• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    I predict the most often repeated advice you will get is to move somewhere within commuting distance that is more free, meaning nearby West Virginia or Pennsylvania.

Welcome.

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    I live a couple of miles outside of Frederick and am escaping to AZ in a few months...less a reflection of Frederick than the state in general. Frederick isn't a bad place but it's following the Montgomery County example of Liberal Elitism more as time goes by.

davidb127

May 8, 2022
    Frederick MD
    I predict the most often repeated advice you will get is to move somewhere within commuting distance that is more free, meaning nearby West Virginia or Pennsylvania.

Welcome.
    i've been telling my wife when our lease is up here that we should cross the state line thinking about waynesboro but not too familiar with any cities over there...

Batt816

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 1, 2018
    Eastern Shore
    Welcome from the Eastern Shore! Here's a link if you wish to support MDS.

1652110749524.png
    https://www.mdshooters.com/account/upgrades

Last edited:

shootin the breeze

Missed it by that much
    Dec 22, 2012
    Highland
    Where are you coming from in TX? Born and raised in Houston, college in Gtown and med school in Ft. Worth. Army left me here and 20 years later I'm almost ready to get paroled.

davidb127

May 8, 2022
    Frederick MD
    Where are you coming from in TX? Born and raised in Houston, college in Gtown and med school in Ft. Worth. Army left me here and 20 years later I'm almost ready to get paroled.
    McAllen TX way down south got stationed in norfolk and now my wife is up there so ill be in frederick for a little bit and same here getting my 214 in about 75 days...

shootin the breeze

Missed it by that much
    Dec 22, 2012
    Highland
    McAllen TX way down south got stationed in norfolk and now my wife is up there so ill be in frederick for a little bit and same here getting my 214 in about 75 days...
    Yeah that is way down south. My granddad grew up there. Only there when going through to Nuevo Laredo to party in college. Farthest south I've spent any considerable time was Mathis where my grandparents retired and I spent some summers as a young teenager.

Hibs

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2015
    Maryland
    From TX to MD? Gross... but welcome! Surprisingly (maybe?) there are some great hunting opportunities around here.

aeubank2

Jan 30, 2022
    Hello everyone moving into frederick md and ran into this community and was looking for advice and guidance for some hunting around here!
    I have a 30 acre plot of land in Nanjemoy that I lease out for hunting. Just let me know if interested.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom