If re-elected hogan will sign any anti gun anti constitutional bill the mga sends him and he will do it with a smile. If folks think not then why did he not veto the bumpstock and red flag bills this year, the only year he could and it not be overturned next session?

Voting for antis , no matter their affiliation, is wrong and shameful period

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    I've been thinking about the problem. Fundamentally the issue is that either there aren't enough of us solid 2A voters to be taken seriously as a voting block, or there is a perception that there aren't enough of us, so that both parties feel justified in marginalizing our issues and running rough shod over 2A. I'm thinking that it may be time to create a real political action committee and if we can't speak with overwhelming numbers, we can probably make more of a statement with dollars.

Political strength comes from numbers or dollars... either way, we need to get more of them on the table.

Not_an_outlaw

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 26, 2013
    Prince Frederick, MD
    I've been thinking about the problem. Fundamentally the issue is that either there aren't enough of us solid 2A voters to be taken seriously as a voting block, or there is a perception that there aren't enough of us, so that both parties feel justified in marginalizing our issues and running rough shod over 2A. I'm thinking that it may be time to create a real political action committee and if we can't speak with overwhelming numbers, we can probably make more of a statement with dollars.

Political strength comes from numbers or dollars... either way, we need to get more of them on the table.

I'm in, but most of our members are cheap. If everyone (22,000) members gave $500, that would make a big difference.

namrelio

Ultimate Member
    Aug 14, 2013
    Frederick Co. Virginia
    Sorry, son, that you feel I'm selfish. My sight radius is far longer than yours - I've watched this stuff play out for 70 years.

This is not only a good post, but it's the way it is. I don't think we will see a miracle running as a Dem, so in the next election I'm voting for Hogan. There is no other choice. Maryland is done. Get out if you can. If you can't, then get out when you retire. It's either that or live with it.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    I'm in, but most of our members are cheap. If everyone (22,000) members gave $500, that would make a big difference.

Ain't that the truth.

Whether it's a request for money or time, it's ALWAYS the same handful of folks that kick in some coin or show up in Annapolis. The vast majority of people believe in letting others doing the legwork for them. While kicking back and reaping the benefits of that legwork. Unacceptable.

The 20/80 rule applies to most situations. Where 20% of the people do 80% of the work. But when it comes to fighting for the Second Amendment, it's more like a 3/97 rule. It's frustrating and maddening. And there's no convincing those who don't contribute that they're a**holes.

When the day comes that Captain Crunch mobiles are going door to door, I'd like to think some regret will enter into the minds of the fence sitters. But that won't happen. Fair weather Second Amendment supporters to the end.

I will laugh when folks ask.....Wuhappen?

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md

$100 a head would buy several seat in Annapolis I would think but who do you propose giving the money to?

I have concluded giving it to our reps down here and to hogan has been a waste of my money since hogan and our delegates have proven themselves as antis

I don’t believe giving it to the md gop will do any good since the gop “ leaders” told the republicans to vote for the bumpstock and 1302 bills

So who do we donate to so we get the most bang for our bucks????

CrazySanMan

2013'er
    Mar 4, 2013
    Colorful Colorado
    $100 a head would buy several seat in Annapolis I would think but who do you propose giving the money to?

I have concluded giving it to our reps down here and to hogan has been a waste of my money since hogan and our delegates have proven themselves as antis

I don’t believe giving it to the md gop will do any good since the gop “ leaders” told the republicans to vote for the bumpstock and 1302 bills

R and D primary candidates who are 2A loyalists and have a chance at unseating an incumbent who voted for SB281, HB1302, etc.

Vetted84

Nov 8, 2016

My first thoughts as well. Who will be the keeper of all this money?

Haides

Ultimate Member
    Oct 12, 2012
    Glen Burnie
    69% of Marylanders approve of the job Hogan is doing as of a couple days ago.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...b1697adcc2a_story.html?utm_term=.efa5de818b29

Reviewing the totality of his work, I approve of the job he is doing too. Don't give him an "A" in the 2nd Amendment department, but I look at a little more than just the 2nd Amendment. Wish he had vetoed just one of these bills to send a message to the General Assembly, but the silver lining is that the magazine ban did not make it to his desk.

Vote for whoever you guys want to vote for. I'll make up my mind on more than just the 2nd Amendment issue, and as far as I am concerned, he is way better than O'Malley and Brown when it comes to the 2nd Amendment.

This is not only a good post, but it's the way it is. I don't think we will see a miracle running as a Dem, so in the next election I'm voting for Hogan. There is no other choice. Maryland is done. Get out if you can. If you can't, then get out when you retire. It's either that or live with it.

And YOU are part of the reason why we are where we are today. YOU are the ones standing in the way of real change.

The reason our votes hold no power is because of phony 2A supporters like you, who fracture our voting block because you'd rather hand over more of your rights every couple of years than face a little financial discomfort for a little while. We're already a minority here. If we can't stick together and vote as a block we will NEVER be taken seriously.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom