• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 3/2ACR Vet

Jul 6, 2012
    Baltimore City
    Hi, I'm Joe, and I live in Baltimore City.

I was pointed here by my brother-in-law (I'm not sure if he's a member) after I asked him a few questions about who he knew in the shooting community.

I'm here basically because I want to get back into shooting after a long absence from any sort of that activity. I discovered I have an affinity for all things that put rounds downrange way back when I was in the military. Learned to shoot on Parris Island, and learned to love shooting big ordnance at Ft. Knox (it's a long story).

I haven't been to the range in forever, but I watched a competition video online that really put the hooks back into me.

I currently own a Springfield XD in .45, had in for quite a few years now, and I'm looking to expand that to include some sort of service type rifle and a shotgun, in hopes of learning and participating in some 3 gun down the line. That will be a while though, as I save up money to grab the long guns. Right now, I'd like to get in touch with some of the AGC folks, find a nice group of people, and knock the rust off.

edhallor

Feb 23, 2010
    Aberdeen
    Hi, I'm Joe, and I live in Baltimore City.

I was pointed here by my brother-in-law (I'm not sure if he's a member) after I asked him a few questions about who he knew in the shooting community.

I'm here basically because I want to get back into shooting after a long absence from any sort of that activity. I discovered I have an affinity for all things that put rounds downrange way back when I was in the military. Learned to shoot on Parris Island, and learned to love shooting big ordnance at Ft. Knox (it's a long story).

I haven't been to the range in forever, but I watched a competition video online that really put the hooks back into me.

I currently own a Springfield XD in .45, had in for quite a few years now, and I'm looking to expand that to include some sort of service type rifle and a shotgun, in hopes of learning and participating in some 3 gun down the line. That will be a while though, as I save up money to grab the long guns. Right now, I'd like to get in touch with some of the AGC folks, find a nice group of people, and knock the rust off.

:beer: Hi Joe,
    Welcome, I lived in Canton many years back before meeting a girl who wanted to live where the green grass grows, no sidewalks, and rare to see a Police, Fire or Ambo, just Deer, Rabbits and Tree Frogs.

I too love :gun2:target shooting and have a great range :sign01: 20 Min from my driveway.

Living in Balto. is a real hassle for a Shooter :banghead:, no local place to Shoot, neighbors calling the Police if they see you carry a gun to your car, depending where you live, junkies targeting your home for a theft once they know there are guns inside and going to the Range turning out to be a long drive and all day affair.

City life has some upsides but I'm glad I got out. I still remember coming Home from work and walking four Blocks from the nearest parking spot, now I can park a dozen cars in my Driveway plus two more in the Garage.

Keep an eye out on the Board for some of the organized Shoots, check my pics, even mommy loves a day at the Range slinging lead and making friends.

There are a lot of very nice folks here who are involved in all aspects of the Shooting Hobby as well as unity to fight for the preservation of our Rights.

Didn't mean to rag on Baltimore, but as they say, been there - done that. Hope you stick around to make some new friends and possibly hook up with some of the Guys and Gals at one of the Shoots.

Welcome,
    Eddie O

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA

Attachments

• MSI welcome msg.jpg
      MSI welcome msg.jpg
      40.9 KB · Views: 78

Dave MP

Retired USA
    Jun 13, 2010
    Farmland, PA
    [FONT=&quot]Welcome from Dundalk!
    Take a look at these [/FONT][FONT=&quot]helpful[/FONT][FONT=&quot] links – LOTS of [/FONT][FONT=&quot]amazing[/FONT][FONT=&quot] info![/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]FORUM RULES[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]HOW to APPLY for a MARYLAND Carry Permit[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Range Etiquette and Staying Safe[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Admin News and Announcements[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Gun Rights and Legislation[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Industry Partners[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Maryland Ranges[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]MDS Logo Gear[/FONT][/FONT]

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    Hi Joe,
    Welcome. My club is looking for new members. PM your email adress to me and I can send you some info. Our next club meeting is Friday, July 20th

Bob

3/2ACR Vet

Jul 6, 2012
    Baltimore City
    Hey, thanks for the welcome and the good info, everyone.

I can understand the way you feel about Baltimore, Ed, but it's funny, the only people I hear talk about Baltimore like that don't actually live in the city ;)

I've lived in the city for almost 8 years, and I wouldn't live anywhere else. Never had any of those problems myself. I don't know how long it's been since you lived in the city, but I'm betting Baltimore now is a far cry from the Baltimore that left you sour. No worries, though, to each their own.

edhallor

Feb 23, 2010
    Aberdeen
    Hey, thanks for the welcome and the good info, everyone.

I can understand the way you feel about Baltimore, Ed, but it's funny, the only people I hear talk about Baltimore like that don't actually live in the city ;)

I've lived in the city for almost 8 years, and I wouldn't live anywhere else. Never had any of those problems myself. I don't know how long it's been since you lived in the city, but I'm betting Baltimore now is a far cry from the Baltimore that left you sour. No worries, though, to each their own.
    Hi Joe,

It’s the man, his integrity and service that counts, not where he chooses to live.
    I hold the highest regard for our Military; if I have the correct unit designation I take it you were a member of the 2nd Stryker Cavalry Regiment?
    I moved from Baltimore after the Riots of 67 and 68 but continued to work there until just a few years past.
    All of my Brothers, Sisters and their families still live in Baltimore, I apologies if I appeared to knock your choice of home site, that was not my intent.
    We have members from all over Maryland and even other States here.
    Please let me recant and just say welcome to one of America’s finest.
    Eddie O

3/2ACR Vet

Jul 6, 2012
    Baltimore City
    Well, no, I didn't think you were trying to knock Baltimore, no worries.

You're close on my unit, just a bit too recent for my service though :)

The Stryker came along long after I was out. I served when it was just the plain old 3rd of the 2nd Armored Cav. Jumped out the back of a Bradley and dragged a 60 around Iraq and Kuwait during Desert Shield/Storm.

Wish I'd stuck around for the Stryker though, it looks like a fun ride.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom