• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      34.4 KB · Views: 286

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    http://www.howardcountymd.gov/gunbuyback.htm

It's $100 for any gun. It does say "residents" can sell in guns so I'm assuming Hoco residents only. But then, it won't be anonymous. It also says that they will only buy a "complete firearm, but will not buy gun parts or pellet/BB guns," so I'm assuming that means no frames.

buyback_poster.jpg

OP, are you sure that isn't last year's flyer? I don't think there is a buy back this year. Can't find anything about it anywhere else.

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    OP, are you sure that isn't last year's flyer? I don't think there is a buy back this year. Can't find anything about it anywhere else.

Hmm, I'm not sure. I Googled "Maryland gun buyback" and got that. Since it was on their page, I figured it might be current.

NateIU10

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2009
    Southport, CT

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    I thought it was weird that it didn't say "2nd Gun Buy Back" or even have a year on the flyer. You may want to update the opening post that it is a false alarm.

BLACKTALON

Ammo is like food
    Aug 4, 2011
    severna park
    Ah, stuck in the small picture and failing to see the big picture. Living for today, because tomorrow might never get here. When tomorrow gets here though, then it is "oh crap" time. If you have kids, tomorrow will eventually be here for them.

The metaphors are probably being lost in space, but such is life.

you do what you want and I will do the same no reason to be a dbag about it but whatever

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    I wonder if a homemade rubber band gun would qualify.... after all, in wussy-occupied HoCo it would probably suffice to get a kid expelled from school on a "weapons" charge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    I think we need to convince the liberals that all of those dangerous magazines or "clips" (anything holding more than 3 rounds) are also in need of $100 apiece buybacks. I have plenty of worn out old aluminum mags and could use a couple extra grand.

michaera

Love me some freedom.
    Jan 10, 2014
    Watch them give out EBT cards during future buyback events. I'm just kidding...except that I'm not.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    Serious question:

Does anyone know if they will buy zip guns?

http://www.gunssavelife.com/?p=5235

I feel like that's an AOW. However, mount it in a pistol looking stock, and it might be legal. I can't see why they wouldn't take it. It's a functioning pistol. However, if you make it with the intent to turn it in, that would be manufacturing with the intent to sell, which is illegal unless you're an FFL07.

Armati

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 6, 2013
    Baltimore
    I feel like that's an AOW. However, mount it in a pistol looking stock, and it might be legal. I can't see why they wouldn't take it. It's a functioning pistol. However, if you make it with the intent to turn it in, that would be manufacturing with the intent to sell, which is illegal unless you're an FFL07.

I am not sure these gun buy backs constitute a gun sale. As far as I am aware they never do any of the paperwork associated with a gun sale. What is their legal status anyway?

Armati

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 6, 2013
    Baltimore
    In the interest of Civil Disobedience, why not just turn in some homebrewed black powder matchlock pistols?

I am thinking a 4" piece of pipe, a pipe endcap, a pistol shaped wood stock, 2 hose clamps, and a serpentine made from bent wire.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom