• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • haoleboy

1/2 Banned
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 17, 2005
    Dentsville
    The next D governor WILL ban mags over 10 rounds. They WILL raise the age to buy a rifle to 21. They WILL require background checks for all sales. MD WILL become CA.
    Have you been paying attention at all? The MGA hasn't needed Hogan's approval for any bill they wanted passed in the last 4 years.
    What in the actual f*** makes you think they will need his approval in the next 4 years?

It really doesn't matter if we actually elected an independent Gov to MD. The MGA has, and will continue to do whatever they want, regardless of who is the gov.

We are not voting for Hogan again in the hopes that he will see the decline in votes from registered R's. Maybe just maybe, he will understand that you will not be rewarded for being an R, and signing bills against the 2A.

CrazySanMan

2013'er
    Mar 4, 2013
    Colorful Colorado
    Have you been paying attention at all? The MGA hasn't needed Hogan's approval for any bill they wanted passed in the last 4 years.
    What in the actual f*** makes you think they will need his approval in the next 4 years?

It really doesn't matter if we actually elected an independent Gov to MD. The MGA has, and will continue to do whatever they want, regardless of who is the gov.

We are not voting for Hogan again in the hopes that he will see the decline in votes from registered R's. Maybe just maybe, he will understand that you will not be rewarded for being an R, and signing bills against the 2A.
    This.

The MGA will do what it wants. Hogan will sign whatever they pass.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    HPRB makeup is better than previous . Viewed in isolation this is a positive thing . Would have been an interesting first step . As a sole acomplishment it's a bad joke .

But HPRB is trivial in the big picture when MSP LD blithely continues on with same old, same old .

IF, IF Hogan had kept to doing absolutely nothing about guns, and HPRB apointments were his sole action, I for one , could have accepted the Maryland Realpolitik that nothing really IS somthing , and seen the Hogan administration as a net positive.

But Noooooo ! Hogan and the GOP leadership had to Jump the Shark and turn Anti . I repeat myself again. Vote like a Democrat , get treated like a Democrat .

Everyone thinks I'm joking , but I'm not . The best thing the Maryland GOP Party could do is dissolve themselves, and in mass become Democrats .

In their policies they have effectively become fiscally responsible, socially moderate Democrats in everthing but name .

They could accomplish more for their constituents, and their personal careers as the moderate voices within the Dems , than they can now as the totally marginalized and ignored opposition pissing against the waterproof rain fly , shielding the Democrat tent from recieving even a drop of moisture .

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    But, but, but.... Hogan use to be our friend.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...60a9229cc10_story.html?utm_term=.7d091d6ada18

"Hogan has pledged to install a state police superintendent more sympathetic to gun owners and make it easier to obtain permits to carry concealed weapons"

"Hogan said: “I want to make it easier for law-abiding citizens to own guns.”

"Hogan has said, including in one GOP primary debate, that a desire for “self defense” should be enough to meet the “good and substantial” requirement. Lowering the standard like that, advocates on both sides of issue say, could lead to a major increase in the number of permits in Maryland, which currently stands at about 14,000. He has told me personally that it’s on the list,” LaAsmar said of Hogan. “That can be done with the stroke of a pen.”
    Thanks for this reminder.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    From today's mail ...
    0332ebeef5ce11793af597fbe4b336af.jpg

... and into the trash.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    From today's mail ...

... and into the trash.

I didn't bother to open mine before dumping it into the trash. And to think how much we went to bat for her when she was running against Van Hollen.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    And herein lies the problem. Entrenched progressives without viable opposition. Even with a 2:1 disadvantage, Republicans should be able to field more candidates than they do. The question is what’s stopping them.

This is the 1,000,000 question. I am completely flummoxed and irritated no one stepped up to challenge Zirkin on the GOP side. This was a totally winnable seat.

Abacab

Sep 10, 2009
    MD
    This is the 1,000,000 question. I am completely flummoxed and irritated no one stepped up to challenge Zirkin on the GOP side. This was a totally winnable seat.

They probably have a gentleman's agreement not to

Haides

Ultimate Member
    Oct 12, 2012
    Glen Burnie
    Looks like MrH and Mxrider threw us under the bus.

It's not at all fair to be mad at someone for supporting Hogan during his original run. I voted for him and I'm sure the majority of us did too. It's continuing to vote for him now we know he's a liar and a grabber that's the problem.

Engine4

Curmudgeon
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2012
    The guy won't even get in a photo op with MSI.

You know, this really galls me too. He hasn't said diddly squat that is pro 2A, & he hasn't offered any photo ops for any of us, especially when we were on the bricks directly next door to his house.

daggo66

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2013
    Glen Burnie

Actually YOU haven't paid attention. The MGA was ready to scrap SB281 until O'Malley demanded they pass it.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    But, but, but.... Hogan use to be our friend.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/md-politics/gun-rights-advocates-warming-to-hogan-promises/2014/10/05/b9d45470-4a59-11e4-b72e-d60a9229cc10_story.html?utm_term=.7d091d6ada18

"Hogan has pledged to install a state police superintendent more sympathetic to gun owners and make it easier to obtain permits to carry concealed weapons"

"Hogan said: “I want to make it easier for law-abiding citizens to own guns.”

"Hogan has said, including in one GOP primary debate, that a desire for “self defense” should be enough to meet the “good and substantial” requirement. Lowering the standard like that, advocates on both sides of issue say, could lead to a major increase in the number of permits in Maryland, which currently stands at about 14,000. He has told me personally that it’s on the list,” LaAsmar said of Hogan. “That can be done with the stroke of a pen.”

One of the biggest blunders in the history of MDS. :sad20:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ObsidianCC

Latest threads

Top Bottom