• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    Licensing portal just went down for an hour for “emergency maintenance.” I wonder what that entails? Was in the process of uploading my passport photo
    Removing the G&S wording? Maybe?

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    I think it got buried in this thread, because no one is talking about it.

According to the governor's spokesman, Frosh told MSP that G&S was not enforceable on 6/30.

If this is true, MSP has been dragging their feet for almost a week! Not processing applications submitted without G&S after the AG says G&S is not needed is the definition of denial of civil rights.

camo556

Ultimate Member
    Aug 29, 2021
    For the record, if you see someone open carrying on a W&C permit its me because gun normalization in this state needs to be a thing.

Dont worry, I'll stick to leather softer than a baby's bottom that displays a wood grip that pairs well with a nice Merlot. I know how you boomers hate Kydex.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I think it got buried in this thread, because no one is talking about it.

According to the governor's spokesman, Frosh told MSP that G&S was not enforceable on 6/30.

If this is true, MSP has been dragging their feet for almost a week! Not processing applications submitted without G&S after the AG says G&S is not needed is the definition of denial of civil rights.
    I have suddenly soured toward Sgt Pickles.

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    Facebook Post

Over the course of my administration, I have consistently supported the right of law-abiding citizens to own and carry firearms, while enacting responsible and common sense measures to keep guns out of the hands of criminals and the mentally ill.
    Last month, the U.S. Supreme Court struck down a provision in New York law pertaining to handgun permitting that is virtually indistinguishable from Maryland law. In light of the ruling and to ensure compliance with the Constitution, I am directing the Maryland State Police to immediately suspend utilization of the ‘good and substantial reason’ standard when reviewing applications for Wear and Carry Permits. It would be unconstitutional to continue enforcing this provision in state law. There is no impact on other permitting requirements and protocols.
    Today’s action is in line with actions taken in other states in response to the recent ruling.
    tenor.gif

everyone who wanted a G&S reason...

ADR

Ultimate Member
    Aug 17, 2011
    For the record, if you see someone open carrying on a W&C permit its me because gun normalization in this state needs to be a thing.

Dont worry, I'll stick to leather softer than a baby's bottom that displays a wood grip that pairs well with a nice Merlot. I know how you boomers hate Kydex.
    It's ok, most "boomers" as you're so fond of saying repeatedly, understand Millenials like things like Kydex that reminds them of Legos.

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City
    All of this is all the more reason for responsible behavior while carrying and following the laws closely as in place. All it will take is one bad actor to shine a negative light on us all. Our collective goal should be to keep it boring for the media and the left.
    Maybe we should be a whole lot more vocal in asking just how many of this year's projected 350 plus murders were committed by HQL and permit holders. How about the non-fatal shootings? They won't offer that answer. They'll avoid that answer at all costs, because they know damn good and well just how bad it will make them look.

I increasingly don't care what they think. We're ladies and gentlemen, but we've been far too accomodating for far too long. These politicians don't have a gun problem. They have a failed policy problem, a constituent problem in many instances, and a persistent evasion problem. Evasion is where they invariably turn when they get called on their constant misleading rhetoric and deflective ********.

They've been told what they're going to do. Finally.

camo556

Ultimate Member
    Aug 29, 2021
    It's ok, most "boomers" as you're so fond of saying repeatedly, understand Millenials like things like Kydex that reminds them of Legos.
    Legos? Damn you are old. Not Legos. Kydex reminds me of the Harry Potter Wand I got at Universal Studios. Thankfully, IDPA allows me to use my Hogwarts robe for concealment.

ADR

Ultimate Member
    Aug 17, 2011
    Legos? Damn you are old. Not Legos. Kydex reminds me of the Harry Potter Wand I got at Universal Studios. Thankfully, IDPA allows me to use my Hogwarts robe for concealment.
    No I'm actually not a Boomer.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    You had a magic wand that wasn’t a sexual innuendo? Should you own firearms? I had a rock. I had to share it with my brother. We shared the same pair of pants, too. Don’t ask.

mac1_131

MSI Executive Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 31, 2009
    I'm actually thinking a lot about some other people who are no longer with us like Henry Heymering, Don Foster, Phil Lee, and others.
    Yes I'd love to see the first G&S-free permit issued to Henry...

Kind of sad those guys aren't around any more to see this day.

A toast to them tonight!

scottyfz6

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2018
    The question is "what happens when the crime rate goes down as more CCW permits are issued"?

In jurisdictions where citizens carrying concealed firearm are trusted by their government, the crime rates are generally lower and when overall violent crime rates go down those jurisdictions see faster declines. While not foolproof, the FBI Uniform Crime Reports reflect that.
    The "thing" that normally happens is violent crime goes down and property crime goes up. They stop mugging people and go to breaking in to cars and houses. So the "total" crime normally does not change, and they will stand on their soapbox and scream "see no change in crime"

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom