• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    And I ask again but never get an answer from these cowards.

How many gun crimes are committed by permit holders?

Crickets as usual

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA

Crickets as usual

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    I don't ever think that the leftist will stop with designing laws and or ideas that will try to erode at our rights. No worries MDS will still be what it is.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    What Hogan has done, can be changed by the next Governor. or so they think.

What we need is the courts to say "self-defense" is a good and substantial reason, so no governor can take it away from us again!

rambling_one

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Bowie, MD
    I submitted a renewal application for permit that has travel restrictions. Am hoping when it's processed, MSP has the foresight to remove the restriction.

csanc123

Ultimate Member
    Aug 26, 2009
    Montgomery County
    I call BS on this...June 30???:

"According to a gubernatorial spokesman, the state attorney general told the Maryland State Police on June 30 that the state's requirement to get wear and carry gun permits was unconstitutional.
    "

SpatialD

Aug 8, 2015
    Temple Hills
    Just a thought -- Since MD's CCW permitting requirements is so onerous, regarding the 16 hour class, what is the possibility that other state's concealed permitting (like Utah) would wave seat time and maybe just raise their application fee a bit? The latter is simply because I assume they get some portion of the fee paid by out-of-state class participants.

Last edited:

nomade

Apr 26, 2014
    It looks like someone got the ccw already... found the picture on wiki..

Attachments

• MD-Permit.jpg
      MD-Permit.jpg
      130.5 KB · Views: 215

TheBert

The Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2013
    Gaithersburg, Maryland
    Appears the MSP portal is broken, while I was on earlier checking on my application to remove current restriction, there are long delays in the portal responding now and none of my applications are shown, even those previously approved. Hopefully the MSP site just could not handle the traffic...

It isn't broken, it is overloaded.

rambling_one

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Bowie, MD
    Correct... kind of... I won't have to use my business for G&S at renewal. And... don't think that "we" aren't ecstatic that the system will now work for everyone(not prohibited, of course) in Maryland. This has been a long time coming

View attachment 371638
    Franchot says he will reverse said order from Hog-man
    No Dem who values the 2A should vote for this jerk.

E.Shell

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2007
    Mid-Merlind
    ...Might want to give it a year though to see what the General Assembly is going to try next session. Maybe, just maybe, it might finally get through to people that the gun is not the problem and that the problem in these inner cities with high murder rates is vast and multi-issue.

Crickets as usual
    And therein lies the meat of the problem:

Everyone seems to think this is an "education issue"that we can remedy with facts, when we REALLY need to understand that they know all they need to know and facts do NOT matter.

If evidence was the problem, we would have long ago won this fight.

If educating them was the answer, we would have been done.

If public opinion mattered, the presence of 4,000 of us in 2013 would have mattered.

If these people were as stupid as many people here seem to think, they would not have law degrees, nor would they be rich.

What will it take to get through to people that this is MALICE, pure and simple, and they simply do not want the general population to have the right to be armed and/or possess firearms in general.

Any tiny bit of progress toward disarmament is cause for celebration, every little restriction, every little red flag vulnerability...is s step in the right direction for them.

Facts do not matter. How many times do we need to present facts to deaf ears?

Any progress toward liberty and respect for the 2A is instantly met with first-class acting by first-class actors, playing as elected officials, but really working for someone besides their constituents, berating the law abiding citizens they are supposed to represent, using lies and terror tactics to scare the sheep.

Honestly, I find the counter-productive attitude that we are somehow dealing with stupid people to be much more frustrating than the transparent tyrants on the other side of the equation. There is NOTHING stupid about them, they want you disarmed and they work hard towards that end.

If they are so stupid, why are we the ones always losing? Are we stupider?

Ugh....

Lalez

BANNED!!!
    Feb 27, 2019
    Russia
    And therein lies the meat of the problem:

Everyone seems to think this is an "education issue"that we can remedy with facts, when we REALLY need to understand that they know all they need to know and facts do NOT matter.

If evidence was the problem, we would have long ago won this fight.

If educating them was the answer, we would have been done.

If public opinion mattered, the presence of 4,000 of us in 2013 would have mattered.

If these people were as stupid as many people here seem to think, they would not have law degrees, nor would they be rich.

What will it take to get through to people that this is MALICE, pure and simple, and they simply do not want the general population to have the right to be armed and/or possess firearms in general.

Any tiny bit of progress toward disarmament is cause for celebration, every little restriction, every little red flag vulnerability...is s step in the right direction for them.

Facts do not matter. How many times do we need to present facts to deaf ears?

Any progress toward liberty and respect for the 2A is instantly met with first-class acting by first-class actors, playing as elected officials, but really working for someone besides their constituents, berating the law abiding citizens they are supposed to represent, using lies and terror tactics to scare the sheep.

Honestly, I find the counter-productive attitude that we are somehow dealing with stupid people to be much more frustrating than the transparent tyrants on the other side of the equation. There is NOTHING stupid about them, they want you disarmed and they work hard towards that end.

If they are so stupid, why are we the ones always losing? Are we stupider?

Ugh....
    Great post. Well said

These people are not dumb. They want to keep you disarmed. The fact you have Marylanders have to register your guns is criminal.

Fortunately the vast majority of the country is heading in the other direction. Florida has gun stores the size of a Walmart, I visit them often. I watch people move here from Blue states and marvel that they can buy guns, carry guns, without much hassle at all.

We have a 7-10 state problem right now. These tyrants need to be shouted down loudly, they are in the minority and they know it

BurkeM

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2014
    Baltimore
    hmmm… some entrepreneurial chap could offer the MD class in the SouthEast that would be great. Say like in Jacksonville, FL for example, nice location to the GA and NC/SC people interested. Just sucks no reciprocity yet, but I feel it’s coming, probably through court order.
    Any instructor with NRA or USCCA credentials can get their QHIC in short order by email, MSP doesn't care where the instructor resides.

sclag22

Jan 9, 2013
    Fred Co.
    If people really thought about the entire message, they (political folks) are willing to take any right away at the drop of a hat. Not just 2A
    This is what I've been saying for years to people. Open your eyes! This is way beyond 2A. If they're willing to trample one right, they're willing to trample them all. And that's exactly what we're seeing. 2A is just the toe in the water. Fear this fear that. Give up 4A, 1A, 5A, etc. They're all on board now because they agree with the destruction of 2A, but they're going to hate it when the tide turns and someone returns the favor, since you know, precedent was set and all.

Far as I'm concerned it's all bad, no matter how much hair I rip out listening to the lefty's.

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    According to Hogan's spokesman, Frosh told MSP on 6/30 that G&S was not required to be enforced...

Basically a week of foot dragging, after taking a full week to review the Bruen opinion itself.

Fvck these people.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom