• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dan_G

Feb 20, 2013
    Frederick ,MD
    I saw the thread on here about the place in the jobs board so I decided to stop by and just check out the place. I was amazed. Extremely friendly and helpful staff. They even gave me a tour of the place with no power since the area just had a power failure. Power came back on, very nice lanes with a fancy automated target holder that will rotate and you can program the timing. Huge selection of firearms. Definitely worth checking out. I never thought I would consider going to a 25 yard range or even an indoor range but this changed my mind.

Mini14Tom

Nobody in particular.
    Aug 4, 2013
    East Frederick Co.
    I paid my first visit to Heritage Traning Center and Range yesterday afternoon to check it out and shoot a box or so.

I was the only customer in the building at about 2:30 pm and received immediate and full attention from the staff. I met everyone, took the training/ safety orientation, got the tour of the facility and rented a lane for one hour of target practice.

The range fee includes use of eye and hearing protection (use of theirs is required), three or four silhouette style targets (several versions to choose from). I learned that one can bring pre-loaded magazines in :thumbsup:.

This place is very, very nice and they treat you like royalty. I enjoyed the experience and will definately be back. I can recommend it.

Until July 1 they are open 11-7 five days M-F. Then, 9-9 seven days a week.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Huh, I had no idea that they were also open - as I somehow internalized that they would be open to the public in July - but your description/experience makes more sense. I really want to check these guys out as well as TMGN soon. Maybe a couple of evenings next week.

Would be really nice if one of these places allowed you to check in and leave a firearm or two that you could use later in the day. That way on the way to work, one could leave your firearms, and on the way back go straight to the range. No transport laws are bent/broken if you don't have a carry permit, and for those working in places (schools, federal facilities, etc) where firearms can't be present, it saves a lot of time at the end of day as you can avoid running home to get your firearm before going to the indoor range.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Huh, I had no idea that they were also open - as I somehow internalized that they would be open to the public in July - but your description/experience makes more sense. I really want to check these guys out as well as TMGN soon. Maybe a couple of evenings next week.

Would be really nice if one of these places allowed you to check in and leave a firearm or two that you could use later in the day. That way on the way to work, one could leave your firearms, and on the way back go straight to the range. No transport laws are bent/broken if you don't have a carry permit, and for those working in places (schools, federal facilities, etc) where firearms can't be present, it saves a lot of time at the end of day as you can avoid running home to get your firearm before going to the indoor range.

Great idea. Gun lock boxes much like renting a humidor cabinet at a cigar bar. :)

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    I paid my first visit to Heritage Traning Center and Range yesterday afternoon to check it out and shoot a box or so.

I was the only customer in the building at about 2:30 pm and received immediate and full attention from the staff. I met everyone, took the training/ safety orientation, got the tour of the facility and rented a lane for one hour of target practice.

The range fee includes use of eye and hearing protection (use of theirs is required), three or four silhouette style targets (several versions to choose from). I learned that one can bring pre-loaded magazines in :thumbsup:.

This place is very, very nice and they treat you like royalty. I enjoyed the experience and will definately be back. I can recommend it.

Until July 1 they are open 11-7 five days M-F. Then, 9-9 seven days a week.
    Use of their safety equipment is required? I carry and prefer my own - I know whose germs it has been directly exposed to and how often it is cleaned.

donw@fyi.net

Mar 20, 2014
    Gaithersburg, MD
    prescription glasses?

Use of their safety equipment is required? I carry and prefer my own - I know whose germs it has been directly exposed to and how often it is cleaned.

My shooting glasses are prescription glasses but slightly different than the ones I am normally required to wear. It would be senseless to use any other glasses. I couldn't see the targets :-)

Dan_G

Feb 20, 2013
    Frederick ,MD
    On my tour all they said was they require over the ear muffs. I didnt press the issue further. I plan on going this tuesday.

CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012

That is why Woodstock and I invented the Range Caddie (TM) at our last MAG40 class.

The Range Caddie (TM) not only carries your range bag, loads your mags, changes your targets, and polices your brass... But she cleans your gun and equipment - all while serving you ice cold beverages, scoring your target and correcting your grip.

Shamr0ck

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2011
    Frederick
    Would that be QuarterMasters behind Family Meal?

How is that place? I'm heard that the owners recently had a falling out and things were unsettled. Buddy of mine's son worked there and finally left after not having been paid.

---
    Shamr0ck

Topher

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 8, 2008
    Fredneck
    The Range Caddie (TM) not only carries your range bag, loads your mags, changes your targets, and polices your brass... But she cleans your gun and equipment - all while serving you ice cold beverages, scoring your target and correcting your grip.

What's her name and does she have a sister?

FPL53

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2013
    Frederick
    I'm not a cigar person but QuarterMasters is within walking distance for me. I know exactly where Davidus is but that one is not within my walking distance. Now, only if TMGN or Heritage was within walking distance.

Topher

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 8, 2008
    Fredneck
    I have someone specifically for you sir ;)

Tiffanie. She used to be a hairdresser.

Bring on this x-hairdresser.
    I have a box of fruity wine in the fridge getting cold along with Barry White queued up AND I ALSO HAVE.... a restraining order already drafted just in case. Ya never know which way these things are going to go ... now do you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom